Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval chance in 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 2:59 pm

Xan1 wrote:
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 1:33 pm
Hi all,
I've been following this forum for quite a while and decided to post my situation.

Myself; 34 SG MALE
Job: F&B
Salary: 25k/PA
Married in 2016; 1 kid, 4 year old daughter.
BTO 4 years ago and recently got my keys in March 2020.

Spouse Details
Age: 32
ETHNICITY: FILIPINO
Residing in Singapore: Work and live here for more than a decade, recently got retrench due to covid 19.
Job scope: Retail Supervisor 27k/PA

Applied twice in 2017 and another the following year, applied through family ties, both rejected.
Went to MP and appeal. Pending now since late 2019.
May be looks like the sponsor salary is slightly on the lower side.

What pass was the spouse on before marriage? Is she now on LTVP?

Xan1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 27 May 2020 4:58 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by Xan1 » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 3:34 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 2:59 pm
Xan1 wrote:
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 1:33 pm
Hi all,
I've been following this forum for quite a while and decided to post my situation.

Myself; 34 SG MALE
Job: F&B
Salary: 25k/PA
Married in 2016; 1 kid, 4 year old daughter.
BTO 4 years ago and recently got my keys in March 2020.

Spouse Details
Age: 32
ETHNICITY: FILIPINO
Residing in Singapore: Work and live here for more than a decade, recently got retrench due to covid 19.
Job scope: Retail Supervisor 27k/PA

Applied twice in 2017 and another the following year, applied through family ties, both rejected.
Went to MP and appeal. Pending now since late 2019.
May be looks like the sponsor salary is slightly on the lower side.

What pass was the spouse on before marriage? Is she now on LTVP?

She was S Pass before marriage, now LTVP.
Oh, so is huge salary play a part too?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 5:11 pm

Xan1 wrote:
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 3:34 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 2:59 pm
Xan1 wrote:
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 1:33 pm
Hi all,
I've been following this forum for quite a while and decided to post my situation.

Myself; 34 SG MALE
Job: F&B
Salary: 25k/PA
Married in 2016; 1 kid, 4 year old daughter.
BTO 4 years ago and recently got my keys in March 2020.

Spouse Details
Age: 32
ETHNICITY: FILIPINO
Residing in Singapore: Work and live here for more than a decade, recently got retrench due to covid 19.
Job scope: Retail Supervisor 27k/PA

Applied twice in 2017 and another the following year, applied through family ties, both rejected.
Went to MP and appeal. Pending now since late 2019.
May be looks like the sponsor salary is slightly on the lower side.

What pass was the spouse on before marriage? Is she now on LTVP?

She was S Pass before marriage, now LTVP.
Oh, so is huge salary play a part too?
I didnt say huge salary. But they would look at a minimum so that they can be sure that the sponsor can take care of the spouse.

trynnvm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 10:42 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by trynnvm » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 10:58 pm

Hi All, please help assess my chance of getting PR in SG

Age : 25
Race : Chinese (Mainland China)
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Single but plan to get married soon, my fiancé is also a Chinese national holding EP (not sure if ROM would help)
Education : Master, one of the top 5 universities in UK
Current Field of Work : Investment
Length of stay: 2 years 9 months, came to SG right after graduation and held Work Holiday Pass
No of tax return : 2 (TY2018 and TY2019) but the first one was not much as only worked for several months and bonus was paid out in the following year
Salary : Basic 70k+; Gross 100k+ with bonus
Pass : EP, renewed once with the same employer

2nd time applying, the first time was just after 6 months of employment in Singapore, too naive =(

Appreciate it if you could kindly share your thoughts.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 Jun 2020 11:32 pm

trynnvm wrote:
Tue, 02 Jun 2020 10:58 pm
Hi All, please help assess my chance of getting PR in SG

Age : 25
Race : Chinese (Mainland China)
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Single but plan to get married soon, my fiancé is also a Chinese national holding EP (not sure if ROM would help)
Education : Master, one of the top 5 universities in UK
Current Field of Work : Investment
Length of stay: 2 years 9 months, came to SG right after graduation and held Work Holiday Pass
No of tax return : 2 (TY2018 and TY2019) but the first one was not much as only worked for several months and bonus was paid out in the following year
Salary : Basic 70k+; Gross 100k+ with bonus
Pass : EP, renewed once with the same employer

2nd time applying, the first time was just after 6 months of employment in Singapore, too naive =(

Appreciate it if you could kindly share your thoughts.
Not going to br easy in the current climate. Looks like you have only 1 full tax return as of now. Why not wait for another 2 years and then apply ?

ROM may not help or add value here, unless you are married for atleast 2 years before the PR application. After 2 years, it may be considered as you are applying as a family with intentions to settle down in SG.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37123
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Jun 2020 12:17 am

The only way a marriage would potentially be of any use is if the spouse were already a PR or Citizen. In this case, fiancé holds no bearing and if you were married, then it would be recommended to file together. I'm inclined to agree with SF here.

ritesh_1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 12:03 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by ritesh_1 » Wed, 03 Jun 2020 1:05 am

Hello experts!

Need your advice on my chances here. Planning to apply for PR later this year for the first time.

Age: 36
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Planning to apply as a family: Wife is on DP, not working + newborn girl child born in SG
Education: MBA + Bachelor in Computer Science
Job: Data Science
Industry: High Tech/Cloud (top US MNC)
Length of stay in Singapore: 3.5 years (worked in the same company till now)
Income Tax Assessment : 3 Submitted
Total Job Experience: 10 Years
Salary: 190K+
Pass: EP

PS: I had chats with a few PR application agencies and they say that a cover letter, recommendation letters, documents for voluntary work etc are required. But, I went through the step-by-step guide on ICA website and could not find any place where these additional documents can be uploaded. Is this a scam?

Thanks!
Last edited by ritesh_1 on Wed, 03 Jun 2020 3:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

srk03
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 1:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by srk03 » Wed, 03 Jun 2020 2:03 am

Hi,

Please help assess our chances.

We applied as a family together, Husband and wife. It will be my second time applying but as a married couple. First application was back in the year 2017, while I was still single.

Here is our profile:

Husband
Age: 33
Race: Indian
Education: Engineering Degree in Computer science
Current Field of Work: IT (Cloud MNC - Consulting)
Experience: 11+ years
Length of stay in SG: 4 years 10 months
Salary: 170k base / 230K with variable pay + Bonus (~300% hike in base salary in past ~5 years @sg)
Last IRAS: 190k income
Pass Type: EP, renewed last year for 3 years
Job: Changed 1 job in Singapore back in 2018
Promotion: Recent promotion with a salary hike
Tax cycle: 4

Wife
Age: 33
Race: Indian
Education: Engineering Degree in industrial instrumentation (University topper) + PG diploma in business administration (Batch topper)
Current Field of Work: Project Management (IT)
Experience: 11+ years
Length of stay in SG: 1 year 9 months (found job within a month after landing in sg)
Salary: 84k base / 91K with Bonus (1 salary increment last year)
Pass: DP (Working on LOC)
Pass Type: DP, just renewed for 3 years (same as mine)
Job: Excellent growth track record in her previous employment, got 3 promotions in 8 years.
Tax cycle: One

P.S. Ours is an inter-religion marriage.

Thanks!

srk03
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 1:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by srk03 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:15 am

@sundaymorningstaple @singaporeflyer could you help???

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:31 am

srk03 wrote:
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 2:03 am
Hi,

Please help assess our chances.

We applied as a family together, Husband and wife. It will be my second time applying but as a married couple. First application was back in the year 2017, while I was still single.

Here is our profile:

Husband
Age: 33
Race: Indian
Education: Engineering Degree in Computer science
Current Field of Work: IT (Cloud MNC - Consulting)
Experience: 11+ years
Length of stay in SG: 4 years 10 months
Salary: 170k base / 230K with variable pay + Bonus (~300% hike in base salary in past ~5 years @sg)
Last IRAS: 190k income
Pass Type: EP, renewed last year for 3 years
Job: Changed 1 job in Singapore back in 2018
Promotion: Recent promotion with a salary hike
Tax cycle: 4

Wife
Age: 33
Race: Indian
Education: Engineering Degree in industrial instrumentation (University topper) + PG diploma in business administration (Batch topper)
Current Field of Work: Project Management (IT)
Experience: 11+ years
Length of stay in SG: 1 year 9 months (found job within a month after landing in sg)
Salary: 84k base / 91K with Bonus (1 salary increment last year)
Pass: DP (Working on LOC)
Pass Type: DP, just renewed for 3 years (same as mine)
Job: Excellent growth track record in her previous employment, got 3 promotions in 8 years.
Tax cycle: One

P.S. Ours is an inter-religion marriage.

Thanks!
Apply after 5 years of stay for the main applicant in SG. You may be OK i feel.

srk03
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 1:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by srk03 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 9:53 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:31 am
srk03 wrote:
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 2:03 am
Hi,

Please help assess our chances.

We applied as a family together, Husband and wife. It will be my second time applying but as a married couple. First application was back in the year 2017, while I was still single.

Here is our profile:

Husband
Age: 33
Race: Indian
Education: Engineering Degree in Computer science
Current Field of Work: IT (Cloud MNC - Consulting)
Experience: 11+ years
Length of stay in SG: 4 years 10 months
Salary: 170k base / 230K with variable pay + Bonus (~300% hike in base salary in past ~5 years @sg)
Last IRAS: 190k income
Pass Type: EP, renewed last year for 3 years
Job: Changed 1 job in Singapore back in 2018
Promotion: Recent promotion with a salary hike
Tax cycle: 4

Wife
Age: 33
Race: Indian
Education: Engineering Degree in industrial instrumentation (University topper) + PG diploma in business administration (Batch topper)
Current Field of Work: Project Management (IT)
Experience: 11+ years
Length of stay in SG: 1 year 9 months (found job within a month after landing in sg)
Salary: 84k base / 91K with Bonus (1 salary increment last year)
Pass: DP (Working on LOC)
Pass Type: DP, just renewed for 3 years (same as mine)
Job: Excellent growth track record in her previous employment, got 3 promotions in 8 years.
Tax cycle: One

P.S. Ours is an inter-religion marriage.

Thanks!
Apply after 5 years of stay for the main applicant in SG. You may be OK i feel.
Thanks for your input!

adeus
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 6:53 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by adeus » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 7:03 pm

Hello! I applied PR Feb 2019 and then rejected Feb 2020, so2 sad :cry: :cry: . Appreciate if someone can comment on the chance based on our profile.

Me (main applicant)
Age: 43
Industry: Senior researcher in University (obtained PhD. in 2013 from Univ of Tokyo)
Nationality: Japanese
Salary: 80k p.a. w/o bonus (for 20% salary increase in March 2019(Just after my 1st apply then I sent the latest salary slip to ICA))
Marital Status: married, Son 15yrs old, daughter 12yrs old
Length of stay in SG: 9 years
Pass type: EP will be expired 2024

Spouse:
Age:41
Industry: marketing section in a tourism industry (has Master degree)
Nationality: Japanese
Salary: basic 90k p.a. 
Length of stay in SG: 9 years
Pass type: EP (changed job 2 times) 

Thank you for those giving feedback and sharing experiences with us, really appreciate.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 8:41 pm

adeus wrote:
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 7:03 pm
Hello! I applied PR Feb 2019 and then rejected Feb 2020, so2 sad :cry: :cry: . Appreciate if someone can comment on the chance based on our profile.

Me (main applicant)
Age: 43
Industry: Senior researcher in University (obtained PhD. in 2013 from Univ of Tokyo)
Nationality: Japanese
Salary: 80k p.a. w/o bonus (for 20% salary increase in March 2019(Just after my 1st apply then I sent the latest salary slip to ICA))
Marital Status: married, Son 15yrs old, daughter 12yrs old
Length of stay in SG: 9 years
Pass type: EP will be expired 2024

Spouse:
Age:41
Industry: marketing section in a tourism industry (has Master degree)
Nationality: Japanese
Salary: basic 90k p.a. 
Length of stay in SG: 9 years
Pass type: EP (changed job 2 times) 

Thank you for those giving feedback and sharing experiences with us, really appreciate.
30-35% chance.

subconwretch
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed, 27 May 2020 8:17 pm

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by subconwretch » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:12 am

adeus wrote:
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 7:03 pm
Hello! I applied PR Feb 2019 and then rejected Feb 2020, so2 sad :cry: :cry: . Appreciate if someone can comment on the chance based on our profile.

Me (main applicant)
Age: 43
Industry: Senior researcher in University (obtained PhD. in 2013 from Univ of Tokyo)
Nationality: Japanese
Salary: 80k p.a. w/o bonus (for 20% salary increase in March 2019(Just after my 1st apply then I sent the latest salary slip to ICA))
Marital Status: married, Son 15yrs old, daughter 12yrs old
Length of stay in SG: 9 years
Pass type: EP will be expired 2024

Spouse:
Age:41
Industry: marketing section in a tourism industry (has Master degree)
Nationality: Japanese
Salary: basic 90k p.a. 
Length of stay in SG: 9 years
Pass type: EP (changed job 2 times) 

Thank you for those giving feedback and sharing experiences with us, really appreciate.
With the rumored "Others" quota being tiny as it is, and the uncertain economic climate at this time, it is surely going to be an uphill battle. You might want to wait it out for at least 1.5 years to stand a chance, given that you have a slight edge over others in terms of length of stay, qualifications (assuming you work in an in-demand field), and a male offspring included in the application.

As a university academic you normally get an EP with a 5-year validity, so you are in much better hands compared to most other 2-yr EPs.

mageshonair
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 9:16 am

Re: PR approval chance in 2020

Post by mageshonair » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 9:22 am

Hi Friends,
I applied for PR with my family and like to know the chance of approval.Please help to provide your valuable inputs based on your experience in this forum.

Age: 39
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married
Education: PhD from France
Job: Senior Region Leader for SE Asia
Length of stay in Singapore: 1.5 years (worked in the same company till now)
Income Tax Assessment : 2 Submitted ( On expat assignment here)
Total Job Experience: 10 Years
Salary:220k+
Pass: EP

applying with
- my wife on DP -Not working
- First daughter - 8-year-old (Born in India)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests