Singapore Expats

PR approval probability 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 14 Nov 2020 11:40 am

GoldenAir wrote:
Sat, 14 Nov 2020 12:04 am
sohappysg wrote:
Fri, 13 Nov 2020 10:09 pm
Hi all. Would like to ask a question what does it mean that someone's PR application will flow under "Others"? Is it the one where European Caucasian are being defined and how does impact the application?

Also the other question is:
If I learn Chinese does it matter to aplication?
Others mean your race is not Chinese or Malay I believe. Everyone else is under Others, making that category extremely competitive due to much lower chance of success in terms of quota.

Learning Chinese may demo your commitment to integrate, so why not? (you may need to show a certificate of some sort to prove level of proficiency though). Having said that, do things for the right reason, not just for an application. Thats when it works best. Just like volunteering - it has been overused to the point it’s no longer helpful in applications. However, if you have a consistent track record of volunteering for, say >5 yrs it’s still worth mentioning.
Others is those who are not under Chinese, Malay, Indian.

Learning Chinese may not add points immediately. There are many others factors that will be considered.

sohappysg

Post by sohappysg » Sat, 14 Nov 2020 1:53 pm

Thanks for the answers😉
I started Chinese long before thinking of PR application so should only help, not harm😉

GoldenAir

Post by GoldenAir » Sat, 14 Nov 2020 3:20 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 14 Nov 2020 11:40 am
GoldenAir wrote:
Sat, 14 Nov 2020 12:04 am
sohappysg wrote:
Fri, 13 Nov 2020 10:09 pm
Hi all. Would like to ask a question what does it mean that someone's PR application will flow under "Others"? Is it the one where European Caucasian are being defined and how does impact the application?

Also the other question is:
If I learn Chinese does it matter to aplication?
Others mean your race is not Chinese or Malay I believe. Everyone else is under Others, making that category extremely competitive due to much lower chance of success in terms of quota.

Learning Chinese may demo your commitment to integrate, so why not? (you may need to show a certificate of some sort to prove level of proficiency though). Having said that, do things for the right reason, not just for an application. Thats when it works best. Just like volunteering - it has been overused to the point it’s no longer helpful in applications. However, if you have a consistent track record of volunteering for, say >5 yrs it’s still worth mentioning.
Others is those who are not under Chinese, Malay, Indian.

Learning Chinese may not add points immediately. There are many others factors that will be considered.
We always talk about “there are many factors”, then why cant this be one of those factors? None of us knows for sure, but learning one of the main languages to a certain level of proficiency is beneficial anyway, whether for the application or just integrating into life here in general. Same as volunteering, ICA can surely differentiate between people who have been doing for a long time and people who signed up just before the application submission...It doesnt mean we should ignore/not mention volunteering altogether. Just present your authentic self and see if it ticks any boxes. :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 14 Nov 2020 5:08 pm

First check to see if there are applicable boxes you can :-k tick.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

thomas_et

Post by thomas_et » Fri, 27 Nov 2020 4:04 pm

Hi all,

I am hoping to get some help with my probability of getting approval, as I am planning to apply for PR (first time!)

Nationality: Spanish
Race: Caucasian
Religion: Freethinker / no religion
Education: Master degree in Mathematics
Duration of stay: 2 years
Job: Data scientist
Salary: $210K annually
Currently EP holder

Thanks in advance for your help!

dhruv.kb

Post by dhruv.kb » Sat, 28 Nov 2020 11:03 am

Hi all, what do you think of my application approval chance? Submitting Dec 2020.

27 years old single male, INDIAN
Have been living in Singapore for 9 years (6 years student pass and 3 years SP)
Bachelor with honours In Arts (Interior Design) + Diploma Event Management + Basic Mandarin
Interior designer
Gross salary 55k
with 2 years of NOA

Applied for PR in Nov 2019, rejected in may 2020.
Submitting again in Dec 2020 (with change in salary and position)

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TropicalExpat » Sun, 29 Nov 2020 9:51 am

dhruv.kb wrote:
Sat, 28 Nov 2020 11:03 am
Hi all, what do you think of my application approval chance? Submitting Dec 2020.

27 years old single male, INDIAN
Have been living in Singapore for 9 years (6 years student pass and 3 years SP)
Bachelor with honours In Arts (Interior Design) + Diploma Event Management + Basic Mandarin
Interior designer
Gross salary 55k
with 2 years of NOA

Applied for PR in Nov 2019, rejected in may 2020.
Submitting again in Dec 2020 (with change in salary and position)

I'm sorry to say but I would think you'd have a low chance
Salary is against you, and degree and industry is something that Singaporeans can do quite easily.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter

Post by TropicalExpat » Sun, 29 Nov 2020 9:54 am

thomas_et wrote:
Fri, 27 Nov 2020 4:04 pm
Hi all,

I am hoping to get some help with my probability of getting approval, as I am planning to apply for PR (first time!)

Nationality: Spanish
Race: Caucasian
Religion: Freethinker / no religion
Education: Master degree in Mathematics
Duration of stay: 2 years
Job: Data scientist
Salary: $210K annually
Currently EP holder

Thanks in advance for your help!
Your job is probably going to be in high demand. However, you are still competing against the "other" race groups who are earning way more than you or those who are married to locals.
You would likely need to stay in Singapore for a couple more years before you would have a successful application.
Nevertheless, given your salary, it won't break the bank to apply so I would just go ahead and give it a shot!

thomas_et

Post by thomas_et » Tue, 01 Dec 2020 4:09 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Sun, 29 Nov 2020 9:54 am
Your job is probably going to be in high demand. However, you are still competing against the "other" race groups who are earning way more than you or those who are married to locals.
You would likely need to stay in Singapore for a couple more years before you would have a successful application.
Nevertheless, given your salary, it won't break the bank to apply so I would just go ahead and give it a shot!
Thanks for your advice.

Could you tell me more about the other race groups earning way more than me?
I know Singapore average salary is high but I didn't expect a specific race group to have earn more than me in average.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 01 Dec 2020 4:38 pm

Thanks for your advice.

Could you tell me more about the other race groups earning way more than me?
I know Singapore average salary is high but I didn't expect a specific race group to have earn more than me in average.
I think you misunderstood what he said. He's basically referring to the 4 racial categories here. Chinese, Malay, Indians and "others". Basically the government wants to maintain the racial ratio. Which means that someone who's Chinese stands the best chance to get a PR which is a stepping stone to citizenship. Others is the smallest bucket and comprises many different races including a ton who are highly paid. They are your competition.

Rest assured that you are up against stiff competition including people who have "integrated" by marrying locals and hence are viewed more favorably.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 01 Dec 2020 10:50 pm

510098rpk wrote:
Tue, 04 Aug 2020 5:31 pm
Hi Friends,
I would like to know about my chance to get Singapore PR.

Myself - main applicant / India passport /Age (Early 30's) / Married / 1 Kid
Education: Master deg from NTU, Bachelor deg from India
Work- Local MNC (Engg. Services)
Pay- 70k + Bonus
Pass- EP
Time in Singapore- 7 Years (1.6 years in overseas between)

My wife - Not working now / India passport /Age (late 20's)
Education- Masters (India)
Work Yrs in SG- 0
Work Yrs in India- 2
Time in Singapore- 2 Years

Kid age-1.5 Years

Thank you!
Chance is going to be low.

1.6 years in overseas between - were you working overseas?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Dec 2020 2:26 am

When was the 1.6 years worked overseas? Actual working time in Singapore will be from when you returned from your overseas stint unless you were working for a Singapore Company overseas.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dhruv.kb

Post by dhruv.kb » Mon, 07 Dec 2020 6:32 pm

Hi Friends,

Anyone facing same problem ? Filling out E-PR System
(Educational and immigration details getting disorganised by itself )

Hi am currently filling out the E-PR Application and iv'e lived in singapore for over 10 years in at least 6 locations hence filling immigration details (Address lived in last 10 yrs more than 6 months). Even though i have been filling them up in chronological order the addresses are disorganising itself on E-PR system . i've tried to enter and save one by one but it is still not working

should i email ICA About this issue or is it ok to submit since i have already mentioned the MM/YY even though it is disorganised ?

anyhelp would be appreciated , thanks in advance

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 07 Dec 2020 7:29 pm

dhruv.kb wrote:
Mon, 07 Dec 2020 6:32 pm
Hi Friends,

Hi am currently filling out the E-PR Application and iv'e lived in singapore for over 10 years in at least 6 locations hence filling immigration details (Address lived in last 10 yrs more than 6 months). Even though i have been filling them up in chronological order the addresses are disorganising itself on E-PR system . i've tried to enter and save one by one but it is still not working

should i email ICA About this issue or is it ok to submit since i have already mentioned the MM/YY even though it is disorganised ?

Try from another browser?

simple_guy
Regular
Regular

Post by simple_guy » Mon, 07 Dec 2020 11:01 pm

dhruv.kb wrote:
Mon, 07 Dec 2020 6:32 pm
Hi Friends,

Whatever browser you choose, All information that you have keyed in will be auto-arranged by the ePR system, it will not affect the submission.