Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
applepie12
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 8:41 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by applepie12 » Tue, 12 Jan 2021 12:38 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 11 Jan 2021 10:34 pm
Just bordering slightly above zero, truth be known. F&B isn't the best industry to be in here. Add to that, and the fact that the Government tends to look down on VN citizens when it comes to immigration here. You buy your ticket and take your chance. It's about all you can do. If you don't' you wont, if you do, you still might not but at least there is a chance, however small.
Thank you.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 12 Jan 2021 6:29 pm

SophieLi wrote:Hi everyone, would like to get your opinion on my changes of getting approved for PR

Quick context: Following my fiance (he's a PR for 9 years)'s unhelpful advice, I applied 1st time only after 6 months of staying here and got rejected (*eyeroll* its quite stupid looking back) So this would be my 2nd application.

Nationality: United States
Age: 32
Race: Chinese
Gender: Female
Marital status: Just filed my noticed of marriage (solemnization in April)
Applied for: Myself
Education: MBA a well-known school
Length of stay in SG: 2 years 3 months
Pass type: EP
Occupation: Business Develop manager in a well-known tech firm
Salary: S$140k base
Work experience: 8 years
SG Tax Assesment: 1-2 years (They combined 2018/2019 assessment into 1)

Thank you~ Happy new years everyone!
Husband’s nationality and race?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Merliones
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 11:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by Merliones » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 12:17 pm

Hi There!

I am planning on applying for PR application soon. I have heard various accounts where the applicants submit "more" than document list from ICA.For example a CV, resume, certifications of volunteering, testimonials from managers/company/locals etc.

My question is, does it help? From what I understand, in the application form there may or may not be a place to add more information or documents. It is not mentioned anywhere that it will be there OR it will not be there.

Is it something I need to work towards? I have done plenty of volunteering but did not think much about getting the certification etc. I do have a few but that is from university days (~5 years ago). After that I simply did not care if I get those. Could it affect my application if such things are not provided?

DreamDream
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:54 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by DreamDream » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 3:17 pm

Merliones wrote:Hi There!

I am planning on applying for PR application soon. I have heard various accounts where the applicants submit "more" than document list from ICA.For example a CV, resume, certifications of volunteering, testimonials from managers/company/locals etc.

My question is, does it help? From what I understand, in the application form there may or may not be a place to add more information or documents. It is not mentioned anywhere that it will be there OR it will not be there.

Is it something I need to work towards? I have done plenty of volunteering but did not think much about getting the certification etc. I do have a few but that is from university days (~5 years ago). After that I simply did not care if I get those. Could it affect my application if such things are not provided?
Looks like you have done your PhD in PR application. No one helps better than yourself.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3119
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 3:32 pm

Merliones wrote:
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 12:17 pm
Hi There!

I am planning on applying for PR application soon. I have heard various accounts where the applicants submit "more" than document list from ICA.For example a CV, resume, certifications of volunteering, testimonials from managers/company/locals etc.

My question is, does it help? From what I understand, in the application form there may or may not be a place to add more information or documents. It is not mentioned anywhere that it will be there OR it will not be there.

Is it something I need to work towards? I have done plenty of volunteering but did not think much about getting the certification etc. I do have a few but that is from university days (~5 years ago). After that I simply did not care if I get those. Could it affect my application if such things are not provided?
Where are you from?

Where did you do your university?

Merliones
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 11:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Merliones » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 4:26 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 3:32 pm
Merliones wrote:
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 12:17 pm
Hi There!

I am planning on applying for PR application soon. I have heard various accounts where the applicants submit "more" than document list from ICA.For example a CV, resume, certifications of volunteering, testimonials from managers/company/locals etc.

My question is, does it help? From what I understand, in the application form there may or may not be a place to add more information or documents. It is not mentioned anywhere that it will be there OR it will not be there.

Is it something I need to work towards? I have done plenty of volunteering but did not think much about getting the certification etc. I do have a few but that is from university days (~5 years ago). After that I simply did not care if I get those. Could it affect my application if such things are not provided?
Where are you from?

Where did you do your university?
I am from India

I did my uni studies in Singapore with PSB academy under Australian university.

Would it help if I share my profile?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3119
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 4:39 pm

Merliones wrote:
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 4:26 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 3:32 pm
Merliones wrote:
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 12:17 pm
Hi There!

I am planning on applying for PR application soon. I have heard various accounts where the applicants submit "more" than document list from ICA.For example a CV, resume, certifications of volunteering, testimonials from managers/company/locals etc.

My question is, does it help? From what I understand, in the application form there may or may not be a place to add more information or documents. It is not mentioned anywhere that it will be there OR it will not be there.

Is it something I need to work towards? I have done plenty of volunteering but did not think much about getting the certification etc. I do have a few but that is from university days (~5 years ago). After that I simply did not care if I get those. Could it affect my application if such things are not provided?
Where are you from?

Where did you do your university?
I am from India

I did my uni studies in Singapore with PSB academy under Australian university.

Would it help if I share my profile?
You may share your profile. But volunteering will not help unless may be you did for last 10 years.

digbabbby
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 4:45 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by digbabbby » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 4:51 pm

Hi all, please help to rate my chances.

Nationality: Vietnamese
Age: 25
Race: Vietnamese (non-Chinese)
Gender: Male
Marital status: Married
Applied for: Myself
Education: Did my entire education in Singapore since secondary school (including local uni), scholar
Length of stay in SG: >10 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: Working in finance
Salary: S$130k base; AY2020 made S$220k incl. bonus, AY2021 expecting S$260k
Work experience: 2 years
SG Tax Assessment: ~2

Merliones
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 11:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Merliones » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 4:56 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 4:39 pm
Merliones wrote:
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 4:26 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 3:32 pm

Where are you from?

Where did you do your university?
I am from India

I did my uni studies in Singapore with PSB academy under Australian university.

Would it help if I share my profile?
You may share your profile. But volunteering will not help unless may be you did for last 10 years.
oh Alright. Then it will not be of much impact since I have been in the country for less than 10 years

What about the other documents mentioned such as CV, resume, testimonials from managers/company/locals etc?
Last edited by Merliones on Fri, 15 Jan 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DreamDream
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:54 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by DreamDream » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 4:58 pm

digbabbby wrote:Hi all, please help to rate my chances.

Nationality: Vietnamese
Age: 25
Race: Vietnamese (non-Chinese)
Gender: Male
Marital status: Married
Applied for: Myself
Education: Did my entire education in Singapore since secondary school (including local uni), scholar
Length of stay in SG: >10 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: Working in finance
Salary: S$130k base; AY2020 made S$220k incl. bonus, AY2021 expecting S$260k
Work experience: 2 years
SG Tax Assessment: ~2
Possibly will get thru

wally_5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 5:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by wally_5 » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 5:12 pm

Hi there, I'm thinking about applying for PR, but not sure how long I should wait before applying. What do you think are my chances?

Nationality: New Zealander
Age: 27
Race: Caucasian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Education: Law degree, NZ university
Length of stay in SG: 2 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: Finance
Salary: S$100k + $14k bonus
Work experience: ~5 years
SG Tax Assessment: 2 years fully paid

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3119
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 5:21 pm

wally_5 wrote:
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 5:12 pm
Hi there, I'm thinking about applying for PR, but not sure how long I should wait before applying. What do you think are my chances?

Nationality: New Zealander
Age: 27
Race: Caucasian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Education: Law degree, NZ university
Length of stay in SG: 2 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: Finance
Salary: S$100k + $14k bonus
Work experience: ~5 years
SG Tax Assessment: 2 years fully paid
Very low chance.

DreamDream
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:54 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by DreamDream » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 5:22 pm

wally_5 wrote:Hi there, I'm thinking about applying for PR, but not sure how long I should wait before applying. What do you think are my chances?

Nationality: New Zealander
Age: 27
Race: Caucasian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Education: Law degree, NZ university
Length of stay in SG: 2 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: Finance
Salary: S$100k + $14k bonus
Work experience: ~5 years
SG Tax Assessment: 2 years fully paid
chances are slim, given the nationality and pay.
Application may prolong, because every case is different. If rejected, reapply after 5y of AY

neelz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 10:57 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by neelz » Thu, 14 Jan 2021 11:12 pm

Hi i am new here, can give me feedback on my spouse’s chances on getting PR. Thanks so much!

Me
Race : Singaporean Malay
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Married
Education : Local Poly
Job : Staff Nurse
Length of stay : born here
Salary : 2.7k/mth
Age: 26

Spouse
Race : Filipino
Marital Status : we are now married for 7mths
Education : Masters in IT from his country
Job: Healthcare aide
Length of stay : 3yrs
Salary : 1.8k/mth
Age: 27
Currently LTVP holder converted from Work Permit
Before that SPass holder with 2.5k/mth salary but company close down

lmseeker
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 8:14 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by lmseeker » Fri, 15 Jan 2021 8:22 am

Hey there, would like to get some perspectives on my chances on PR. Assume low, due to be under 'others', but hope to get some further feedback from the experienced folks here.

Nationality: Brazilian
Age: 32
Race: Caucasian
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Applied for: Myself
Education: Bachelor Degree in Top BR school
Length of stay in SG: 3 years, previously lived in China for 3 years on top Chinese company (if that helps?)
Pass type: EP
Occupation: E-commerce Category Management on Top Tech Firm
Salary: S$170k base + Bonus + Stock Options
Work experience: 11 years
SG Tax Assessment: 2 years (soon 3)

I think chances are slim but would like to hear from you guys if you any recommendation that could help the odds.

Thanks!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests