Singapore Expats

Giving back, my PR approval journey

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
FerdinandW

Giving back, my PR approval journey

Post by FerdinandW » Mon, 03 Feb 2020 9:33 am

Hi everyone,

I have recently become a PR together with my wife and child and as I've often relied on the posts or information shared on this forum by others I figured I'll add my experiences as a way of paying it forward. Feel free to ask questions and I'll try and share feedback.
As a general note I do feel that the PR approval process isn't an exact science, people with the same profile can be approved or rejected.

Profile:
Race: Caucasian
Education: Bachelor degree
Salary: 160k annually

Spouse:
Race: Japanese
Salary: 90k annually

Child was born in Singapore after first PR application

Arrived in Singapore about 4 years ago, always employed and paying income tax. We got rejected for our first PR application in 2018. Applied again June 2019 and got approved November 2019.

Something of note:
I changed working visa (to PEP) and became unemployed in between application and successful approval. After calling with ICA I was informed that I needed to be employed again before completing application formalities and that the approval was based on the information originally provided. I found new employment (similar field and salary) and was informed what additional documents I needed to bring to the ICA appointment. Process was completed then and there.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Re: Giving back, my PR approval journey

Post by smoulder » Mon, 03 Feb 2020 9:45 am

What's your actual age and field of work? The age range you've mentioned is quite broad.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 05 Feb 2020 6:43 pm

FerdinandW wrote:
Mon, 03 Feb 2020 9:33 am
Hi everyone,

I have recently become a PR together with my wife and child and as I've often relied on the posts or information shared on this forum by others I figured I'll add my experiences as a way of paying it forward. Feel free to ask questions and I'll try and share feedback.
As a general note I do feel that the PR approval process isn't an exact science, people with the same profile can be approved or rejected.

Profile:
Race: Caucasian
Salary: 160k annually

Spouse:
Race: Japanese
Salary: 90k annually

Child was born in Singapore after first PR application

Arrived in Singapore about 4 years ago, always employed and paying income tax. We got rejected for our first PR application in 2018. Applied again June 2019 and got approved November 2019.

Something of note:
I changed working visa (to PEP) and became unemployed in between application and successful approval. After calling with ICA I was informed that I needed to be employed again before completing application formalities and that the approval was based on the information originally provided. I found new employment (similar field and salary) and was informed what additional documents I needed to bring to the ICA appointment. Process was completed then and there.
Congrats. As SMS used to say, PEP is like a stepping stone towards PR. So, if you are on PEP and prove to live and commit to Singapore, PR is almost on the way.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Feb 2020 10:09 pm

SF you are slipping! You missed the first line of his post! :oops!:

He's proof of my saying! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 06 Feb 2020 12:26 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 05 Feb 2020 10:09 pm
SF you are slipping! You missed the first line of his post! :oops!:

He's proof of my saying! :lol:
Sorry SMS. What did I miss?

What I meant to say was if someone is on PEP and proves to commit to work and live in Singapore, PR should be straight forward. This is what I meant. That is what I meant by saying PR is on the way....

aki01

Post by aki01 » Thu, 06 Feb 2020 3:53 pm

Ferdinand - did you have a son by any chance ?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 06 Feb 2020 4:32 pm

aki01 wrote:
Thu, 06 Feb 2020 3:53 pm
Ferdinand - did you have a son by any chance ?
You are analyzing too much....

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Feb 2020 5:04 pm

Okay, I follow your thought train now. It sounded like you missed the fact that he was already a PR. My bad.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers