PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3177
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 25 Feb 2022 1:40 am

allywong4908 wrote:
Thu, 24 Feb 2022 9:16 am
Yeah.. cuz one thing I under work permit salary will tend to lower than 3k. But I heard them to say must bear a kid only can obtain pr..(which I can't). Just want to stay here for living n gets in SG live.
But anyways thks alot for your suggestions... Very very grateful for it.
Do you mean you are physically incapable of bearing a child or that you do not wish to at this time because circumstances don’t allow it?

Lisafuller
Director
Director
Posts: 3177
Joined: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 11:45 pm
Answers: 3

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 25 Feb 2022 1:41 am

allywong4908 wrote:
Thu, 24 Feb 2022 9:20 am
Lisafuller.. no we don't have kids yet..we just married for three month. Well due to employment pass my salary will just lowered than 3k.. and is afraid that to bear kid here with this salary.
Yes.. spouse quite low.. cuz Ed reach high peak in career.. lol
Anyways thks guys for your guidance truly.. appreciate..at least I shouldn't expect the outcome of it.. lol
Ahh, I see. Don’t expect too much, but have faith. Hope things work out for you.

20characters
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 2:30 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by 20characters » Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:08 pm

20characters wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 2:56 pm
Hi, looking for some advice on when we should apply for PR due to possible big life changes which may increase or lower chances of approval.

Husband:
Age: 30
Race: full Chinese (with ancestry proof, Xiamen roots)
Nationality: Philippines
Religion: Catholic
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married (1.5 years)
Kids: 0 (planning to have 2)
Education: Bachelor's from top PH uni, Master's from top U.S. uni,
Working in Singapore: 2+ Years
Job: Consultant
Annual Salary: 160k+ basic/190k+ with bonus
Total Work Experience: 6 years
Current pass: 2nd EP (renewed Jan 2021)

Wife:
Age: 29
Race: mixed Chinese-Filipino (with ancestry proof, Xiamen roots)
Nationality: Philippines
Religion: Catholic
Gender: Female
Marital Status: Married (1.5 years)
Kids: 0 (planning to have 2)
Education: Master's and Bachelor's from top PH uni (about to start higher degree in SG or Europe Fall 2021)
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 1 year
Job: Research
Annual Salary: 30k+
Total Work Experience: 5 years
Current Pass: 2nd DP (renewed Jan 2021)

Wondering whether it's better to wait after we have kids or should we apply now since we really can't predict if we will have a kid soon? The wife has PCOS, though we're definitely trying to get pregnant. Not sure also if wife's future higher degree from SG or Europe will matter?

Thank you!
After posting this here and receiving helpful advice plus additional advice to wait for 2 years more before applying, we still applied with this profile 😅

After 10 months, we got our PR application approved 🥳 thanks to this forum for the Q&As. Really helpful!

smoulder
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 850
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by smoulder » Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:24 pm

20characters wrote:
Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:08 pm
20characters wrote:
Tue, 20 Apr 2021 2:56 pm
Hi, looking for some advice on when we should apply for PR due to possible big life changes which may increase or lower chances of approval.

Husband:
Age: 30
Race: full Chinese (with ancestry proof, Xiamen roots)
Nationality: Philippines
Religion: Catholic
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married (1.5 years)
Kids: 0 (planning to have 2)
Education: Bachelor's from top PH uni, Master's from top U.S. uni,
Working in Singapore: 2+ Years
Job: Consultant
Annual Salary: 160k+ basic/190k+ with bonus
Total Work Experience: 6 years
Current pass: 2nd EP (renewed Jan 2021)

Wife:
Age: 29
Race: mixed Chinese-Filipino (with ancestry proof, Xiamen roots)
Nationality: Philippines
Religion: Catholic
Gender: Female
Marital Status: Married (1.5 years)
Kids: 0 (planning to have 2)
Education: Master's and Bachelor's from top PH uni (about to start higher degree in SG or Europe Fall 2021)
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 1 year
Job: Research
Annual Salary: 30k+
Total Work Experience: 5 years
Current Pass: 2nd DP (renewed Jan 2021)

Wondering whether it's better to wait after we have kids or should we apply now since we really can't predict if we will have a kid soon? The wife has PCOS, though we're definitely trying to get pregnant. Not sure also if wife's future higher degree from SG or Europe will matter?

Thank you!
After posting this here and receiving helpful advice plus additional advice to wait for 2 years more before applying, we still applied with this profile 😅

After 10 months, we got our PR application approved 🥳 thanks to this forum for the Q&As. Really helpful!
What do they have under race in your IC?

20characters
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 2:30 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by 20characters » Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:47 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sun, 20 Mar 2022 11:24 pm
What do they have under race in your IC?
Mine is Chinese, my wife's was Filipino, but they changed it to Chinese when they asked for proof of Chinese descent and we submitted documents.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39414
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:30 pm

So what tipped the scales in your favour was likely ethnicity, education & income with ethnicity probably the point that changed it as they saw fit to change your wife's ethnicity to Chinese as well once documented. In any case, congratulations are in order. And, I love it when our advice is considered and you gambled anyway and won. It does means there is hope for others. But we still have to stick to the rule of thumb and not the exceptions.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

korosensei
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 10:46 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by korosensei » Tue, 22 Mar 2022 2:57 pm

Asking for a friend for her chance of PR.

Age: 36
Sex: Female
Occupation: Manager at MBS
Salary: 5k per month
Length of Stay in SG: 15yrs
Race: Filipino
Marital Status: Married with 1 daughter in PH.

Just want to ask your opinion on this. because my friend stays here for too long already.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3908
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 22 Mar 2022 3:33 pm

korosensei wrote:
Tue, 22 Mar 2022 2:57 pm
Asking for a friend for her chance of PR.

Age: 36
Sex: Female
Occupation: Manager at MBS
Salary: 5k per month
Length of Stay in SG: 15yrs
Race: Filipino
Marital Status: Married with 1 daughter in PH.

Just want to ask your opinion on this. because my friend stays here for too long already.
Have a try. Which Workpass are you on? S Pass?

korosensei
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 10:46 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by korosensei » Tue, 22 Mar 2022 3:39 pm

its not me its my friend. She is on SPass.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3908
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 22 Mar 2022 3:49 pm

korosensei wrote:
Tue, 22 Mar 2022 3:39 pm
its not me its my friend. She is on SPass.
She can try once. 50-50. The main positive is duration of stay in SG. Negatives will be quota, salary, etc

korosensei
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon, 10 Jun 2019 10:46 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by korosensei » Tue, 22 Mar 2022 4:03 pm

thank you @singaporeflyer hopefully she will get it.

lanechaser82
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 9:51 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by lanechaser82 » Wed, 06 Apr 2022 9:59 pm

What are my chances of getting PR approved?

Age: 24
Nationality: Chinese (Hong Kong SAR)
Race: Mauritian
Parents' Nationality: Chinese (Hong Kong SAR), naturalised from Mauritius
Religion: Islam
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Single
Education: Master's and Bachelor's from a top UK and HK Uni
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 1 year
Job: Consultant
Annual Salary: 85k SGD
Total Work Experience: 2 years

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3908
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 06 Apr 2022 11:44 pm

lanechaser82 wrote:
Wed, 06 Apr 2022 9:59 pm
What are my chances of getting PR approved?

Age: 24
Nationality: Chinese (Hong Kong SAR)
Race: Mauritian
Parents' Nationality: Chinese (Hong Kong SAR), naturalised from Mauritius
Religion: Islam
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Single
Education: Master's and Bachelor's from a top UK and HK Uni
Length of stay/Working in Singapore: 1 year
Job: Consultant
Annual Salary: 85k SGD
Total Work Experience: 2 years
very low chance as
- Short stay in SG - just 1 year
- Ethnicity

Wait for 3 more years and then apply.

pleaseplease
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 3:45 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by pleaseplease » Sat, 25 Jun 2022 3:17 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 12:03 pm
pleaseplease wrote:
Sat, 24 Oct 2020 11:59 am
the observer wrote:
Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:09 am


If I were you, I'd apply now regardless.

Even with lesser approvals granted this year, the elephant's share of PRs are still going to be granted to your kind of profile.
Hi everyone, thinking about this again, since I'm thinking of switching companies, should I apply while I'm still with the current company or wait till I'm with a new company, or it doesn't matter?
Join the new company, wait for 6 months of payslip and then apply.
Back here again 2 years later, took your advise and applied 6 months later (back in Nov 2021), got my PR in 6 months, thank you all on this forum! :D

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39414
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Jun 2022 6:31 pm

Congratulations. =D> :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests