Singapore Expats

What is the possibility of renewing Re-Entry Permit for the below situation

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 9:05 pm

What is the possibility of renewing Re-Entry Permit for the below situation

Post by Rams-school » Sun, 26 Jan 2020 8:43 pm

Greetings Everyone

I am in Singapore for the 25+ years. PR for nearly 25 years. Just got my re-entry permit renewed for myself and my wife.

My daughter who is 22 years old, she need to to renew on her own. She completed her Kindergarten to JC in Singapore and for under graduate she is studying in Overseas and residing in Overseas. She has to renew on her own

May I request your help once again to share your inputs

1) There is one question, "Are you currently residing Permanently in Singapore?"
Since my daughter is studying in Overseas she is residing overseas past 2 years. So I have to choose No. So what will be the possibility of she getting renewal?

2) Since she is doing her Undergraduate degree. She is not working. Once of the criteria for PR renewal is gainfully employed in Singapore. I have to select STUDENT Option and highest qualification GCE A level. Will it be a concern?

3) Should I ask her to come to Singapore and renew or she being in overseas she can renew using her Singpass?

4) If they give one year extension, next year also she will be studying overseas. So she will loose her PR status?

What are your experience , may i request your help to share your experience and advise.


User avatar
Posts: 9088
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Sinkapore

Re: What is the possibility of renewing Re-Entry Permit for the below situation

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 27 Jan 2020 4:58 pm

She should try to renew using her Singpass. Personally I don't recall any of those questions when I did mine but maybe it auto populated in the back end (I suspect it did based on IRAS data). If the REP fails then appeal explaining she is student and plans to return and work.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests