Singapore Expats

Enbloc potential properties

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Enbloc potential properties

Post by abbby » Tue, 04 Feb 2020 10:57 am

How do you spot potential enbloc properties? Freehold? Really old?

With the increase in ABSD, it seems like developers are going slow and pickier in the buying process.

What are your views?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Search By

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Enbloc potential properties

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 04 Feb 2020 12:19 pm

It's not easy and it's not about age oddly enough. It's a factor of GFA, plot ratio, the area the place is in and what the PPR is likely to be for when you buy and what an enbloc might raise. A lot of analysis is needed and that doesn't include the emotive factor that comes in in order to to get 80% of the residents approval. There are retirees who spend their entire day searching and analyzing for places to buy that meet these criteria. In general it can be quite hard to get 80% for older places that are comfortable to live and meet the above criteria if most of the units are owner occupied.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Tue, 04 Feb 2020 9:50 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Tue, 04 Feb 2020 12:19 pm
It's not easy and it's not about age oddly enough. It's a factor of GFA, plot ratio, the area the place is in and what the PPR is likely to be for when you buy and what an enbloc might raise. A lot of analysis is needed and that doesn't include the emotive factor that comes in in order to to get 80% of the residents approval. There are retirees who spend their entire day searching and analyzing for places to buy that meet these criteria. In general it can be quite hard to get 80% for older places that are comfortable to live and meet the above criteria if most of the units are owner occupied.
Totally agree, and I am not sure how they compute if a property is viable for enbloc,GFA, psf Ppr (in a developers viewpoint). I am wondering do such properties still attract developers, Leonie Gardens, Horizon Towers, etc?

I have friends who had windfall from their property they stay, and they did not buy it out for a enbloc potential, but so coincidentally that it happened. Now...I am feeling envious!
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 05 Feb 2020 2:40 pm

There are real estate agents who specialize in finding these properties.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!