PR approval probability 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mystic_river
Regular
Regular
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 2:20 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by mystic_river » Mon, 25 Jan 2021 2:42 pm

Back in the days when it was optional for you to allow them to view your past 2 (or was it 3?) years NOAs/CPF contribution dara, if you opted out of it, you’d need to manually provide your past 2 NOAs/CPF contribution. Nowadays they don’t even give you the option/ask for NOAs since all of the govt systems are now all integrated and they have access to it by default.

However, in documents submission, they specifically ask for a letter from your employer stating your basic and gross salary per month.

I guess in the end all we can do is guess (I’m obviously asking because my salary structure does heavily rely on commission + AWS)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38301
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 2
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Jan 2021 2:59 pm

As you know, we are all guessing here. But we generally guess based on heaps of anecdotal evidence gathered over the years and it holds us in good stead. As you noted, they already have access to all the combined government databases and when you sign the applications you are giving technical permission for the relevant ministry to access the other ministries data. however, depending on how the IR8A's were filed, I could see how they might want a current letter breaking down the income into it's relevant bits as this would allow them to see how consistent your earnings vrs bonuses were for a couple preceding years. (I used to have to do that down to a monthly bases in the cases of Workmen's Compensation cases. Income had to be broken down to basic and OT/Allowances, etc.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

IsabelTan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 9:38 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by IsabelTan » Tue, 26 Jan 2021 8:41 am

Ohggassi wrote:
Sun, 24 Jan 2021 6:23 pm
Hi all!!

Would like to give back to this community as I’ve been following PR approval/application thread in this forum for awhile since June 2020 when we submitted our PR application!

Login the ICA portal today and saw that the status changed to approved! :D

Anyway previously read some thread about what @jun-jie.gan posted of the “dropdown to 'Submit requested documents” it was the same thing for us too! So when we realised the box was gone we had hope it will be the same thing as what @jun-jie.gan posted! After 2 weeks he received his approval~ so we was hoping in 2 weeks time we can know our application status too!

18 April 2020 - ROM

5 June 2020 - Submitted e-PR application

11 Jan 2021 - Realised the box to submit requested documents was gone (we checked the status once a day after 4 months of application)

After the box was gone, we check almost every hour for this 2 longggggggggg week 😂

24 Jan 2021 - ICA portal status changed to approved!

So it was exactly 2 weeks after the box disappear to know the results, wow!

Our profile~

Applied under spouse sponsorship, no child.

Female:
Singaporean
1994 Year
Income SGD37,800/annual
Office Administrator
Local diploma holder

Male:
South Korean
1990 Year
Income SGD61,600/annual
Manufacturing Engineer
Bachelor degree obtained in one of a South Korea’s university.
First job in Singapore till current (throughout same company) been holding SPass since 2013.

Hope all the info helps for those who intend to apply PR! :)

Hi Ohggassi,

When the status on ICA website changed to approved, is there a email notification sent to you? I remember when I applied for my daughter’s citizenship, it was approved within days and there was a trigger sent to my email to check the update.

The submit documents option has also disappeared in my husband Pr application. I think we will know the outcome soon. Fingers crossed.

Thunder2021
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 9:05 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by Thunder2021 » Tue, 26 Jan 2021 9:10 am

Hi Experts, I have few questions regarding to the PR application

1. The PR consultant(paid service) will help to write the 3500 characters major achievement in the employment section, does that help?
2. Will buy a condo here help to increase the chance to get PR?
3. How ICA evaluate the integration of applicants in Singapore?

Ohggassi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 5:48 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by Ohggassi » Tue, 26 Jan 2021 9:28 am

IsabelTan wrote:
Tue, 26 Jan 2021 8:41 am
Ohggassi wrote:
Sun, 24 Jan 2021 6:23 pm
Hi all!!

Would like to give back to this community as I’ve been following PR approval/application thread in this forum for awhile since June 2020 when we submitted our PR application!

Login the ICA portal today and saw that the status changed to approved! :D

Anyway previously read some thread about what @jun-jie.gan posted of the “dropdown to 'Submit requested documents” it was the same thing for us too! So when we realised the box was gone we had hope it will be the same thing as what @jun-jie.gan posted! After 2 weeks he received his approval~ so we was hoping in 2 weeks time we can know our application status too!

18 April 2020 - ROM

5 June 2020 - Submitted e-PR application

11 Jan 2021 - Realised the box to submit requested documents was gone (we checked the status once a day after 4 months of application)

After the box was gone, we check almost every hour for this 2 longggggggggg week 😂

24 Jan 2021 - ICA portal status changed to approved!

So it was exactly 2 weeks after the box disappear to know the results, wow!

Our profile~

Applied under spouse sponsorship, no child.

Female:
Singaporean
1994 Year
Income SGD37,800/annual
Office Administrator
Local diploma holder

Male:
South Korean
1990 Year
Income SGD61,600/annual
Manufacturing Engineer
Bachelor degree obtained in one of a South Korea’s university.
First job in Singapore till current (throughout same company) been holding SPass since 2013.

Hope all the info helps for those who intend to apply PR! :)

Hi Ohggassi,

When the status on ICA website changed to approved, is there a email notification sent to you? I remember when I applied for my daughter’s citizenship, it was approved within days and there was a trigger sent to my email to check the update.

The submit documents option has also disappeared in my husband Pr application. I think we will know the outcome soon. Fingers crossed.
Hi Isabel,

Nope there wasn't any email from ICA to me nor my husband, but yesterday we check our mailbox there was a letter from ICA informing about PR approval and all the necessary to prepare for the appointment~

That's great! Hope to hear good news from you soon! :D

twolevelforty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 4:45 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by twolevelforty » Tue, 16 Feb 2021 12:39 am

Hello everyone,
I am trying to assess the possibility of my PR application which I plan to make shortly in the next few months.

Nationality : Indian
Age : 34
Experience : 14 years total (10 years in SG, 4 years in India)
Specialization : Senior Software Engineer in US Manufacturing company
Salary : 110K SGD basic + 20% bonus
Ethnicity : South Indian Tamil
Education : Engineering Bachelors from a reputed university in India
Family : Married with 4 kids
3 times applied and rejected in 2014, 2016 and 2019

Thanks for your comments in advance.
Last edited by twolevelforty on Tue, 16 Feb 2021 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 16 Feb 2021 9:22 am

twolevelforty wrote:
Tue, 16 Feb 2021 12:39 am
Hello everyone,
I am trying to assess the possibility of my PR application which I plan to make shortly in the next few months.

Nationality : Indian
Age : 34
Experience : 14 years total (10 years in SG, 4 years in India)
Specialization : Senior Software Engineer in US Manufacturing company
Salary : 110K SGD basic + 20% bonus
Ethnicity : South Indian Tamil
Education : Engineering Bachelors from a reputed university in India
Family : Married with 4 kids
3 times applied and rejected in 2014, 2016 and 2019

Thanks for your comments in advance.
May not be easy. What has changed in the application compared to 2019? If salary and is a significant increase, then you may try applying once and see.

twolevelforty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 4:45 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by twolevelforty » Thu, 18 Feb 2021 10:44 pm

Salary also changed, so let me try to apply once again and see.
Thanks for your reply @singaporeflyer

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 38301
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 2
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Feb 2021 10:56 am

Unless Salary changed by at least 20% it's not likely to make much of a difference in the outcome. Good luck.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

twolevelforty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 4:45 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by twolevelforty » Fri, 19 Feb 2021 1:35 pm

Thanks for your reply.
If you mean from the last application, yes It would be.
Hope it would make some difference this time, as I plan to give up applying if not or perhaps try through some agency one last time afterwards if rejected.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 19 Feb 2021 4:15 pm

twolevelforty wrote:
Fri, 19 Feb 2021 1:35 pm
Thanks for your reply.
If you mean from the last application, yes It would be.
Hope it would make some difference this time, as I plan to give up applying if not or perhaps try through some agency one last time afterwards if rejected.
I would suggest that there is no special advantage of applying through an agency

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by the observer » Fri, 19 Feb 2021 5:44 pm

Just be mindful that your chances are around 10% on the average, with or without the agency.

For what it’s worth, even at the odds of 1:13 million, I’d still go for it. That’s every Mon and Thurs.

By the way, is your wife working? If not, your household income per pax is rather low for your ethnic group, given that you have 4 kids.

blessedbee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 10:05 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by blessedbee » Sat, 20 Feb 2021 11:11 am

what is the special about Mon and Thurs @the Observer?

the observer
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by the observer » Sat, 20 Feb 2021 2:09 pm

Toto :D

grantyl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 2:46 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by grantyl » Mon, 22 Feb 2021 2:52 am

Hi everyone, was wondering what are my PR chances, applied last year in Aug 2020.

Age : 29
Race : PH Chinese
Gender : Female
Marital Status : Single
Religion : Catholic
Education : Bachelors of Legal Mgt, top 3 University in PH
Current Field of Work : Legal
Length of stay : 3.5 years
No of tax return : 3
Salary : 150k
Pass : EP

Thanks in advance!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests