Singapore Expats

Renouncing PR

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
BirenderAswal

Renouncing PR

Post by BirenderAswal » Tue, 28 Jan 2020 9:41 am

Hi everyone,
good morning,
i am SPR and now planning to renounce my PR but having few confusions, can someone help please.
1) Will my son who is 24 and completed NS remain PR or his PR will be cancelled automatically since he was granted PR under my application?
2) My daughter who is studying in local poly with tuition grant, what happens to her PR status? she is 22 now.

Kindly advice
Thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Renouncing PR

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Jan 2020 5:34 pm

BirenderAswal wrote:
Tue, 28 Jan 2020 9:41 am
Hi everyone,
good morning,
i am SPR and now planning to renounce my PR but having few confusions, can someone help please.
1) Will my son who is 24 and completed NS remain PR or his PR will be cancelled automatically since he was granted PR under my application?
2) My daughter who is studying in local poly with tuition grant, what happens to her PR status? she is 22 now.

Kindly advice
Thanks
I may not be totally right, but after 21 years they are no longer your dependant PR. During their next renewal, they have to prove they are working and can continue to remain independent PR's.

Anyway, please talk to ICA and check this in person or via email.

Tassrob

Post by Tassrob » Wed, 08 Jun 2022 1:31 pm

Children got PR with parents when they were below 21 yrs of age. What happens to their PR status now as adults (over 21 yrs), working and living in Singapore, when their parents renounce PR.

Tassrob

Post by Tassrob » Wed, 08 Jun 2022 1:37 pm

So what happened BirenderAswal? Did your children continue as PR?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Jun 2022 2:13 pm

Tassrob wrote:
Wed, 08 Jun 2022 1:31 pm
Children got PR with parents when they were below 21 yrs of age. What happens to their PR status now as adults (over 21 yrs), working and living in Singapore, when their parents renounce PR.
They are considered independent PR's and as long as they are working in SG - REP will be renewed.