Singapore Expats

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:31 am

qwerty1989 wrote:
Wed, 11 Aug 2021 12:53 am
Hi,
I found this forum just as I want to try my chance to apply for PR this year.
would like to hear if anything I can do to make my case stronger as I know due to my ethnicity we have 3% chance.

Country of origin: PH
Ethnicity: Filipino
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Work: IT Application Support for local bank
Work exp: 8yrs of same nature here in SG
Pay: base 90K
Total time in Singapore: 7 years
Pass: EP
Slightly lower chance in my view. I wish to be wrong.

Pogzter

Post by Pogzter » Sat, 21 Aug 2021 10:58 am

Unfortunately after 18months of waiting i got rejected. I did got contacted for my proof of chinese descent after 16months and now just it got rejected
Pogzter wrote:
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 11:56 pm
Hi All,

Waiting for ICA regarding my pr application which was submitted Feb2020. I realized I never got any email from ICA ever. I would like to ask how will they actually contact you once approved or rejected? My ICA profile does have the correct phone and email. Also on myica the status is just pending.

This is also our second application which was rejected through mail around 4yrs ago.

My Details are:
Race: Filipino Chinese
Length of Stay: 10+ years
Salary: 160k annual

Wife
Length of Stay: 5+ years
Salary: 84k annual

Child
Born in PH

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:50 am

Pogzter wrote:
Sat, 21 Aug 2021 10:58 am
Unfortunately after 18months of waiting i got rejected. I did got contacted for my proof of chinese descent after 16months and now just it got rejected
Pogzter wrote:
Mon, 26 Apr 2021 11:56 pm
Hi All,

Waiting for ICA regarding my pr application which was submitted Feb2020. I realized I never got any email from ICA ever. I would like to ask how will they actually contact you once approved or rejected? My ICA profile does have the correct phone and email. Also on myica the status is just pending.

This is also our second application which was rejected through mail around 4yrs ago.

My Details are:
Length of Stay: 10+ years
Salary: 160k annual

Wife
Length of Stay: 5+ years
Salary: 84k annual

Child
Born in PH
That is tough. Sorry to hear. I have a few Chinoy friends here and they were able to get PR easily during the 2000’s. One married a Chinese Singaporean and got SGC as well.

Things have changed substantially since then. Definitely not as easy today and the crisis has made it even more challenging. I suspect one reason - there could be a lot of Malaysian Chinese in the system at the moment. You probably know there is an overwhelming preference for Malaysian Chinese in particular, as they have been proven to assimilate more quickly and can pass for locals in just a few short years due to the close cultural affinity.

I suspect the authorities also consider that Filipino Chinese and Thai Chinese tend to be more assimilated into their respective country’s local culture, as compared to other ASEAN Chinese, so being Chinese race might help statistically, but not as much culturally.

Fortunately your child is still young and you might be able to give it one more shot before he needs to enter primary school. Any reason why you decided to give birth in the PH? Obviously it’s a lot cheaper, but having a child born in Singapore might have helped (the experts can correct me on this).

If you are really dedicated to staying in Singapore, you will get it eventually - hang in there!
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Pogzter

Post by Pogzter » Sat, 21 Aug 2021 5:01 pm

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:50 am
That is tough. Sorry to hear. I have a few Chinoy friends here and they were able to get PR easily during the 2000’s. One married a Chinese Singaporean and got SGC as well.

Things have changed substantially since then. Definitely not as easy today and the crisis has made it even more challenging. I suspect one reason - there could be a lot of Malaysian Chinese in the system at the moment. You probably know there is an overwhelming preference for Malaysian Chinese in particular, as they have been proven to assimilate more quickly and can pass for locals in just a few short years due to the close cultural affinity.

I suspect the authorities also consider that Filipino Chinese and Thai Chinese tend to be more assimilated into their respective country’s local culture, as compared to other ASEAN Chinese, so being Chinese race might help statistically, but not as much culturally.

Fortunately your child is still young and you might be able to give it one more shot before he needs to enter primary school. Any reason why you decided to give birth in the PH? Obviously it’s a lot cheaper, but having a child born in Singapore might have helped (the experts can correct me on this).

If you are really dedicated to staying in Singapore, you will get it eventually - hang in there!
In PH we have someone to help with the pregnancy especially since my wife's pregnancy was sensitive. I was probably rejected due to my application being not that aggressive as this was only my second time to apply and my chinese descent is just not that strong as i am a quarter chinese and proof i have sent was not that concrete as only my grandfather is pure chinese and we no longer have any of his credentials as he passed away even before i was born. I will apply again early next year and might actually get an agency for this.

Thanks for the support from this group!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 21 Aug 2021 7:23 pm

Agency is of absolutely no help. In fact, they might even refuse your business (rejections reduce their success percentage which it bad for business. They reserve the right to reject you as a client. Some may still try to take your money, but seriously, they have absolutely zero connections in ICA and cannot put anything down on the limited field sizes on the online application that you, personally, do not give them. Save you money. If you are only 1/4 chinese, then you are going to have a hard way to go. As I don't think that will be sufficient density for their purposes.

You also should wait 24 months minimum from the date of your rejection before reapplying although the site doesn't give any specifics in that regard, but 17 years on this site anecdotally suggest that is the minimum wait between applications. Also, having the family here and send the spouse back home to give birth does send the wrong signals. How bad this is I personally believe depends on the country. It really hurts if you are an Indian national but if Malaysian, it has virtually zero effect. Indonesia & the 'Peens are pretty iffy and is best stay where the best medical facilities are (that would mean Singapore).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Sat, 21 Aug 2021 7:54 pm

Sage advice from SMS ^^

Given your wife’s age, if you plan to have another child, you should try asap - - obviously, not for the purpose of helping your application, only because you really want another one! And, if you do, consider giving birth in SG this time. At the same time, do whatever you can over the next 24 months to upgrade your skills and actively seek promotion opportunities.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

Pogzter

Post by Pogzter » Sat, 21 Aug 2021 10:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 21 Aug 2021 7:23 pm
Agency is of absolutely no help. In fact, they might even refuse your business (rejections reduce their success percentage which it bad for business. They reserve the right to reject you as a client. Some may still try to take your money, but seriously, they have absolutely zero connections in ICA and cannot put anything down on the limited field sizes on the online application that you, personally, do not give them. Save you money. If you are only 1/4 chinese, then you are going to have a hard way to go. As I don't think that will be sufficient density for their purposes.

You also should wait 24 months minimum from the date of your rejection before reapplying although the site doesn't give any specifics in that regard, but 17 years on this site anecdotally suggest that is the minimum wait between applications. Also, having the family here and send the spouse back home to give birth does send the wrong signals. How bad this is I personally believe depends on the country. It really hurts if you are an Indian national but if Malaysian, it has virtually zero effect. Indonesia & the 'Peens are pretty iffy and is best stay where the best medical facilities are (that would mean Singapore).
yeah i only found out on this forum that child birth place actually matters in pr application. Another 2 yrs would make me 40 and that would also affect my chances.

Pogzter

Post by Pogzter » Sat, 21 Aug 2021 10:26 pm

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 21 Aug 2021 7:54 pm
Sage advice from SMS ^^

Given your wife’s age, if you plan to have another child, you should try asap - - obviously, not for the purpose of helping your application, only because you really want another one! And, if you do, consider giving birth in SG this time. At the same time, do whatever you can over the next 24 months to upgrade your skills and actively seek promotion opportunities.
Yeah and even if it doesnt have any impact on pr application the second one will really be needed to be born in SG as the first one is already here and better we all stay together rather than both of them getting separated with me

malcontent
Manager
Manager

Post by malcontent » Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:01 pm

Exactly, whether it’s right or wrong - they tend to count this type of activity as sinking roots here.

Think of it this way — what would a local do… and ask yourself, are you doing the same?

The more you can say ‘yes’ to this, the more assimilated you will appear to be.

jesgc

Post by jesgc » Wed, 25 Aug 2021 2:58 pm

Hello All,

First time posting here.
Planning to apply for PR again after rejection 3 years ago.
Looking forward to hear some thoughts and advice if possible to make our profile better.

1st Application June 2018: Rejected -- did not re appeal
Our Details are:
Main Applicant (me)
Race: Filipino
Length of Stay: 2.5 years
Salary: 78K annual

Wife
Length of Stay: 2 years
Salary: 42k annual
Pass: SP

Child
Born in PH
Pass: DP

Planning to apply this year: 2021
Main Applicant (my wife)
Wife
Length of Stay: 5 years
Salary: 56k annual

Length of Stay: 5.5 years
Salary: 90K annual

Child1
Born in PH

Child2
Born in SG

Child3
Born in SG

Thank you so much in advance. :)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 25 Aug 2021 3:25 pm

jesgc wrote:
Wed, 25 Aug 2021 2:58 pm
Hello All,

First time posting here.
Looking forward to hear some thoughts and advice if possible to make our profile better.

Our Details are:
Main Applicant (me)

Wife

Child
Born in PH

Main Applicant (my wife)
Wife

Child1
Born in PH

Child2
Born in SG

Child3
Born in SG

Chance is going to be low because of ethnic quota, salary being on the lower side. Let's see if 3 male kids in the application helps. But, in my personal view, low chance.

jesgc

Post by jesgc » Wed, 25 Aug 2021 3:59 pm

Thank you so much singaporeflyer for your quick response. I have read all of you're feedback and I feel you really have the personal experience.. thanks again :)

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Wed, 25 Aug 2021 5:50 pm

jesgc wrote:
Hello All,

First time posting here.

Our Details are:
Main Applicant (me)

Wife

Child
Born in PH

Main Applicant (my wife)
Wife

Child1
Born in PH

Child2
Born in SG

Child3
Born in SG

Rejection PR 3 yrs ago which is 2018
Length of stay 2.5 yrs

????

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 25 Aug 2021 5:58 pm

therat wrote:
Wed, 25 Aug 2021 5:50 pm
jesgc wrote:
Hello All,

First time posting here.

Our Details are:
Main Applicant (me)

Wife

Child
Born in PH

Main Applicant (my wife)
Wife

Child1
Born in PH

Child2
Born in SG

Child3
Born in SG

Rejection PR 3 yrs ago which is 2018
Length of stay 2.5 yrs

????

Length of stay during that application.

jesgc

Post by jesgc » Thu, 26 Aug 2021 10:27 am

@singaporeflyer --> yes you got it right.. this year we are planning to apply again and my wife will be the main applicant.