Singapore Expats Forum
 

Need experts view for my profile

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Jovile
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 3:07 pm

Need experts view for my profile

Post by Jovile » Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:17 am

Hello Everyone,

Race: Indian
Age: 32
Education: Bachelors Degree from India
Currently on EP
Salary - 84k anu
Profession : Cyber security
Kids : 1 Male 2 yr old.

Been here in Singapore for about 2.5 yrs now, I have long history (6yrs)for staying in Middle East (Employment), Applied for PR few months back can understand from this forum waiting period is more than 1 yr or more especially for Indian.

I have applied PR with my family (Wife : Housewife currently in SG and my son )

Would like to here what is the probability to get approved for my profile.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37314
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:39 pm

Personally, I think you have a reasonable chance as your profession is in demand, but I don't know what you do. You could be an admin and actually have nothing to do with cybersecurity but work in that industry. e.g., a little more info would be helpful. Are you a programmer, technician, infrastructure build out specialist, etc. But assuming you are hands-on, I think you have a fair chance although you might have applied too early (you should have at least 2 full years here or 3 tax assessments or more to have a optimum chance. Hopefully you applied as a family and not just for yourself.

Good Luck, though.

Jovile
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by Jovile » Fri, 31 Jan 2020 12:50 pm

Hi SMS,

Thanks for your Valuable advice, Yes i have applied as family and completed 2 Tax assessments.
Whereas reg my prof i am providing L2 Incident Response and Vulnerability Assessment. I too hold CISSP and CISA certification in cyber industry.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2835
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 31 Jan 2020 6:04 pm

Jovile wrote:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:17 am
Hello Everyone,

Race: Indian
Age: 32
Education: Bachelors Degree from India
Currently on EP
Salary - 84k anu
Profession : Cyber security
Kids : 1 Male 2 yr old.

Been here in Singapore for about 2.5 yrs now, I have long history (6yrs)for staying in Middle East (Employment), Applied for PR few months back can understand from this forum waiting period is more than 1 yr or more especially for Indian.

I have applied PR with my family (Wife : Housewife currently in SG and my son )

Would like to here what is the probability to get approved for my profile.
12 years experience and 84K?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37314
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 31 Jan 2020 6:27 pm

Did I miss something SF? I got around 8.5 years only. 12 years would have meant he finished university at 20?

Jovile
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by Jovile » Fri, 31 Jan 2020 6:54 pm

Hi SMS,

Yes you are correct I started working full-time at age of 20. I discontinued my regular college at 2nd yr and joined distance education.

So that I can support my family.

I started my career as server engineer, In last 4-5yrs working in cyber security.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2835
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 31 Jan 2020 8:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 6:27 pm
Did I miss something SF? I got around 8.5 years only. 12 years would have meant he finished university at 20?
In most of the cases, if the person has graduated from india with an engineering degree, he will graduate when he/she is 21 years old. Yes, finished university at 20/21.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37314
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:17 pm

Okay, 4 or 5 years experience would probably make your income somewhere in the ballpark I'd think. Just keep your fingers crossed.

smoulder
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by smoulder » Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:29 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 8:06 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 6:27 pm
Did I miss something SF? I got around 8.5 years only. 12 years would have meant he finished university at 20?
In most of the cases, if the person has graduated from india with an engineering degree, he will graduate when he/she is 21 years old. Yes, finished university at 20/21.
22 or 23 actually. That's more common.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2835
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 01 Feb 2020 11:03 am

smoulder wrote:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:29 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 8:06 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 6:27 pm
Did I miss something SF? I got around 8.5 years only. 12 years would have meant he finished university at 20?
In most of the cases, if the person has graduated from india with an engineering degree, he will graduate when he/she is 21 years old. Yes, finished university at 20/21.
22 or 23 actually. That's more common.
I don't think it is 23 for sure. I did complete my fulltime engineering degree when I was 21.

smoulder
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by smoulder » Sat, 01 Feb 2020 11:58 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 01 Feb 2020 11:03 am
smoulder wrote:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 11:29 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 31 Jan 2020 8:06 pm


In most of the cases, if the person has graduated from india with an engineering degree, he will graduate when he/she is 21 years old. Yes, finished university at 20/21.
22 or 23 actually. That's more common.
I don't think it is 23 for sure. I did complete my fulltime engineering degree when I was 21.
I'm saying this based on my friends who are Indian. Reasons vary but quite often it is because they start school a year later and have a gap between school and university to prepare for the engineering entrance exam.

Jovile
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by Jovile » Tue, 11 Aug 2020 11:30 am

Update:-- After 9 Months my application has rejected... :(

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by TropicalExpat » Wed, 12 Aug 2020 10:10 am

Jovile wrote:
Tue, 11 Aug 2020 11:30 am
Update:-- After 9 Months my application has rejected... :(
Sorry to hear that. It's definitely a difficult time for people wanting to get PR, within certain categories.

Personally, I think your salary is probably too low, given that you are supporting both a wife and a son.
There is probably a calculation on your tax contribution to how much strain you and your family will place on public finances and they determine that you probably end up as a net negative.
Obviously this feels personal, but don't take it that way. It's just the way it seems the government works.
Best plan, just reapply and see what happens. Remember do not leave your son off the application form. Confirm will be rejected.

Good luck!

Jovile
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 3:07 pm

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by Jovile » Wed, 12 Aug 2020 10:51 am

Thanks TE for your update. I will definitely give a try again but i need some advice and suggestion what all i can do to improve my profile. I understand with this current economic situation should i try next year or need to wait for more year to follow.

I am planning to put my Wife in polytechnic after finishing course she can work if she want, Will it work :) just a small assumption.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2835
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Need experts view for my profile

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 12 Aug 2020 10:57 am

Jovile wrote:
Wed, 12 Aug 2020 10:51 am
Thanks TE for your update. I will definitely give a try again but i need some advice and suggestion what all i can do to improve my profile. I understand with this current economic situation should i try next year or need to wait for more year to follow.

I am planning to put my Wife in polytechnic after finishing course she can work if she want, Will it work :) just a small assumption.
Improve in Career, Salary,etc. Apply after 5-6 years of stay in SG. Else, it is going to be tough. Sorry to say this.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests