Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 11 May 2020 10:16 am

KarlDutia wrote:
Mon, 11 May 2020 12:35 am
Hi guys! Saw this thread off Google trying to understand my chances of getting PR. Could you give me some advice? I have EP for 6 years now and 2nd time applying. 16 months passed and application is pending.

Age: 33
Nationality: Fiji
Gender: Male
Family: Married (Have 4yr son and wife on DP)
Length of Stay: 6 yrs (In and out of SG)
Job: Self Employed in Sg Company
Salary: 72K
Not going to be easy

chowx052
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 11 May 2020 4:02 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by chowx052 » Mon, 11 May 2020 4:10 pm

Hi all,

I want to ask if the online system allows us to upload any recommendation letters now?

LuluLily
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon, 11 May 2020 6:11 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by LuluLily » Mon, 11 May 2020 6:15 pm

What are the chances?

Age : 36
Race : Filipino
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Christian
Education : Masters Degree from NTU
Current Field of Work : Advertising
Current Job : Associate Director
Length of stay in Singapore : 6.5 years
Salary: 105k pa
Pass : EP

Applied for PR once before, got rejected.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 11 May 2020 6:34 pm

LuluLily wrote:
Mon, 11 May 2020 6:15 pm
What are the chances?

Age : 36
Race : Filipino
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Christian
Education : Masters Degree from NTU
Current Field of Work : Advertising
Current Job : Associate Director
Length of stay in Singapore : 6.5 years
Salary: 105k pa
Pass : EP

Applied for PR once before, got rejected.
Not going to be easy.

LuluLily
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon, 11 May 2020 6:11 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by LuluLily » Mon, 11 May 2020 7:26 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 11 May 2020 6:34 pm
LuluLily wrote:
Mon, 11 May 2020 6:15 pm
What are the chances?

Age : 36
Race : Filipino
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Christian
Education : Masters Degree from NTU
Current Field of Work : Advertising
Current Job : Associate Director
Length of stay in Singapore : 6.5 years
Salary: 105k pa
Pass : EP

Applied for PR once before, got rejected.
Not going to be easy.
Got something to do with my race?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37777
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 May 2020 7:38 pm

Yep. You have to compete in the Other's category (2%'er) with everybody else in the world who are not Chinese, Malay, Indian or Eurasian. Ever since the Malay community raised holy hell about classifying folks from the 'peens as Malays, the ICA has removed them from that classification and thrown them in with "others". How long ago did you get rejected.

handballgoaly
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 08 May 2020 11:08 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by handballgoaly » Mon, 11 May 2020 7:39 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yep. You have to compete in the Other's category (2%'er) with everybody else in the world who are not Chinese, Malay, Indian or Eurasian. Ever since the Malay community raised holy hell about classifying folks from the 'peens as Malays, the ICA has removed them from that classification and thrown them in with "others". How long ago did you get rejected.
How many % of the pot are for Europeans?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuluLily
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon, 11 May 2020 6:11 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by LuluLily » Mon, 18 May 2020 9:35 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 11 May 2020 7:38 pm
Yep. You have to compete in the Other's category (2%'er) with everybody else in the world who are not Chinese, Malay, Indian or Eurasian. Ever since the Malay community raised holy hell about classifying folks from the 'peens as Malays, the ICA has removed them from that classification and thrown them in with "others". How long ago did you get rejected.
Gosh, it's been a while. I think back in 2014 or 2015.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37777
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 May 2020 12:03 pm

About the only thing you can do is buys your ticket and takes your chance. Seriously, I'd just apply again if it is, as you say, been 5 or 6 years since your last application. With your income it might be worth a gamble. But keep in the back of your mind that you will be like a salmon swimming upstream. (Some of them make it as well. Go for it and say a bunch of hail mary's. No, I'm not a catholic, but my wife is. ;-)

elvinxiong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 01 Jul 2016 1:11 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by elvinxiong » Tue, 19 May 2020 10:46 pm

Hi, Could you pls advise your opinion? Appreciate your insights.

Studied in SG before and graduated in 2015 from private uni. Came back Singapore work July 2019.

Previously applied PR under parent's sponsorship but rejected 3 times. Wondering my chance now to apply on my own.

Age : 25
Race : Indonesian Chinese
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Buddhist
Education : Bachelor Degree
Current Field of Work : IT field
Current Job : Sales Rep
Length of stay in Singapore : working: 11 months, studied: 3 yeaes
Salary: 72k pa
Pass : EP

Thank you.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 20 May 2020 12:15 am

elvinxiong wrote:
Tue, 19 May 2020 10:46 pm
Hi, Could you pls advise your opinion? Appreciate your insights.

Studied in SG before and graduated in 2015 from private uni. Came back Singapore work July 2019.

Previously applied PR under parent's sponsorship but rejected 3 times. Wondering my chance now to apply on my own.

Age : 25
Race : Indonesian Chinese
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Buddhist
Education : Bachelor Degree
Current Field of Work : IT field
Current Job : Sales Rep
Length of stay in Singapore : working: 11 months, studied: 3 yeaes
Salary: 72k pa
Pass : EP

Thank you.
2015 to Jul 2019 where were you? If you were not in Singapore, your chance is going to be very low. If you live/work out of SG and then come back, all your past stay/study duration in SG, will become nullified, if i am not wrong.

LuluLily
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon, 11 May 2020 6:11 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by LuluLily » Wed, 20 May 2020 10:52 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 18 May 2020 12:03 pm
About the only thing you can do is buys your ticket and takes your chance. Seriously, I'd just apply again if it is, as you say, been 5 or 6 years since your last application. With your income it might be worth a gamble. But keep in the back of your mind that you will be like a salmon swimming upstream. (Some of them make it as well. Go for it and say a bunch of hail mary's. No, I'm not a catholic, but my wife is. ;-)
Thanks, appreciate the encouragement. :)

HelloEveryoneHere
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 22 May 2020 1:40 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by HelloEveryoneHere » Fri, 22 May 2020 2:06 am

Hello Everyone!

My details as follows;
Age : 40+
Nationality : South Asian, non Chinese/tamil
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married
Religion : Islam
Education : Master of science and Medical radiation qualification
Current Field of Work : Hospital Industry
Profession : Medical Imaging Professional(Allied Health)
Length of stay singapore: 8 years
No of tax return : 6
Salary : Basic 60k+
Pass : S
2 kids, one son one daughter, son going to be 16yrs soon.
Spouse medical science graduate, currently off work.

Already applied PR for 5 times, all rejected including one appeal.

Planning to apply again. Just for seeking an opinion from you guys, the chances for this time (6th time PR application).

Thank you in advance.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 22 May 2020 9:57 am

HelloEveryoneHere wrote:
Fri, 22 May 2020 2:06 am
Hello Everyone!

My details as follows;
Age : 40+
Nationality : South Asian, non Chinese/tamil
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married
Religion : Islam
Education : Master of science and Medical radiation qualification
Current Field of Work : Hospital Industry
Profession : Medical Imaging Professional(Allied Health)
Length of stay singapore: 8 years
No of tax return : 6
Salary : Basic 60k+
Pass : S
2 kids, one son one daughter, son going to be 16yrs soon.
Spouse medical science graduate, currently off work.

Already applied PR for 5 times, all rejected including one appeal.

Planning to apply again. Just for seeking an opinion from you guys, the chances for this time (6th time PR application).

Thank you in advance.
Chance is going to be less. Salary is on the lower side along with the Pass type.

kozizi
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 1:10 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by kozizi » Fri, 22 May 2020 9:59 am

trmm14 wrote:
Mon, 06 Apr 2020 7:25 pm
Hi,

Would really appreciate some assessment of my shot here:

Age : 38
Race : Vietnamese
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married. I'm applying with my wife, who has been with me in Singapore since I first moved here on a DP and my newborn child who's also on a DP.
Education : Master & bachelor both from top US colleges
Current Field of Work : Finance
Experience: 10+ years
Length of stay : 4 year
Salary : Basic 400k+ ; 800k+ w/ bonus
Pass : EP
trmm14, out of curiosity, what is your role exactly in the field of finance ?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests