Singapore Expats

Re-apply SPR or Appeal rejection?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
november12

Re-apply SPR or Appeal rejection?

Post by november12 » Tue, 28 Jan 2020 12:54 pm

Profile:
Indian
Working in Healthcare sector in corporate HQ (MBA and not a healthcare professional like Doc etc), husband working in Bank
Education : i hold 2 masters degrees from well known Indian school (MSc and MBA), husband holds masters degree in Administration MBA
Salary 300k+, husband 350k+
Duration in Singapore: me 5 yrs (employed with same company and promoted 3 times), husband 8 yrs (changed 3 companies)
Have two daughters, both born in Singapore public hospital, 3 yrs old, 3 months old
Both of us have completed intermediate Mandarin classes from NTU (weekend classes)

We applied for SPR with me as main applicant and got rejected exactly at 6 months (applied July 2019, rejected Jan 2020). First application with me as main applicant. Very disappointed as we really think of Singapore as our home and would like to settle here going to Singapore Citizenship.
We had our second daughter born in Singapore between our application and rejection (Nov 2019). My query is whether we should appeal with our application (given we had our second child in between) or wait for 6 months before applying along with our second daughter?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Re-apply SPR or Appeal rejection?

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Jan 2020 1:10 pm

november12 wrote:
Tue, 28 Jan 2020 12:54 pm
Profile:
Indian
Working in Healthcare sector in corporate HQ (MBA and not a healthcare professional like Doc etc), husband working in Bank
Education : i hold 2 masters degrees from well known Indian school (MSc and MBA), husband holds masters degree in Administration MBA
Duration in Singapore: me 5 yrs (employed with same company and promoted 3 times), husband 8 yrs (changed 3 companies)
Have two daughters, both born in Singapore public hospital, 3 yrs old, 3 months old
Both of us have completed intermediate Mandarin classes from NTU (weekend classes)

We applied for SPR with me as main applicant and got rejected exactly at 6 months (applied July 2019, rejected Jan 2020). First application with me as main applicant. Very disappointed as we really think of Singapore as our home and would like to settle here going to Singapore Citizenship.
We had our second daughter born in Singapore between our application and rejection (Nov 2019). My query is whether we should appeal with our application (given we had our second child in between) or wait for 6 months before applying along with our second daughter?
Wait for couple of years and try again. One reason might be too high salaries and ICA may feel that you may not stay here permanently.

november12

Post by november12 » Tue, 28 Jan 2020 1:44 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 28 Jan 2020 1:10 pm
november12 wrote:
Profile:
Indian

Wait for couple of years and try again. One reason might be too high salaries and ICA may feel that you may not stay here permanently.
Thanks, so you think Appeal is not a good idea?
One of my concerns is that after 2 years of waiting we will be 37yrs and i have heard that Singapore prefers younger couples for PRs.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Jan 2020 1:48 pm

november12 wrote:
Tue, 28 Jan 2020 1:44 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
november12 wrote:
Profile:
Indian

One of my concerns is that after 2 years of waiting we will be 37yrs and i have heard that Singapore prefers younger couples for PRs.
35-37 is not going to make a big difference. 99% appeal wont help. On what grounds will you appeal? What has significantly changed in your application to appeal?

november12

Post by november12 » Tue, 28 Jan 2020 1:58 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 28 Jan 2020 1:48 pm
november12 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

35-37 is not going to make a big difference. 99% appeal wont help. On what grounds will you appeal? What has significantly changed in your application to appeal?
Sorry if you missed my earlier message but as I mentioned our 2nd daughter was born in between our application and rejection.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Jan 2020 2:08 pm

november12 wrote:
Tue, 28 Jan 2020 1:58 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 28 Jan 2020 1:48 pm
november12 wrote:

Sorry if you missed my earlier message but as I mentioned our 2nd daughter was born in between our application and rejection.
This is surely not going to make a big difference to your application. What I meant was something like a 5K increment per month that happened, You finished your doctorate degree, etc. Which can be made as significant contribution to both you/country. Having a kid is good, but is not going to add great value to the application, unless you are married to a Singaporean and the kid is Singaporean.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 28 Jan 2020 3:02 pm

Keep trying - you will get in. (Note - your husband being in a bank may be a negative factor as banking is considered a highly mobile profession - in fact yours also perhaps).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!