Singapore Expats

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 06 Apr 2021 9:37 am

Jujulyn wrote:
Tue, 06 Apr 2021 3:07 am
Hi, I was rejected PR in November 2020 after a year of waiting. I suspect that it is due to the face that the industry that i was in (aviation tourism) was hit badly by COVID-19, my pass renewal was downgraded from EP to WP, and I was later on retrenched. However I was offered an EP job in the FnB sector and have been getting 3 months of payslip already. Is it advisable to apply a new greasy PR application after getting 6 months of payslip in my current company, or do an appeal before the 6 months rejection period?

Profile:
Malaysian
25 y/o
Degree in banking and finance
Annual salary 33k
Thank you.
Better to wait for one more year of steady employment and then reapply. also 33K looks slightly on the lower side.

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Tue, 06 Apr 2021 10:28 am

annual 33K can get EP?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Apr 2021 10:46 am

Yeah, if you area a Malaysian with a local SG degree (not sure about M'sian degree though). You will NOT find this on the MOM site but it does, in fact, exist. It was 2.4k/mo before I retired 2 years ago, but I think it's been raised to 2.6K now.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

redvolution

Post by redvolution » Wed, 07 Apr 2021 12:27 am

I'm Singaporean, self-employed.
My hubby is a Filipino Chinese, 33 years old.
His salary $3.3k, Uni grad, staying in SG for going 10 years.
We are married for going 5 years, son is Singaporean and going 4 years old soon.

My hubby first applied for PR in 2017, he got rejected after 3 months. I applied for him again in 2018, we waited for 1 year and many told us that we got high chance but sadly, he got rejected again. After that I applied LTVP+ for him and got it easily. I tried applying for him again last year Apr and till now it's still pending. We went to look for MP 2 times and still no news. I don't understand why is it so hard to get.

My hubby has a family biz back his hometown, he can go home and live comfortably but decided to slog with me here. We want to make Singapore our home but unfortunately ICA seems to prefer to give Malaysia (no offense but its a fact) PR. My Malaysian friends, all of 4 of them got it within a year.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 07 Apr 2021 9:41 am

redvolution wrote:
Wed, 07 Apr 2021 12:27 am
I'm Singaporean, self-employed.
My hubby is a Filipino Chinese, 33 years old.
His salary $3.3k, Uni grad, staying in SG for going 10 years.
We are married for going 5 years, son is Singaporean and going 4 years old soon.

My hubby first applied for PR in 2017, he got rejected after 3 months. I applied for him again in 2018, we waited for 1 year and many told us that we got high chance but sadly, he got rejected again. After that I applied LTVP+ for him and got it easily. I tried applying for him again last year Apr and till now it's still pending. We went to look for MP 2 times and still no news. I don't understand why is it so hard to get.

My hubby has a family biz back his hometown, he can go home and live comfortably but decided to slog with me here. We want to make Singapore our home but unfortunately ICA seems to prefer to give Malaysia (no offense but its a fact) PR. My Malaysian friends, all of 4 of them got it within a year.
Since you are sponsoring the application, ICA will be looking into the sponsor salary also. Is it in the Ok range too?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 Apr 2021 2:31 pm

If he is applying under the Family Ties scheme (you being his sponsor), his income is of no consequence. It's your income that must be able to show sufficient weight to support the both of you without his income. As of this period in time, that figure is somewhere in the range of 4.5~4.8K/mo. If your salary is below that, it is unlikely that it will be approved. LTVP is not a problem as it's renewable annually but PR is permanent and if you cannot support him, he could become a ward of the state in theory. You need to look at whether or not you can support a family on your salary along for the long term.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

redvolution

Post by redvolution » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 1:46 pm

Thanks for the information! I didn't know if under sponsor they are looking in the range of 4.5~4.8K/mo!:shock: My salary when I submitted is in the range of $3200-3800. :( If this time the PR approval failed again (since chances might be low), is it better to let him apply on his own? His company just promoted him so his salary will be higher.
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 07 Apr 2021 2:31 pm
If he is applying under the Family Ties scheme (you being his sponsor), his income is of no consequence. It's your income that must be able to show sufficient weight to support the both of you without his income. As of this period in time, that figure is somewhere in the range of 4.5~4.8K/mo. If your salary is below that, it is unlikely that it will be approved. LTVP is not a problem as it's renewable annually but PR is permanent and if you cannot support him, he could become a ward of the state in theory. You need to look at whether or not you can support a family on your salary along for the long term.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 2:55 pm

It's a fair possibility, especially if you are still working as well. But it would be a good idea to wait at least another year before reapplying.

truthhurts1
Chatter
Chatter

Post by truthhurts1 » Sat, 10 Apr 2021 9:42 am

LKPHY wrote:
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 10:50 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 10:40 am
LKPHY wrote:
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 10:33 am
Hi truthhurts1,

My one was also disappeared on 26/3/2021 which applied in 14/3/2020. Seems like the 'upload docs option' has disappeared for atleast 3 person on 26/3/2021 in here. Thanks anyway.

Hi LKPHY
Yours is prolly Approved as it’s almost a year that you have applied and your case is most likely stronger than others here at this time.
Good luck and hope you get the good news :)
Thanks for the positive thought. Good Luck to you on your next application and keep trying if you got the heart to become a new citizen here 1 day..

Hi LKPHY

Did you receive any update on your result?
Mine is still showing pending now.
Waiting for the Rejection so I can move on 😂

LKPHY

Post by LKPHY » Sun, 11 Apr 2021 8:59 am

truthhurts1 wrote:
Sat, 10 Apr 2021 9:42 am
LKPHY wrote:
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 10:50 am
truthhurts1 wrote:
Mon, 05 Apr 2021 10:40 am

Hi LKPHY
Yours is prolly Approved as it’s almost a year that you have applied and your case is most likely stronger than others here at this time.
Good luck and hope you get the good news :)
Thanks for the positive thought. Good Luck to you on your next application and keep trying if you got the heart to become a new citizen here 1 day..

Hi LKPHY

Did you receive any update on your result?
Mine is still showing pending now.
Waiting for the Rejection so I can move on 😂
Hi truthhurts1,

I have just check this morning earlier today when i awake, it has been approved!

Although it just updated to approved today (I checked yesterday it was still 'pending'), the approved date was 8/4/21, means exactly 13 days from the 'upload docs option disappeared on 26/3/21.

How about yours? should be the same as mine
Good Luck to you!

the observer
Reporter
Reporter

Post by the observer » Sun, 11 Apr 2021 9:13 am

LKPHY wrote:
Mon, 08 Feb 2021 4:21 pm
Hi expert,

I am citizen sponsoring my spouse for PR application which is still pending.
Devils in the details. Apples vs Oranges

LKPHY

Post by LKPHY » Sun, 11 Apr 2021 9:26 am

Hi All,
Application has been approved! Just wanna share my application details with anyone that wanted to know.
Self applied in 14 March 2020, PR (Spouse Sponsored) approved 8 April 2021 (1 Year)

Me (Sponsor)
Nationality: SG citizen (1st Gen since 5 year ago, ex-Malaysian)
Race: Chinese
Edu: Bachelor Degree
Industry: Construction (Senior Exec)
Annual Income: $80K excl bonus
No kid
Owned HDB

During my application for PR and then Citizenship previously were both approved with 1st time application (approval less than 7 mths and 10 mths respectively during my time)

Wife (Applicant)
Nationality: Malaysian
Race: Chinese
Edu: SPM (O-level std), Diploma Malaysia (not recognised)
Pass: Work Permit (Since 2017 - 2.5 years upon application)
Industry: Customer Service in Service
Annual Income: $24K excl bonus
Tax assess: 1st year due to previous low wage level
ROM: Feb 2020, Applied Mar 2020 (less than 1 mth upon application)
Malay Language Birth Cert and IC: No translation submitted
Supporting Doc: No Contribution, No testimonial, No volunteering etc - nothing
1st time application

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Apr 2021 12:45 pm

Both M'sian Chinese - shoe-ins. Cannot be compared with other nationalities due to special dispensations from the gahment here for demographic reasons. But congratulations are still in order! :)

devansohni

Post by devansohni » Sun, 11 Apr 2021 7:22 pm

Hi,

I just wanted to check my chances of getting a PR, any suggestion would be appreciated, below is a bit about myself and my profile:

Myself:
Race: Indian
Nationality: Indian
Marital Status: Married (13+ years)
Kids: 2
Education: Bachelors from India
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: about 2 Years
Income tax Assessment: 1 times
Job: Have my own company related to IT.
Annual Salary: 120k
Total Work Experience: 15 years (5 years as a Director in USA)
Current Pass: Entrepass

My wife Details:
Education: MBA from India
Length of stay in Singapore: 2 Years
Current Pass: Long term pass
Total Work Experience: 2 Years

My Parents are Singapore Citizens of Singapore.

Let me know your thoughts on my profile. Thank you!

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Sun, 11 Apr 2021 7:53 pm

devansohni wrote:
Sun, 11 Apr 2021 7:22 pm
Hi,

I just wanted to check my chances of getting a PR, any suggestion would be appreciated, below is a bit about myself and my profile:

Myself:
Marital Status: Married (13+ years)
Kids: 2
Education: Bachelors from India
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: about 2 Years
Income tax Assessment: 1 times
Job: Have my own company related to IT.
Annual Salary: 120k
Total Work Experience: 15 years (5 years as a Director in USA)
Current Pass: Entrepass

My wife Details:
Education: MBA from India
Length of stay in Singapore: 2 Years
Current Pass: Long term pass
Total Work Experience: 2 Years

My Parents are Singapore Citizens of Singapore.

Let me know your thoughts on my profile. Thank you!
Your parents nationalize citizen?