Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pcoleo
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 3:54 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by pcoleo » Mon, 27 Jul 2020 5:59 pm

ck0110 wrote:
Mon, 27 Jul 2020 12:31 pm
I am pleased to share that my PR application has been approved, in the midst of COVID. I have monitored this forum for some time and I would like to thank the advice given by fellow members esp by SMS, SF, PNGMK and many others in the thread.

My profile: Hong Kong Chinese, age: late 30s, single, paid SG tax 3 times, profession: not finance, not a growing industry in SG, applied before COVID and approved during COVID (exactly 6 months after submission). Applied online and no agent used.

Contrary to some other posters, I did not receive an ICA letter with regards to the delay in processing PR application due to COVID.

I hope the above is useful - best of luck to fellow members.

fantastic !!! congratulations !!!

Japoronga
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 1:40 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Japoronga » Tue, 28 Jul 2020 1:42 pm

Hello, I am new in to this forum, and I would like to know my chances of approval.

I submit on March 26 my family application.

Nationality: Brazilian Japanese
Race: Japanese
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Marital Status: Married
Kid: 2 boys (11yrs + 2yrs)
Current Pass: E Pass
Education: Bachelor Degree
Designation: Regional Manager
Company type: Local Singapore Company
Duration in SG: 2 years 2 months (1 year 2 months in this company)
NOA submitted: 1
Annul Income: 96K+

Spouses profile
Nationality: Brazilian
Race: Caucasian
Gender: Female
Age: 34
Current Pass: DPass
Education: Nursing (not working in Singapore)

Thank you

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:01 pm

Japoronga wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 1:42 pm
Hello, I am new in to this forum, and I would like to know my chances of approval.

I submit on March 26 my family application.

Nationality: Brazilian Japanese
Race: Japanese
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Marital Status: Married
Kid: 2 boys (11yrs + 2yrs)
Current Pass: E Pass
Education: Bachelor Degree
Designation: Regional Manager
Company type: Local Singapore Company
Duration in SG: 2 years 2 months (1 year 2 months in this company)
NOA submitted: 1
Annul Income: 96K+

Spouses profile
Nationality: Brazilian
Race: Caucasian
Gender: Female
Age: 34
Current Pass: DPass
Education: Nursing (not working in Singapore)

Thank you
Chance is going to be very low. Reason Ethnicity and very short stay in SG

Japoronga
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 1:40 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Japoronga » Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:17 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:01 pm
Japoronga wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 1:42 pm
Hello, I am new in to this forum, and I would like to know my chances of approval.

I submit on March 26 my family application.

Nationality: Brazilian Japanese
Race: Japanese
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Marital Status: Married
Kid: 2 boys (11yrs + 2yrs)
Current Pass: E Pass
Education: Bachelor Degree
Designation: Regional Manager
Company type: Local Singapore Company
Duration in SG: 2 years 2 months (1 year 2 months in this company)
NOA submitted: 1
Annul Income: 96K+

Spouses profile
Nationality: Brazilian
Race: Caucasian
Gender: Female
Age: 34
Current Pass: DPass
Education: Nursing (not working in Singapore)

Thank you
Chance is going to be very low. Reason Ethnicity and very short stay in SG
I have previously worked from 2008 to 2010, more then 2 years last time. Does it help? If combine all?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Jul 2020 4:11 pm

Japoronga wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:17 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:01 pm
Japoronga wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 1:42 pm
Hello, I am new in to this forum, and I would like to know my chances of approval.

I submit on March 26 my family application.

Nationality: Brazilian Japanese
Race: Japanese
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Marital Status: Married
Kid: 2 boys (11yrs + 2yrs)
Current Pass: E Pass
Education: Bachelor Degree
Designation: Regional Manager
Company type: Local Singapore Company
Duration in SG: 2 years 2 months (1 year 2 months in this company)
NOA submitted: 1
Annul Income: 96K+

Spouses profile
Nationality: Brazilian
Race: Caucasian
Gender: Female
Age: 34
Current Pass: DPass
Education: Nursing (not working in Singapore)

Thank you
Chance is going to be very low. Reason Ethnicity and very short stay in SG
I have previously worked from 2008 to 2010, more then 2 years last time. Does it help? If combine all?
They look at continuous work/stay in Singapore. If there is a gap, it is like starting from ZERO again.

gpk1122
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat, 06 Jun 2020 7:51 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by gpk1122 » Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:18 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Sat, 06 Jun 2020 9:21 pm
gpk1122 wrote:Thank you for the your patience and the reply.

Yes, I’ve applied for PR in Dec ‘19 and still pending.

Just an additional question as in case I’ve got my PR application rejected, and I got married to my current partner who is a SC.
Then just see if I can get my spouse (if married) to sponsor me for the PR application.
If your current application is rejected and wish to have your spouse-to-be sponsoring you for PR after marriage then the general advice is wait for at least 2 years after marriage, as anything before that may be perceived as marriage of convenience to gain residency status.

Better option is for you to re-apply on your own merits if there are significant improvements to your profile, such as career progression, pay rise, education, certification, etc. before the said 2 years.

But as what SF said, you stand a good chance, just need to be patient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you jamie9vardy and singaporeflyer for your kind support in helping to advice on the chances for PR approval.

Good news as I already got my PR approved few days back, and now waiting for appt for the PR formalities.

Really appreciated both of you effort in this forum for advising people on how to increase their chances by evaluating their profile.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by jamie9vardy » Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:38 pm

gpk1122 wrote:Thank you jamie9vardy and singaporeflyer for your kind support in helping to advice on the chances for PR approval.

Good news as I already got my PR approved few days back, and now waiting for appt for the PR formalities.

Really appreciated both of you effort in this forum for advising people on how to increase their chances by evaluating their profile.
Congrats! Another shoe-in

namitadinesh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 2:34 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by namitadinesh » Wed, 29 Jul 2020 2:53 pm

Hi,

I have applied for PR in March 2020 and the following are my details. What do you think my chances are?

Nationality: Indian
Age: 29
Marriage status: Single
Annual Salary: 60k
education: Masters from NUS in Urban Planning
Work: Research Associate at NUS
Duration in Singapore: 2yrs (student pass) + 2 yrs (employment pass)= 4 yrs

Help Much appreciated!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 29 Jul 2020 7:29 pm

namitadinesh wrote:
Wed, 29 Jul 2020 2:53 pm
Hi,

I have applied for PR in March 2020 and the following are my details. What do you think my chances are?

Nationality: Indian
Age: 29
Marriage status: Single
Annual Salary: 60k
education: Masters from NUS in Urban Planning
Work: Research Associate at NUS
Duration in Singapore: 2yrs (student pass) + 2 yrs (employment pass)= 4 yrs

Help Much appreciated!
Duplicate post

TropicalExpat
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by TropicalExpat » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 2:04 pm

Japoronga wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:17 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:01 pm
Japoronga wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 1:42 pm
Hello, I am new in to this forum, and I would like to know my chances of approval.

I submit on March 26 my family application.

Nationality: Brazilian Japanese
Race: Japanese
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Marital Status: Married
Kid: 2 boys (11yrs + 2yrs)
Current Pass: E Pass
Education: Bachelor Degree
Designation: Regional Manager
Company type: Local Singapore Company
Duration in SG: 2 years 2 months (1 year 2 months in this company)
NOA submitted: 1
Annul Income: 96K+

Spouses profile
Nationality: Brazilian
Race: Caucasian
Gender: Female
Age: 34
Current Pass: DPass
Education: Nursing (not working in Singapore)

Thank you
Chance is going to be very low. Reason Ethnicity and very short stay in SG
I have previously worked from 2008 to 2010, more then 2 years last time. Does it help? If combine all?
I think it's going to be tough, but make sure you add your kids to the application. If you don't, you can almost guarantee that you won't get it

srk03
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 1:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by srk03 » Fri, 31 Jul 2020 6:37 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:31 am
srk03 wrote:
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 2:03 am
Hi,

Please help assess our chances.

We applied as a family together, Husband and wife. It will be my second time applying but as a married couple. First application was back in the year 2017, while I was still single.

Here is our profile:

Husband
Age: 33
Race: Indian
Education: Engineering Degree in Computer science
Current Field of Work: IT (Cloud MNC - Consulting)
Experience: 11+ years
Length of stay in SG: 4 years 10 months
Salary: 170k base / 230K with variable pay + Bonus (~300% hike in base salary in past ~5 years @sg)
Last IRAS: 190k income
Pass Type: EP, renewed last year for 3 years
Job: Changed 1 job in Singapore back in 2018
Promotion: Recent promotion with a salary hike
Tax cycle: 4

Wife
Age: 33
Race: Indian
Education: Engineering Degree in industrial instrumentation (University topper) + PG diploma in business administration (Batch topper)
Current Field of Work: Project Management (IT)
Experience: 11+ years
Length of stay in SG: 1 year 9 months (found job within a month after landing in sg)
Salary: 84k base / 91K with Bonus (1 salary increment last year)
Pass: DP (Working on LOC)
Pass Type: DP, just renewed for 3 years (same as mine)
Job: Excellent growth track record in her previous employment, got 3 promotions in 8 years.
Tax cycle: One

P.S. Ours is an inter-religion marriage.

Thanks!
Apply after 5 years of stay for the main applicant in SG. You may be OK i feel.
Applied in Jan 2020, rejection received this week, any further input to increase chances down the road? thanks for everyone's input and guidance.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 31 Jul 2020 8:06 pm

srk03 wrote:
Fri, 31 Jul 2020 6:37 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:31 am
srk03 wrote:
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 2:03 am
Hi,

Please help assess our chances.

We applied as a family together, Husband and wife. It will be my second time applying but as a married couple. First application was back in the year 2017, while I was still single.

Here is our profile:

Husband
Age: 33
Race: Indian
Education: Engineering Degree in Computer science
Current Field of Work: IT (Cloud MNC - Consulting)
Experience: 11+ years
Length of stay in SG: 4 years 10 months
Salary: 170k base / 230K with variable pay + Bonus (~300% hike in base salary in past ~5 years @sg)
Last IRAS: 190k income
Pass Type: EP, renewed last year for 3 years
Job: Changed 1 job in Singapore back in 2018
Promotion: Recent promotion with a salary hike
Tax cycle: 4

Wife
Age: 33
Race: Indian
Education: Engineering Degree in industrial instrumentation (University topper) + PG diploma in business administration (Batch topper)
Current Field of Work: Project Management (IT)
Experience: 11+ years
Length of stay in SG: 1 year 9 months (found job within a month after landing in sg)
Salary: 84k base / 91K with Bonus (1 salary increment last year)
Pass: DP (Working on LOC)
Pass Type: DP, just renewed for 3 years (same as mine)
Job: Excellent growth track record in her previous employment, got 3 promotions in 8 years.
Tax cycle: One

P.S. Ours is an inter-religion marriage.

Thanks!
Apply after 5 years of stay for the main applicant in SG. You may be OK i feel.
Applied in Jan 2020, rejection received this week, any further input to increase chances down the road? thanks for everyone's input and guidance.
Try after 2 years. Applying before that is not going to help.

Joe767818
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 7:32 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Joe767818 » Sun, 02 Aug 2020 12:22 pm

Hello Everyone,
I had submitted application for PR on March. Can anyone tell me my chance?

Primary Applicants profile
Nationality: MYANMAR
Gender: M
Age: 43
Marital Status : Married in 2012 with one Baby girl 2years (They are not in SG)
Current Pass: S Pass
Education: (1)Bachelor of Science (Math)
(2)Diploma in Engineering
Salary : 50k+
Sector: Manufacturing
Designation: Warehouse Executive
Duration in SG: 13+Year
Applied fifth times, fourth times got Rejected

Thank you in advance. I really applicated for your advice.
Last edited by Joe767818 on Mon, 03 Aug 2020 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 02 Aug 2020 12:57 pm

Joe767818 wrote:Hello Everyone,
I had submitted application for PR on March. Can anyone tell me my chance?

Primary Applicants profile
Nationality: MYANMAR
Gender: M
Age: 43
Marital Status : Married in 2012 with one Baby girl 2years (They are not in SG)
Current Pass: S Pass
Education: (1)Bachelor of Science (Math)
(2)Diploma in Engineering
Salary : 50k+
Sector: Manufacturing
Designation: Warehouse Executive
Duration in SG: 13+Year
Applied fifth times, fourth times got Rejected

Thank you in advance. I really applicated for your advice.
Sorry Joe, the writing is already on the wall.

You can continue to work and reside here as long as you have a valid work pass.

Liketacos
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 03 Aug 2020 1:13 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Liketacos » Mon, 03 Aug 2020 1:26 pm

Glad I found this forum...want to get everyone’s advice on PR application. My family and I have lived in SG since early 2019. We applied for PR after 9 months of being in the country and we got rejected. We are thinking of applying again in early 2021. Wondering what our chances are.

Me, wife, 6 year old daughter

Me:

Nationality - USA
Race - Chinese
Age - 42
Visa - EP with just one company
Income - high (work in financial services)
Education - Bachelor’s from a top US school
Taxes - 1 IRAS NOA (2019)

Wife:

Nationality - Korean
Race - Korean
Age - 44
Visa - DP
Income - high (but gets paid in Korea, not SG)
Education - Bachelor’s and MBA from top schools

We have bought property in SG. We will have stayed in SG for 2 years by the time we apply again.

Also wondering how the results of the recent GE will impact my chances.

Thanks!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests