Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval probability 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3102
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 08 Dec 2020 9:29 am

tush222 wrote:
Mon, 07 Dec 2020 9:59 pm
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering to ask, my PR application is pending for outcome,
I recently got Promotion with a salary raise, is it worth mentioning to ICA regarding this? if yes then how to communicate to ICA? will promotion letter will do?

Thanks in advance,
Tush....
Email them your promotion letter and also your payslip

nkhant
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 2:56 pm
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by nkhant » Wed, 09 Dec 2020 8:10 am

tush222 wrote:
Mon, 07 Dec 2020 9:59 pm
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering to ask, my PR application is pending for outcome,
I recently got Promotion with a salary raise, is it worth mentioning to ICA regarding this? if yes then how to communicate to ICA? will promotion letter will do?

Thanks in advance,
Tush....
This is the email I used before to send the update: ICA_PR@ica.gov.sg

You will need to include your PR Application reference number in the email.

Akatial
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 12:53 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by Akatial » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 12:27 am

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply for PR as I have been working in Singapore for more than 2 years as married couple and would like to try my chances.

Result: 1st attempt received Rejection within 5 months.
Some details:

1. Both have 4 year bachelors degrees.
2. Experience working in South korea, Malaysia, india and Singapore.
3. Filed 1 tax only. Been here for 2 years only.

Age : 32
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married.
Kids: No
Religion : Hindu
Education : Bachelors and diploma
Spouse Education: Masters
Current Field of Work : IT/Software and IT/hardware
Length of stay : 2 years
No of tax return filled : 1
Salary : 110k+
Spouse salary:85k+
Pass : EP and DP

I am quite new to this forum, would be really grateful for any help or guidance .
 Thank you

harpD
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 1:07 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by harpD » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 1:15 am

Hi All,

Some great inputs in this thread.
Looking for some input on the probability of my 4th application:

Age : 34
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married.
Kids: No
Religion : Sikh
Education : Bachelors of Technology
Spouse Education: Bachelors of Technology
Industry: Banking
Current Field of Work : Data Management (role spans between business and IT)
Total work experience: 11+ years
Length of stay : 6 years +
Salary : 135k+
Spouse salary:106k+
Pass : Both on EP

We applied our first PR application in 2018 (nearly after 4 years of working here), rejected in exact 6months time. 2nd and 3rd applications applied 6 months after the rejection letter of 1st and 2nd application respectively.

My wife is planning to pursue her masters from NUS. Would that help in our application? in case it helps, Should we wait until she starts her Masters?

Would be grateful to hear your thoughts.

Thank you

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by the observer » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 10:21 am

harpD wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 1:15 am
Hi All,

Some great inputs in this thread.
Looking for some input on the probability of my 4th application:

Age : 34
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married.
Kids: No
Religion : Sikh
Education : Bachelors of Technology
Spouse Education: Bachelors of Technology
Industry: Banking
Current Field of Work : Data Management (role spans between business and IT)
Total work experience: 11+ years
Length of stay : 6 years +
Salary : 135k+
Spouse salary:106k+
Pass : Both on EP

We applied our first PR application in 2018 (nearly after 4 years of working here), rejected in exact 6months time. 2nd and 3rd applications applied 6 months after the rejection letter of 1st and 2nd application respectively.

My wife is planning to pursue her masters from NUS. Would that help in our application? in case it helps, Should we wait until she starts her Masters?

Would be grateful to hear your thoughts.

Thank you
Undergrad from Singapore’s public universities certainly hold more weight.

Back in the day, 2000s, graduates get automatic PR ipa upon graduation, and some gets invited to apply for citizenships after 1 yr of PR. That’s back in the day. For undergrads.
But they’re also bonded to work in sg for 3 years minimum.

Not sure abt postgrads, back then, but I’d assume no. Correct me if I am wrong.

nkhant
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 2:56 pm
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by nkhant » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:06 am

the observer wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 10:21 am


Undergrad from Singapore’s public universities certainly hold more weight.

Back in the day, 2000s, graduates get automatic PR ipa upon graduation, and some gets invited to apply for citizenships after 1 yr of PR. That’s back in the day. For undergrads.
But they’re also bonded to work in sg for 3 years minimum.

Not sure abt postgrads, back then, but I’d assume no. Correct me if I am wrong.
I did receive invitation letter during my postgrad study at NTU (2009): to apply PR once completed the study and get employed.

I applied, and got rejected.

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by the observer » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:13 am

nkhant wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:06 am
the observer wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 10:21 am


Undergrad from Singapore’s public universities certainly hold more weight.

Back in the day, 2000s, graduates get automatic PR ipa upon graduation, and some gets invited to apply for citizenships after 1 yr of PR. That’s back in the day. For undergrads.
But they’re also bonded to work in sg for 3 years minimum.

Not sure abt postgrads, back then, but I’d assume no. Correct me if I am wrong.
I did receive invitation letter during my postgrad study at NTU (2009): to apply PR once completed the study and get employed.

I applied, and got rejected.
Sad to hear.

In any case the letter to undergrads weren’t an invitation to apply back then I believe.

It was an outright in principle approval.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37617
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 4:22 pm

the observer wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:13 am
nkhant wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:06 am
the observer wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 10:21 am


Undergrad from Singapore’s public universities certainly hold more weight.

Back in the day, 2000s, graduates get automatic PR ipa upon graduation, and some gets invited to apply for citizenships after 1 yr of PR. That’s back in the day. For undergrads.
But they’re also bonded to work in sg for 3 years minimum.

Not sure abt postgrads, back then, but I’d assume no. Correct me if I am wrong.
I did receive invitation letter during my postgrad study at NTU (2009): to apply PR once completed the study and get employed.

I applied, and got rejected.
Sad to hear.

In any case the letter to undergrads weren’t an invitation to apply back then I believe.

It was an outright in principle approval.
Actually, it was what used to be referred to as a LPR (Landed Permanent Resident), It was a pre-approved IPA but was only issued after acquiring a job. At that point the 3 year-bond came into effect. It was also available for foreign graduates applying from their home countries with fresh degrees. I know. I hired several of them from Indonesia back in 2004. All they needed was a job offer (not even related to their degree) for the LPR to kick in. The biggest difference was that the local foreign graduates had to have the 3 year bond (to offset the subsidy they were given to do there schooling in a local tertiary institution while the Foreign graduate had no bond, but were required only to obtain a letter of offer and acceptance from an employer.

harpD
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 1:07 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by harpD » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 5:19 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 4:22 pm
the observer wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:13 am
nkhant wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:06 am


I did receive invitation letter during my postgrad study at NTU (2009): to apply PR once completed the study and get employed.

I applied, and got rejected.
Sad to hear.

In any case the letter to undergrads weren’t an invitation to apply back then I believe.

It was an outright in principle approval.
Actually, it was what used to be referred to as a LPR (Landed Permanent Resident), It was a pre-approved IPA but was only issued after acquiring a job. At that point the 3 year-bond came into effect. It was also available for foreign graduates applying from their home countries with fresh degrees. I know. I hired several of them from Indonesia back in 2004. All they needed was a job offer (not even related to their degree) for the LPR to kick in. The biggest difference was that the local foreign graduates had to have the 3 year bond (to offset the subsidy they were given to do there schooling in a local tertiary institution while the Foreign graduate had no bond, but were required only to obtain a letter of offer and acceptance from an employer.
Thanks, Everyone. these inputs do clarify some of my queries. Do you think my application still makes a case?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3102
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 6:22 pm

harpD wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 1:15 am
Hi All,

Some great inputs in this thread.
Looking for some input on the probability of my 4th application:

Age : 34
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married.
Kids: No
Religion : Sikh
Education : Bachelors of Technology
Spouse Education: Bachelors of Technology
Industry: Banking
Current Field of Work : Data Management (role spans between business and IT)
Total work experience: 11+ years
Length of stay : 6 years +
Salary : 135k+
Spouse salary:106k+
Pass : Both on EP

We applied our first PR application in 2018 (nearly after 4 years of working here), rejected in exact 6months time. 2nd and 3rd applications applied 6 months after the rejection letter of 1st and 2nd application respectively.

My wife is planning to pursue her masters from NUS. Would that help in our application? in case it helps, Should we wait until she starts her Masters?

Would be grateful to hear your thoughts.

Thank you
Till she finishes her masters, the masters wont add any value/points to the application. Try improving in career, salary, etc and then reapply. Else, the outcome may be the same.

FusaruTachibana
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 12:57 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by FusaruTachibana » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 9:59 pm

Hi guys! Needing your guys assistance on calculating my chances of getting PR

Ethnicity: Malay
Nationality: Malaysian
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Marital status: Married
Applied for: Myself only
Education: B.Eng (Computer Engineering)
Length of stay: 5 years
Pass type: EP
Occupation: Network Engineer
Salary: SGD 50k Annually
Work experience: 7 years
SG Tax Assesment: 4 years

Applied on mid September 2020. Just recently got an email from ICA, requesting for my Family members CV. Already upload the necessary documents on MyICA Portal.

Asked 2 of my colleagues who recently got their PR Approved regarding this. Both if them saying that they didn't get those email during their waiting period before.

Hoping to hear good news. Thanks in advance.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37617
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:26 pm

Where is your wife? Singapore or Malaysia, If in Malaysia, why. If here, why wasn't she included in the application originally?

FusaruTachibana
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 12:57 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by FusaruTachibana » Sun, 27 Dec 2020 12:45 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:26 pm
Where is your wife? Singapore or Malaysia, If in Malaysia, why. If here, why wasn't she included in the application originally?
My wife and daughter residing at Johor Bahru. She is a housewife, taking part time MSc in Engineering at UTM Skudai.

Going back home only during my offdays. My job requires me to stay inside SG, so its easier for my employer to activate me when needed.

harpD
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 1:07 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by harpD » Sun, 27 Dec 2020 2:48 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 6:22 pm
harpD wrote:
Sat, 26 Dec 2020 1:15 am
Hi All,

Some great inputs in this thread.
Looking for some input on the probability of my 4th application:

Age : 34
Race : Indian
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married.
Kids: No
Religion : Sikh
Education : Bachelors of Technology
Spouse Education: Bachelors of Technology
Industry: Banking
Current Field of Work : Data Management (role spans between business and IT)
Total work experience: 11+ years
Length of stay : 6 years +
Salary : 135k+
Spouse salary:106k+
Pass : Both on EP

We applied our first PR application in 2018 (nearly after 4 years of working here), rejected in exact 6months time. 2nd and 3rd applications applied 6 months after the rejection letter of 1st and 2nd application respectively.

My wife is planning to pursue her masters from NUS. Would that help in our application? in case it helps, Should we wait until she starts her Masters?

Would be grateful to hear your thoughts.

Thank you
Till she finishes her masters, the masters wont add any value/points to the application. Try improving in career, salary, etc and then reapply. Else, the outcome may be the same.
thank you @singaporeflyer

cosmichorrorfan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 05 Jan 2021 11:31 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by cosmichorrorfan » Tue, 05 Jan 2021 11:39 pm

Hi, had an interesting time reading thru, can please help asses my application as well?

Sex: Male
Age: 27
Country of Origin: Russia
Race: Caucasian
Marital Status: Married to Singaporean last year (2020)
Kids: Expecting a child
Length of stay: 6years this Jan
Education: MSc Management from NUS; Bachelor from Russia Top Finance Uni
Job: 4 years in local Fintech company (since inception, one of the first employees)
Salary: 60k+ base
Pass: EP
Tax: 3 years paid (first year was exempted)

I have referral letters to show my commitment at work and integration in society from my boss (CEO of fintech company), family and friends, who are Singaporeans.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ProvenPracticalFlexible, Thunder2021 and 14 guests