Singapore Expats

Toys Suppliers Wanted

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Kenix

Toys Suppliers Wanted

Post by Kenix » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:10 pm

Hi

I am thinking of setting up a toy business. Anyone knows where I can buy Disney & Sanrio products in bulk?

Anyone know of any disney or sanrio manufacturers / suppliers?

Thanks
Last edited by Kenix on Mon, 14 Mar 2005 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:33 pm

Do you think Disney might get a little bit pissed off with your idea of selling their products... in bulk? Mickey Mouse earns them tons of money and they won't look kindly on an unauthorized reseller.

You want to sell Disney. Contact Disney. Otherwise, you'll be peddling counterfeit product.

Jean

Post by Jean » Tue, 15 Mar 2005 9:42 pm

Hi there, depends on where do you want to sell the products to. Some company bought the license from Disney, so this company can design and produce product (of course need to be apprved by Disney). However, company normally will be limited to range of products, cause the royalty is quite high.

Anyway, what sort of product and where are you thinking to sell to? Cause if a licensee is in Asia, they can only sell within Asia ( or even a particular country) What sort of quantity you are looking for? I meant is quantity/ item/ design, not a lumsome.

Kenix

Post by Kenix » Wed, 16 Mar 2005 6:11 pm

Jean

Thanks for your info. I am looking for disney consumable products like cushions, door knob covers, etc and stationery from licensed disney manufacturers.

I do not know of any local licensees in Singapore that carry such items.

Jean

Post by Jean » Wed, 16 Mar 2005 9:20 pm

Hi Kenix,

Actually, I have a business doing sorucing for people all over the world. Also, I am experienced in licensed products. Would you like to do it with me? What I meant is I will get the product and sell it to you. It save all the hassle on dealing the document, also you have someone to deal with the shipment, all the license issue which one has to concern about and also can make sure the quality meet your requirement.

If you are interested, please send me an e-mail: [email protected] and let me know if you are aiming in Singapore or what are the countries you want to sell to. What is the quantity that you are looking for?

Hope to hearing from you soon.

Lam

Toy Biz

Post by Lam » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 5:55 am

Hi Kenix,

My brother was in the toy business and I know some supplier for toy in Singapore too.

Would you contact me at [email protected]? I might be able to help.

Regards
Lam

tingshen

Post by tingshen » Mon, 11 Apr 2005 3:11 am

In order to sell / distribute Disney products, you need to sign a long term franchise contracts with them.

One of my customers, LAI Games which is the Timezone parent company, is one of their franchise partner =)

If you're seriously looking into start a business, submit your idea to [email protected] I would see if it really catch investors attention. Otherwise, I may have some options for you to see if you would like to pick any of them.

No promise though.