Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Encryption Key
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:23 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Encryption Key » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:44 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:40 pm
Encryption Key wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:31 pm
Hi there,

I wanted to get some thoughts on my chances for PR application that I am about to submit.

1. Nationality - Indian
2. Education - Masters from one of the top 3 Singapore University
3. Length of stay in Singapore - since 2009 (1 year of Study) - working since 2010
4. Age - 35yrs
5. Current salary - 270k base + bonus + vested equity - TC: 500K
6. Marital Status - Married 2 years ago, no kids but plan to early 2022
7. Visa status - PEP
8. Occupation - Regional Business Development Senior for a digital tech firm where I am responsible for cracking strategic tech partnerships; involves lots of product development as part of deal negotiations
9. Experience snapshot - Have worked and spent good time in the last 10 years across markets like China, Japan, Australia, Philippines
10. Spouse - working in the software as a service technology startup looking at Singapore and Malaysia markets; base 140K SGD
11. Others: Active investor and advisor in an edtech startup; speak basic mandarin but no certificates yet

The forum is super useful btw! Thanks a lot
You can try. 50-50 chance I would say.
Why would you say 50-50? Apart from Nationality, are there other pointers that I should be looking at to improve? Thanks. This is my first application btw.

smoulder
Regular
Regular
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by smoulder » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 4:07 pm

Encryption Key wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:43 pm
Why would you say 50-50? Apart from Nationality, are there other pointers that I should be looking at to improve? Thanks. This is my first application btw.
What's your wife's nationality?

Encryption Key
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:23 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Encryption Key » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 4:15 pm

smoulder wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 4:07 pm
Encryption Key wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:43 pm
Why would you say 50-50? Apart from Nationality, are there other pointers that I should be looking at to improve? Thanks. This is my first application btw.
What's your wife's nationality?
Indian as well

addddy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 1:24 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by addddy » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 4:18 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 2:19 pm
addddy wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 1:32 pm
Hi all,
I have been following this forum for a while now and appreciate the constructive discussion here. I intend to apply for a PR in the coming months after my PEP application got approved a few months ago. Here are a few of my details:
1. Nationality - Indian
2. Education - Masters from a Singapore University
3. Length of stay in Singapore - since Dec 2013 (as a student) - working since April 2015
4. Age - 37yrs
5. Current salary - 275k base + bonus
6. Marital Status - Single
7. Visa status - PEP
8. Occupation - Director at a technology company

I have been actively involved in the teaching space as well having had taught in universities and polytechnics.

Your advice required:
1. What are my chances
2. I have savings in Singapore bank account but currently have not made any long-term investments in Singapore - do I need to?
3. Should I go via an agency?

Really appreciate the advice here. Thanks a lot in advance.
1. Apply one year after PEP, you will have decent chance. The only thing that may go against you may be the view that since your salary is high, you may move to greener pastures elsewhere later. But anyway, try.
2. It is OK.
3. Not needed. You can do the application yourself online
Thanks a lot for your advice. Re #2- just to clarify, is it ok not to have a long term investment in Singapore eg. House, large deposits in MF, ETFs in SGX etc...? Thanks again for your prompt response. :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37617
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 5:02 pm

Those investments you refer to does the Singapore Government no good at all. It only helps you. So for pr purposes you may as well have a saving account. Now if you had a startup and were imploying a couple of dozen locals and decidedly more locals than expats, that would be a heads up to ICA as that is an investment into the country, not yourself.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3102
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 23 Dec 2020 6:46 pm

Encryption Key wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:44 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:40 pm
Encryption Key wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:31 pm
Hi there,

I wanted to get some thoughts on my chances for PR application that I am about to submit.

1. Nationality - Indian
2. Education - Masters from one of the top 3 Singapore University
3. Length of stay in Singapore - since 2009 (1 year of Study) - working since 2010
4. Age - 35yrs
5. Current salary - 270k base + bonus + vested equity - TC: 500K
6. Marital Status - Married 2 years ago, no kids but plan to early 2022
7. Visa status - PEP
8. Occupation - Regional Business Development Senior for a digital tech firm where I am responsible for cracking strategic tech partnerships; involves lots of product development as part of deal negotiations
9. Experience snapshot - Have worked and spent good time in the last 10 years across markets like China, Japan, Australia, Philippines
10. Spouse - working in the software as a service technology startup looking at Singapore and Malaysia markets; base 140K SGD
11. Others: Active investor and advisor in an edtech startup; speak basic mandarin but no certificates yet

The forum is super useful btw! Thanks a lot
You can try. 50-50 chance I would say.
Why would you say 50-50? Apart from Nationality, are there other pointers that I should be looking at to improve? Thanks. This is my first application btw.
Since you are in the high salary range, it may be easier for you to move to greener pastures. That may be another reason for reducing your chance. But, apply and see.

Newnew88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 10:09 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Newnew88 » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 9:27 am

AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 2:23 pm
Newnew88 wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 11:28 am
AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 2:43 am
Hi

I submitted my PR application a few months ago. I noticed that the Submit documents option under Enquire Application status tab in my singpass has been disabled yesterday. Does that mean a decision has been reached and I can expect an update soon? Has anyone noticed any trend of this sort? Thank you!
Most of the people said if the submit documents option gone, means you will get the result soon, hope you will get good result.
By the way when you submitted?
Sept 2020?
I had made a post in this forum in Sep 2020 as I realised my earlier post in the forum was not submitted (I thought it was). But since there was no update in my application anyway, I copy pasted the same info again. My actual application was in late Aug
Hi,any news?

AnimalHorizon90
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 11:11 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by AnimalHorizon90 » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 9:52 am

Newnew88 wrote:
Thu, 24 Dec 2020 9:27 am
AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 2:23 pm
Newnew88 wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 11:28 am


Most of the people said if the submit documents option gone, means you will get the result soon, hope you will get good result.
By the way when you submitted?
Sept 2020?
I had made a post in this forum in Sep 2020 as I realised my earlier post in the forum was not submitted (I thought it was). But since there was no update in my application anyway, I copy pasted the same info again. My actual application was in late Aug
Hi,any news?
Not yet :( But I noticed that the ‘Apply for permanent residence’ option is back now after missing for several months during processing.Image
Attachments
C1941B3C-3383-4991-A4EB-6DA625BBD19F.jpeg

Newnew88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 10:09 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Newnew88 » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 10:17 am

AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Thu, 24 Dec 2020 9:52 am
Newnew88 wrote:
Thu, 24 Dec 2020 9:27 am
AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 2:23 pm


I had made a post in this forum in Sep 2020 as I realised my earlier post in the forum was not submitted (I thought it was). But since there was no update in my application anyway, I copy pasted the same info again. My actual application was in late Aug
Hi,any news?
Not yet :( But I noticed that the ‘Apply for permanent residence’ option is back now after missing for several months during processing.Image

Mine is same as yours,the submit documents option gone,on yesterday.
But all the while I didn’t notice about this apply permanent residence is there or not,even during processing.
Keep me updated
Last edited by Newnew88 on Thu, 24 Dec 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newnew88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 10:09 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Newnew88 » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 11:01 am

AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Thu, 24 Dec 2020 9:52 am
Newnew88 wrote:
Thu, 24 Dec 2020 9:27 am
AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 2:23 pm


I had made a post in this forum in Sep 2020 as I realised my earlier post in the forum was not submitted (I thought it was). But since there was no update in my application anyway, I copy pasted the same info again. My actual application was in late Aug
Hi,any news?
Not yet :( But I noticed that the ‘Apply for permanent residence’ option is back now after missing for several months during processing.Image
I sent you private msg,please check

nkhant
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 2:56 pm
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by nkhant » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 2:29 pm

AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Thu, 24 Dec 2020 9:52 am

Not yet :( But I noticed that the ‘Apply for permanent residence’ option is back now after missing for several months during processing.
Both "Submit Requested Documents" & "Apply for Premanent Residence" is still active. Applied 02/12/2020.

.

AnimalHorizon90
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 11:11 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by AnimalHorizon90 » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 2:54 pm

Newnew88 wrote:
Thu, 24 Dec 2020 11:01 am
AnimalHorizon90 wrote:
Thu, 24 Dec 2020 9:52 am
Newnew88 wrote:
Thu, 24 Dec 2020 9:27 am


Hi,any news?
Not yet :( But I noticed that the ‘Apply for permanent residence’ option is back now after missing for several months during processing.Image
I sent you private msg,please check
I did not receive any message

Encryption Key
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:23 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Encryption Key » Fri, 25 Dec 2020 9:43 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 6:46 pm
Encryption Key wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:44 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:40 pm


You can try. 50-50 chance I would say.
Why would you say 50-50? Apart from Nationality, are there other pointers that I should be looking at to improve? Thanks. This is my first application btw.
Since you are in the high salary range, it may be easier for you to move to greener pastures. That may be another reason for reducing your chance. But, apply and see.

Understood - I see your point. It's a tough balance eh. I will go ahead and apply anyway.

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by the observer » Fri, 25 Dec 2020 10:36 am

Encryption Key wrote:
Fri, 25 Dec 2020 9:43 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 6:46 pm
Encryption Key wrote:
Wed, 23 Dec 2020 3:44 pm


Why would you say 50-50? Apart from Nationality, are there other pointers that I should be looking at to improve? Thanks. This is my first application btw.
Since you are in the high salary range, it may be easier for you to move to greener pastures. That may be another reason for reducing your chance. But, apply and see.

Understood - I see your point. It's a tough balance eh. I will go ahead and apply anyway.
I mean even if the odds are stacked agst you, it’s still good to apply anyway. It’s like a lottery.

But at least you’d get possible reasons for rejections, by checking out this forum.

octoberafternoon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 6:33 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by octoberafternoon » Fri, 25 Dec 2020 12:55 pm

Hi :D

Last night I found option to submit requested document in my PR Application. I've read some posts also that they found this option even ICA didn't send any emails to request additional document.

Is this kind of on-off system from ICA?

However, previously I forgot to attach my transcript and when I clarified with them, ICA told me that no need to provide anything until they ask me to do so.
And I found out also that 1 of my friends didn't provide his transcript and his application approved as well.

So... I guess just ignore this since ICA didn't send any emails to request additional document?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests