Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval probability 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by TropicalExpat » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 1:23 pm

deebidee wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:41 am
Hi, my wife and I applied for the 2nd time recently and was wondering what are chances are this time around,

Age : 36
Nationality : PH
Ethnicity: Chinese
Gender : Male
Marital Status : Married (1 year 10 months)
Religion : Catholic
Education : Bachelor of Science
Current Field of Work : Architecture
Length of Experience: 12 years
Length of stay : 12 years
No of tax returns : 12
Salary :90k/year
Pass : EP

Wife,
Age : 32
Nationality : PH
Ethnicity: Filipino
Religion : Catholic
Education : Bachelor of Arts
Current Field of Work : UX/UI
Length of Experience: 8 years
Length of stay : 6 years
No of tax returns : 6
Salary :84k/year
Pass : EP
Ethnicity is in your favour, but not in your wife's. Salary is probably ok for your ethnicity, and length of stay is long enough.

Times are tough for applications but good luck!

Milquetoaster
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 1:55 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by Milquetoaster » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 9:02 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 9:13 am
Milquetoaster wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 2:03 am
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the replies, I've learned a lot.
I'm curious what you all think about my chances:

Nationality: USA
Race: Chinese (born in China)
Early 30s, non-religious, married earlier this year to a EP holder
Salary: 200k/yr
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Have been in Singapore for ~2.5 years. 11 years of experience in my field.

Thanks for looking!
What is your spouse's ethnicity? Are they working?
What industry are you/they in?
Spouse details:
Nationality: USA
Ethnicity: Eurasian
Not currently working, but was on an EP until recently.

We are both in the software engineering industry, and both hold senior/senior+ titles.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by TropicalExpat » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:23 pm

I'm not sure about the software engineering as it seems very generic but I think on your own merits you should be able to get PR.
Right ethnic group (this is the biggest plus)
Decent salary

It's your spouse I'm not sure about ... if you were both working, I would say it's likely, but if your spouse isn't working, it might be tougher ... These times are difficult for Singapore so they would likely be trying to get those who contribute taxes LOL

I think you should still apply ...

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:04 pm

Milquetoaster wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 9:02 pm
TropicalExpat wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 9:13 am
Milquetoaster wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 2:03 am
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the replies, I've learned a lot.
I'm curious what you all think about my chances:

Nationality: USA
Race: Chinese (born in China)
Early 30s, non-religious, married earlier this year to a EP holder
Salary: 200k/yr
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Have been in Singapore for ~2.5 years. 11 years of experience in my field.

Thanks for looking!
What is your spouse's ethnicity? Are they working?
What industry are you/they in?
Spouse details:
Nationality: USA
Ethnicity: Eurasian
Not currently working, but was on an EP until recently.

We are both in the software engineering industry, and both hold senior/senior+ titles.
Did you get american citizenship by naturalization? If so, your chance for PR is low.

Milquetoaster
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 1:55 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by Milquetoaster » Tue, 01 Sep 2020 9:59 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:23 pm
I'm not sure about the software engineering as it seems very generic but I think on your own merits you should be able to get PR.
Right ethnic group (this is the biggest plus)
Decent salary

It's your spouse I'm not sure about ... if you were both working, I would say it's likely, but if your spouse isn't working, it might be tougher ... These times are difficult for Singapore so they would likely be trying to get those who contribute taxes LOL

I think you should still apply ...
I just applied! Thanks for the encouraging words, I'll keep my fingers crossed for my spouse 😅

Milquetoaster
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 1:55 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by Milquetoaster » Tue, 01 Sep 2020 10:00 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:04 pm
Milquetoaster wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 9:02 pm
TropicalExpat wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 9:13 am


What is your spouse's ethnicity? Are they working?
What industry are you/they in?
Spouse details:
Nationality: USA
Ethnicity: Eurasian
Not currently working, but was on an EP until recently.

We are both in the software engineering industry, and both hold senior/senior+ titles.
Did you get american citizenship by naturalization? If so, your chance for PR is low.
Interesting, why would that be?
I was naturalized as a US citizen as a child, if that changes anything.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 01 Sep 2020 10:15 pm

Milquetoaster wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 11:04 pm
Milquetoaster wrote:
Mon, 31 Aug 2020 9:02 pm
Spouse details:
Nationality: USA
Ethnicity: Eurasian
Not currently working, but was on an EP until recently.

We are both in the software engineering industry, and both hold senior/senior+ titles.
Did you get american citizenship by naturalization? If so, your chance for PR is low.
Interesting, why would that be?
I was naturalized as a US citizen as a child, if that changes anything.
General view is that PR is a stepping stone to citizenship. But you’re a naturalised American and are unlikely to give up your US passport to take up SC ultimately. So the gahmen might as well give the PR spot to someone who is more likely to take up SC.

Unless the gahmen thinks that you are so valuable that it must offer you PR to entice you to stay and convert to SC eventually.

Infops
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 9:55 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by Infops » Tue, 01 Sep 2020 10:22 pm

Hello All ,
I would appreciate if you give me some advise ,
My PR has been rejected 3 times and 4th one is in progress . Profile details

Indian working on EP
Software engineer
Salary - 10600 per month fix + aws (1 month salary) + bonus
9.6 years have been working in Singapore

Wife working on EP
Salary - 6300 + aws + bonus
5 years she has been in Singapore

Baby girl born in SG in 2019.

First time I applied with my wife in 2017
Second time I applied with wife in 2018
Third time applied with wife n baby girl in 2019
Now applied in may 2020 with wife n my baby girl .

Pls advise me if I have any chance to get the PR, we want to settle down in SG only but disappointed not getting the PR.

Thanks in advance

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

PR approval probability 2020

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 01 Sep 2020 10:37 pm

Infops wrote:Hello All ,
I would appreciate if you give me some advise ,
My PR has been rejected 3 times and 4th one is in progress . Profile details

Indian working on EP
Software engineer
Salary - 10600 per month fix + aws (1 month salary) + bonus
9.6 years have been working in Singapore

Wife working on EP
Salary - 6300 + aws + bonus
5 years she has been in Singapore

Baby girl born in SG in 2019.

First time I applied with my wife in 2017
Second time I applied with wife in 2018
Third time applied with wife n baby girl in 2019
Now applied in may 2020 with wife n my baby girl .

Pls advise me if I have any chance to get the PR, we want to settle down in SG only but disappointed not getting the PR.

Thanks in advance
So what significant changes were there at each application? Save for the birth of your daughter and her inclusion in the 2019 application?

After 3 rejections in as many years, I’m afraid the writing is already on the wall.

Never try, never know. It’s like buying Toto, if you don’t buy, you won’t strike. All you stand to lose is $300. So good luck.

Infops
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 9:55 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by Infops » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 12:11 am

Thanks for your reply , I know few people who got the PR in 5th attempt ,
The only constant change was my salary every year except my daughter. I have been in the same job n been with the same company ever since I started applying for PR.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by TropicalExpat » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 7:12 am

Infops wrote:
Wed, 02 Sep 2020 12:11 am
Thanks for your reply , I know few people who got the PR in 5th attempt ,
The only constant change was my salary every year except my daughter. I have been in the same job n been with the same company ever since I started applying for PR.
What industry are you both working in?

Infops
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 9:55 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by Infops » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 9:11 am

Me n my wife both working in IT

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by TropicalExpat » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 10:15 am

Infops wrote:
Wed, 02 Sep 2020 9:11 am
Me n my wife both working in IT
IT is too generic a description. What specifically do you do?

Infops
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 9:55 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by Infops » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 12:02 pm

I am Software engineer working for financial institution, n my wife is also software engineer working in educational sector

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Director
Director
Posts: 3173
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 12:38 pm

Infops wrote:
Wed, 02 Sep 2020 12:02 pm
I am Software engineer working for financial institution, n my wife is also software engineer working in educational sector
Chance will be less than 10% if you are a normal software engineer. I think they will be looking for some specialization, some one who can lead teams, do something in machine learning, AI, big data and cyber security.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests