Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mystic_river
Regular
Regular
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by mystic_river » Fri, 08 Jan 2021 9:20 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 4:26 pm
lylyng wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 2:31 pm
Hi,

I would like to ask for your advice on my PR chance. Thank you so much!

Nationality: Vietnamese
Age: 29
Race: Vietnamese
Gender: Female
Marital status: Single
Applied for: Myself only
Education: Bachelor of Business Administration (in Japan), attending MBA in top 10 Uni in UK (will grad in 2022)
Length of stay in SG: 5.5 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: IT Sales
Salary: S$146k base + S$100k bonus & stock option
Work experience: 7 years
SG Tax Assesment: 4 years, coming to 5
May not be easy, because of ethnicity and also the occupation/profession.
What’s wrong with IT sales?

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by the observer » Fri, 08 Jan 2021 9:42 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 9:20 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 4:26 pm
lylyng wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 2:31 pm
Hi,

I would like to ask for your advice on my PR chance. Thank you so much!

Nationality: Vietnamese
Age: 29
Race: Vietnamese
Gender: Female
Marital status: Single
Applied for: Myself only
Education: Bachelor of Business Administration (in Japan), attending MBA in top 10 Uni in UK (will grad in 2022)
Length of stay in SG: 5.5 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: IT Sales
Salary: S$146k base + S$100k bonus & stock option
Work experience: 7 years
SG Tax Assesment: 4 years, coming to 5
May not be easy, because of ethnicity and also the occupation/profession.
What’s wrong with IT sales?
I think anecdotal evidence points to corporate high flyers being geographically mobile, hence are “transient” in nature. Most do not reside long, and are usually transplanted to other countries after a stint. (most cases)

High flying entrepreneurs on the other hand create employment etc, hence it’s a separate story altogether.

But of course, at the end of the day.
It all boils down to the 5 letter word.
- Quota.
Under the O category of the CMIO classification system.

And whether the candidate is the type that would integrate, and has shown commitment.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3119
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 08 Jan 2021 10:36 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 9:20 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 4:26 pm
lylyng wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 2:31 pm
Hi,

I would like to ask for your advice on my PR chance. Thank you so much!

Nationality: Vietnamese
Age: 29
Race: Vietnamese
Gender: Female
Marital status: Single
Applied for: Myself only
Education: Bachelor of Business Administration (in Japan), attending MBA in top 10 Uni in UK (will grad in 2022)
Length of stay in SG: 5.5 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: IT Sales
Salary: S$146k base + S$100k bonus & stock option
Work experience: 7 years
SG Tax Assesment: 4 years, coming to 5
May not be easy, because of ethnicity and also the occupation/profession.
What’s wrong with IT sales?
Sales is not in demand in the job market in my view. There are enough of local residents who are in the sales domain.

mystic_river
Regular
Regular
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by mystic_river » Fri, 08 Jan 2021 10:39 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 10:36 pm
mystic_river wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 9:20 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 4:26 pm


May not be easy, because of ethnicity and also the occupation/profession.
What’s wrong with IT sales?
Sales is not in demand in the job market in my view. There are enough of local residents who are in the sales domain.
Fair point. Though IT sales is rather broad . A solution architect is technically under the sales domain too (albeit presales, but it requires a special set of skills nonetheless)

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3119
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 08 Jan 2021 11:21 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 10:39 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 10:36 pm
mystic_river wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 9:20 pm


What’s wrong with IT sales?
Sales is not in demand in the job market in my view. There are enough of local residents who are in the sales domain.
Fair point. Though IT sales is rather broad . A solution architect is technically under the sales domain too (albeit presales, but it requires a special set of skills nonetheless)
But his designation will be Solution Architect - Presales or along that line.

Bobby101
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 8:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Bobby101 » Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:00 am

Hello friends,

Is anyone here got the outcome of PR application applied in July 2020? Whether the outcome is communicated via post or email?

Thanks in advance

DreamDream
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:54 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by DreamDream » Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:55 am

Your profile...

nkhant
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 2:56 pm
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by nkhant » Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:59 am

Bobby101 wrote:
Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:00 am
Hello friends,

Is anyone here got the outcome of PR application applied in July 2020? Whether the outcome is communicated via post or email?

Thanks in advance
What I understand is that the outcome is always by post, and by a status update at e-PR page.

louis938
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 3:40 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by louis938 » Sat, 09 Jan 2021 3:44 pm

Hi,

I would like to ask for your advice on my PR chance. Thank you so much!

Nationality: Malaysian
Age: 27
Race: Chinese
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Applied for: Myself only
Education: Diploma in Mobile Software Development (Singapore Poly)
Length of stay in SG: 5.5 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: IT Analyst
Salary: S$2.8 base
Work experience: Coming 3 years
SG Tax Assesment: 2 years

DreamDream
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:54 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by DreamDream » Sat, 09 Jan 2021 4:39 pm

louis938 wrote:Hi,

I would like to ask for your advice on my PR chance. Thank you so much!

Nationality: Malaysian
Age: 27
Race: Chinese
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Applied for: Myself only
Education: Diploma in Mobile Software Development (Singapore Poly)
Length of stay in SG: 5.5 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: IT Analyst
Salary: S$2.8 base
Work experience: Coming 3 years
SG Tax Assesment: 2 years
Application date?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

louis938
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 3:40 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by louis938 » Sat, 09 Jan 2021 5:25 pm

DreamDream wrote:
Sat, 09 Jan 2021 4:39 pm
louis938 wrote:Hi,

I would like to ask for your advice on my PR chance. Thank you so much!

Nationality: Malaysian
Age: 27
Race: Chinese
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Applied for: Myself only
Education: Diploma in Mobile Software Development (Singapore Poly)
Length of stay in SG: 5.5 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: IT Analyst
Salary: S$2.8 base
Work experience: Coming 3 years
SG Tax Assesment: 2 years
Application date?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No yet apply. Planning to apply after CNY.

BTW, do i need to translate my documents, such as birth cert, IC, etc?

DreamDream
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:54 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by DreamDream » Sat, 09 Jan 2021 6:37 pm

louis938 wrote:
DreamDream wrote:
Sat, 09 Jan 2021 4:39 pm
louis938 wrote:Hi,

I would like to ask for your advice on my PR chance. Thank you so much!

Nationality: Malaysian
Age: 27
Race: Chinese
Gender: Male
Marital status: Single
Applied for: Myself only
Education: Diploma in Mobile Software Development (Singapore Poly)
Length of stay in SG: 5.5 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: IT Analyst
Salary: S$2.8 base
Work experience: Coming 3 years
SG Tax Assesment: 2 years
Application date?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No yet apply. Planning to apply after CNY.

BTW, do i need to translate my documents, such as birth cert, IC, etc?
Sec 11

https://www.ica.gov.sg/docs/default-sou ... 284ffa.pdf

IsabelTan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 9:38 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by IsabelTan » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 12:03 am

Bobby101 wrote:
Sat, 09 Jan 2021 9:00 am
Hello friends,

Is anyone here got the outcome of PR application applied in July 2020? Whether the outcome is communicated via post or email?

Thanks in advance
I have submitted in early July 2020. Still waiting for news too. Checking the ICA website daily... Guess it will take somemore time. The wait is generally longer due to Covid .

peteadmin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 10:03 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by peteadmin » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 5:13 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by peteadmin on Sun, 10 Jan 2021 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smoulder
Regular
Regular
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by smoulder » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 5:30 pm

mystic_river wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 10:39 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 10:36 pm
mystic_river wrote:
Fri, 08 Jan 2021 9:20 pm


What’s wrong with IT sales?
Sales is not in demand in the job market in my view. There are enough of local residents who are in the sales domain.
Fair point. Though IT sales is rather broad . A solution architect is technically under the sales domain too (albeit presales, but it requires a special set of skills nonetheless)
Usually, when I see someone say IT sales, they mean that they are in inside sales or they are account managers. Pre-sales solution architects, no matter how less technical they are (sometimes) will usually call themselves "solution architects".

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests