Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
whitesneakers
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 10:46 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by whitesneakers » Tue, 15 Dec 2020 6:00 pm

Hello! Im an spass holder here for 8yrs now. But now moving jobs. It seems i have a positive job offer. But is it easy to get a pass approval during this season for new jobs? Thanks for the advice!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3119
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 15 Dec 2020 6:33 pm

whitesneakers wrote:
Tue, 15 Dec 2020 6:00 pm
Hello! Im an spass holder here for 8yrs now. But now moving jobs. It seems i have a positive job offer. But is it easy to get a pass approval during this season for new jobs? Thanks for the advice!
Depends on your company, job description, salary, quota etc

ilovefhf
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 9:36 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by ilovefhf » Wed, 16 Dec 2020 9:42 am

how does one submit a cover letter with the REP renewal application? singpass doesn't let you attach anything

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37640
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Dec 2020 6:13 pm

A cover letter is not required. That is why you cannot attach anything. They already have access to IRAS, MOM & ICA so they know if you are working here, how long & if you have been paying taxes on those earnings.

CaucasianCouple
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 3:12 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by CaucasianCouple » Fri, 18 Dec 2020 4:41 pm

Hi, we are considering to apply to PR with my wife during Spring (after my second and her first tax assessment).
Appreciate it if anyone can give us some tips and also rate our chance for pr approval. Our profiles;

Me:
Age: 34M
Race/ Nationality : Caucasian
Highest Education: Ph.D. in Material Science and Engineering in EU
Job: Research Fellow (School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering - NTU)
Length of stay in SG: 2 years
Length of employment with my current employer: 2 years
Salary: Basic S$60K per annum + annual variable bonus
Pass: SP

My Spouse:
Age: 31F
Race/ Nationality : Caucasian
Highest Education: Ph.D. in Bioengineering in EU
Job: Research Fellow (School of Medicine- NUS)
Length of stay in SG: 1 year
Length of employment with my current employer: 1 year
Salary: Basic S$60K per annum + annual variable bonus
Pass: EP

Do we need to assign her as the main applicant considering she has an EP? Thank you.

karthikraj001
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 1:47 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by karthikraj001 » Fri, 18 Dec 2020 4:45 pm

Hi,
I had applied PR with my family on Dec 5th 2020 and like to know the chance of approval. Please help to provide your valuable inputs based on your experience in this forum.

Age: 34
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Education: Engineering Graduate from India
Graduate in - Electronics and communication Engineering
Length of stay in Singapore: 10 years
Income Tax Assessment : 6 Submitted
Total Job Experience: 11 Years
Salary:72k
Pass: S pass

applying with
My wife staying in sg from 2013 till now
- my wife on DP -currently Not working
Wife also Engineering Graduate from India (Civil Engineer), previously worked as a Engineer for 1 year (S pass) in Singapore after pregnant, she quit her job
- son - 6-year-old (Studying in Singapore- PCF K2)

This is my second time.(First time on 2015, got rejected after 6 months)
Your inputs on my post is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your help.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3119
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 18 Dec 2020 4:47 pm

CaucasianCouple wrote:
Fri, 18 Dec 2020 4:41 pm
Hi, we are considering to apply to PR with my wife during Spring (after my second and her first tax assessment).
Appreciate it if anyone can give us some tips and also rate our chance for pr approval. Our profiles;

Me:
Age: 34M
Race/ Nationality : Caucasian
Highest Education: Ph.D. in Material Science and Engineering in EU
Job: Research Fellow (School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering - NTU)
Length of stay in SG: 2 years
Length of employment with my current employer: 2 years
Salary: Basic S$60K per annum + annual variable bonus
Pass: SP

My Spouse:
Age: 31F
Race/ Nationality : Caucasian
Highest Education: Ph.D. in Bioengineering in EU
Job: Research Fellow (School of Medicine- NUS)
Length of stay in SG: 1 year
Length of employment with my current employer: 1 year
Salary: Basic S$60K per annum + annual variable bonus
Pass: EP

Do we need to assign her as the main applicant considering she has an EP? Thank you.
Not going to be easy.

Reason: Short stay in SG, Salary on the lower side for a PHD, Ethnicity.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3119
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 18 Dec 2020 4:49 pm

karthikraj001 wrote:
Fri, 18 Dec 2020 4:45 pm
Hi,
I had applied PR with my family on Dec 5th 2020 and like to know the chance of approval. Please help to provide your valuable inputs based on your experience in this forum.

Age: 34
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Education: Engineering Graduate from India
Graduate in - Electronics and communication Engineering
Length of stay in Singapore: 10 years
Income Tax Assessment : 6 Submitted
Total Job Experience: 11 Years
Salary:72k
Pass: S pass

applying with
My wife staying in sg from 2013 till now
- my wife on DP -currently Not working
Wife also Engineering Graduate from India (Civil Engineer), previously worked as a Engineer for 1 year (S pass) in Singapore after pregnant, she quit her job
- son - 6-year-old (Studying in Singapore- PCF K2)

This is my second time.(First time on 2015, got rejected after 6 months)
Your inputs on my post is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your help.
Chance is going to be very low.

Reason
Ethnicity
Salary on the lower side
Work Pass Type
length of stay : 10 years in sg, but Tax returns is only 6? and no info if you studied in sg during the remaining 3-4 years? Even in that case, it is going to be very tough

karthikraj001
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 1:47 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by karthikraj001 » Fri, 18 Dec 2020 4:54 pm

Oh sorry typo error

Income Tax Assessment : 10 years Submitted

karthikraj001
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 1:47 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by karthikraj001 » Fri, 18 Dec 2020 5:04 pm

Also during Circuit Breaker time, I have worked as a essential service.
Becoz, My company works for all the NPC'S system service, so if they got any issues they will fault call to us to take immediate action. Am one of them in that team.

Also during election poll, I have worked as a essential service person

Is that may helpful for my applications?

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 727
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:23 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by therat » Fri, 18 Dec 2020 5:39 pm

karthikraj001 wrote:
Fri, 18 Dec 2020 5:04 pm
Also during Circuit Breaker time, I have worked as a essential service.
Becoz, My company works for all the NPC'S system service, so if they got any issues they will fault call to us to take immediate action. Am one of them in that team.

Also during election poll, I have worked as a essential service person

Is that may helpful for my applications?
no. [-X

That is the problem.
They always count every single thing and expect there will add point to their PR application.
Once get the PR. MIA :roll:

May be you can let your company know. If any task the company request you to do and it does not add point to your PR application. Dont ask me

karthikraj001
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 1:47 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by karthikraj001 » Sat, 19 Dec 2020 11:09 am

Ok thanks. then I will not take the essential service in my profile

other than Ethnicity, Salary have any other negative things in my profile (as per your view)
like
My son schooling in Sg,
Income Tax Assessment : 10 years Submitted
Submitted PR with the family
Me & my wife Graduated
Also submitted some certificates like CCNA, First Aider course and some of the main safety related course - all the courses done in SG

Thank you

Bravebv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 2:24 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Bravebv » Sun, 20 Dec 2020 2:35 am

Hi friends, seeking your opinion on my PR chances.

Age :42
Nationality : Indian
Education : MBA from NUS & MCA from India
Length of stay in SG : 8 years
Salary : 150K+
Earlier applications : 3 times but rejected last at 2018.
Industry: Permanent in MNC bank for IT function. ( Trading technology)
Spouse : Home maker Having masters degree
Child : one daughter 7 years. Born in Singapore studying in International School.

Please suggest my chance. Thank you

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3119
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 20 Dec 2020 9:22 am

Bravebv wrote:
Sun, 20 Dec 2020 2:35 am
Hi friends, seeking your opinion on my PR chances.

Age :42
Nationality : Indian
Education : MBA from NUS & MCA from India
Length of stay in SG : 8 years
Salary : 150K+
Earlier applications : 3 times but rejected last at 2018.
Industry: Permanent in MNC bank for IT function. ( Trading technology)
Spouse : Home maker Having masters degree
Child : one daughter 7 years. Born in Singapore studying in International School.

Please suggest my chance. Thank you
Low chance

sanmao
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 9:35 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sanmao » Sun, 20 Dec 2020 8:36 pm

Please evaluate my chances -

Age : 29
Nationality : Indian
Education : Bachelor's degree from India
Length of stay in SG : 2.5 years
Salary : 200K (Including Bonus)
Earlier applications : None
Industry: IT
Spouse : 40K

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SGS2020 and 9 guests