Singapore Expats

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
serendipity_2020

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by serendipity_2020 » Mon, 04 Jul 2022 5:43 am

serendipity_2020 wrote:
Sat, 18 Jul 2020 10:03 am
Hi all,

Been reading for a while and will appreciate if anyone can help to assess my chance for PR:

Nationality: Chinese Indonesian
Education : Diploma from SG local private institute (graduated 2011), currently taking part time undergraduate (completing in Jan 2021) in SG private institution
Job title/industry : manager in hospitality industry
Annual salary: $36K
Studied diploma here from 2009-2011, and been working in SG since 2012 (hospitality industry)
Applied twice before ,2015 and 2019.

Thanks in advance!
Apologies if I made some mistake in posting in forum :-)
Hi all, I just checked online portal and my PR is approved, that is after 12months+ waiting. Thank you everyone for all the insights :-) reading posts from this forum make the wait bearable and be hopeful for a chance, even if it's small.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Jul 2022 1:06 am

Congrats. As they say, patience is a virtue. Now you know how long your piece of string was. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

John1541

Post by John1541 » Mon, 14 Nov 2022 10:29 pm

The ask is completely to bring down my curiosity about my application outcome, which has been pending for the last 18 months (Applied in May 2021). There were a couple of queries from ICA once about my latest salary statements in Jan 2022 and In May 2022 about my family details (employment details submitted).

Does anyone's application been rejected after pending for 18 months with ICA queries?

I know the two profiles are not identical in the ICA view, and outcomes will vary. However, out of curiosity asking this.

Profile Details:

Myself 37 years old and from India, staying and working in Singapore for 10+ years and working for Global Bank with a 170k+ Annual salary with a Bonus. and my wife is 30 Years old, staying in Singapore for 10+ years, and she is not working. We were married for 10 years.

We have 3 years old baby boy who was born in India and currently going to play school in SG.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 14 Nov 2022 10:42 pm

John1541 wrote:
Mon, 14 Nov 2022 10:29 pm
The ask is completely to bring down my curiosity about my application outcome, which has been pending for the last 18 months (Applied in May 2021). There were a couple of queries from ICA once about my latest salary statements in Jan 2022 and In May 2022 about my family details (employment details submitted).

Does anyone's application been rejected after pending for 18 months with ICA queries?

I know the two profiles are not identical in the ICA view, and outcomes will vary. However, out of curiosity asking this.

Profile Details:

Myself 37 years old and from India, staying and working in Singapore for 10+ years and working for Global Bank with a 170k+ Annual salary with a Bonus. and my wife is 30 Years old, staying in Singapore for 10+ years, and she is not working. We were married for 10 years.

We have 3 years old baby boy who was born in India and currently going to play school in SG.
We have seen rejections after 24 months too where some additional questions were asked. I would say your chance is 50-50.

John1541

Post by John1541 » Tue, 15 Nov 2022 2:10 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 14 Nov 2022 10:42 pm
John1541 wrote:

Profile Details:

We have seen rejections after 24 months too where some additional questions were asked. I would say your chance is 50-50.
Thank you for response.

mozarella99

Post by mozarella99 » Mon, 16 Jan 2023 2:03 pm

mozarella99 wrote:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 3:23 pm
After being a silent lurker for ages. Here are my details. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on what our chances are.

Occupation: Manager - Government Affairs and Communications for an MNC
Education: Masters Degree from NUS
Race: Indian
Been in Singapore since 2014
Annual salary: 120k + Bonuses
Family: Married 2 years ago (Wife on a DP and we have a son who was born here last year)

Applied once before in 2016 - rejected but the letter mentioned I could apply again in couple of years and that I could continue working on a valid pass.

Waited, changed jobs, got married, had a kid and applied last week together as a family. The timing isn't ideal with the COVID19 outbreak and this being an election year - but we decided to soldier on and put in an application.
Our approval finally came through. And for what it's worth - I felt the need to let everyone else (in the same predicament as myself) know that there is some hope and presumably some method to this madness.

I should mention that there was a rejection (after 2 years of waiting and posting this). I then reapplied in July of 2022 and it was approved in December of 22 after a shorter 5 month wait.

reddotaspirant

Post by reddotaspirant » Mon, 16 Jan 2023 5:30 pm

mozarella99 wrote:
Mon, 16 Jan 2023 2:03 pm
mozarella99 wrote:
After being a silent lurker for ages. Here are my details. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on what our chances are.

Family: Married 2 years ago (Wife on a DP and we have a son who was born here last year)

Applied once before in 2016 - rejected but the letter mentioned I could apply again in couple of years and that I could continue working on a valid pass.

Waited, changed jobs, got married, had a kid and applied last week together as a family. The timing isn't ideal with the COVID19 outbreak and this being an election year - but we decided to soldier on and put in an application.
Our approval finally came through. And for what it's worth - I felt the need to let everyone else (in the same predicament as myself) know that there is some hope and presumably some method to this madness.

I should mention that there was a rejection (after 2 years of waiting and posting this). I then reapplied in July of 2022 and it was approved in December of 22 after a shorter 5 month wait.
Congratulations! Hope is the last thing to lose.

BTW if your previous application was rejected after 2 years - that means somewhere around June 2022, did you apply again after waiting for just 1 month in July 2022? Quite weird you got approval this time if that's the case. Anything changed in that 1 month? Anyways, congratulations once again.

mozarella99

Post by mozarella99 » Mon, 16 Jan 2023 9:41 pm

It was about 2 years. A year and ten months or so to be specific. After that I got promoted at work and my wife also started working. So we did have a boost in our collective income.

John1541

Post by John1541 » Fri, 24 Feb 2023 6:56 pm

Coming back to update that my PR application has been approved after 21 months.

Application date is on 27th May 2021
Approved date is 6th Feb 2023.
I received letter on 8th Feb
Status changed in ICA portal from Pending to Approved on 9th Feb
PR formalities completed on 24th Feb
John1541 wrote:

Profile Details:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Feb 2023 8:25 pm

Congratulations. And, yes we have seen 24 to 27 months duration before determination and probably the success/rejection rate is close to 50:50. Duration of the wait has never been a clue to the ultimate outcome of the application. In your case you managed to get a positive outcome. Patience is key. Keeps the BP lower. Again, congrats.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 25 Feb 2023 12:46 am

mozarella99 wrote:
Mon, 16 Jan 2023 2:03 pm
mozarella99 wrote:

Congrats!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 25 Feb 2023 12:47 am

mozarella99 wrote:
Mon, 16 Jan 2023 9:41 pm
It was about 2 years. A year and ten months or so to be specific. After that I got promoted at work and my wife also started working. So we did have a boost in our collective income.
Definitely makes sense. Congrats anyhow!

srk03

Post by srk03 » Tue, 11 Apr 2023 11:04 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 11:52 am
srk03 wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 11:38 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 31 Jul 2020 8:06 pm

Try after 2 years. Applying before that is not going to help.
Hello SF, Few changes to our profile, Completing 6 years of stay in SG. I have joined NUS EMBA and my wife is in a new Job (on EP now, got it last month) in the banking sector as process manager, Her base salary increased to 132k, while mine is increased by 10% and will be making ~190K as the base and 250K all-inclusive.

I am thinking to apply later this year once the political situation stabilizes. Appreciate any valuable input from your side.

Regards,
Apply after you finish the EMBA.
Hello,

Thinking to apply now.
Few changes since the last application.
1. I got a promotion and salary increase of 10%
2. Completed my EMBA from NUS with a distinction
3. Lenght of stay for the primary applicant is close to 8 years now.

The rest of the profiles (for both) remain the same.

Please suggest

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 11 Apr 2023 1:04 pm

srk03 wrote:
Tue, 11 Apr 2023 11:04 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 11:52 am
srk03 wrote:
Thu, 27 May 2021 11:38 am

Hello SF, Few changes to our profile, Completing 6 years of stay in SG. I have joined NUS EMBA and my wife is in a new Job (on EP now, got it last month) in the banking sector as process manager, Her base salary increased to 132k, while mine is increased by 10% and will be making ~190K as the base and 250K all-inclusive.

I am thinking to apply later this year once the political situation stabilizes. Appreciate any valuable input from your side.

Regards,
Apply after you finish the EMBA.
Hello,

Thinking to apply now.
Few changes since the last application.
1. I got a promotion and salary increase of 10%
2. Completed my EMBA from NUS with a distinction
3. Lenght of stay for the primary applicant is close to 8 years now.

The rest of the profiles (for both) remain the same.

Please suggest
go ahead and apply.

hopeislife
Chatter
Chatter

Post by hopeislife » Mon, 06 Nov 2023 2:59 pm

anujhbaggha wrote:
Sun, 06 Jun 2021 1:00 pm
After a wait of 9 months, and ICA asking for more docs, and button disappearing, my application was finally REJECTED at 3 AM today :(

Sad news but at least the anxiety is gone.

Also. key learning- if 10 profiles similar to yours get approved, doest means the 11th/yours will be approved too. A black box indeed.
Replying to an old thread. Well, in your case, it is not a black box, i suppose. The reason for rejection is clearly due to your own actions, in my opinion which i have highlighted from your own words.
anujhbaggha wrote:
Wed, 10 Mar 2021 12:00 pm
Folks, I wanted your ideas/suggestion on a rather complicated situation.

I've been living here in Singapore on an EP with my wife and 2 kids. We are comfortable and all is good, have been here for 6 years, but that human need of stability is now seeping in :D

1.5 years ago I applied and got Australia PR (which gives me rights to live, work, study, buy home, free schooling for children, medicare, etc). I am excited about it but of course I know Singapore better. Hence, I have made my 3rd PR application and thinking of moving on to Oz if the result is negative.

If any of you here is from Australia, or has been through a similar situation, or anyone who has inputs, can you please share your ideas? Would be glad to hear those. :???:
I don't know why people want to get multiple PR's from different countries when they are clearly not going to stay permanently in one of the countries. I am not saying its completely wrong, but it can hamper other indian's chances for SG pr, as it makes the govt to think most indians likely wont stay. When they assesses your application, they might have right away rejected yours based on the fact that you have an aus pr, which is quite the right thing to do.