Singapore Expats

PR approval probability 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jan 2021 1:12 am

As only your base salary is used for purposes of PR Applications, I think you will still have problems as the current base salary for an EP is 4.5K/mo. As one gets more experience the MOM feels that salaries should go up commensurately. You might find it difficult to even obtain a renewal on your EP unless your salary shows some improvement. Bonuses and/or commission are not taken into accoun as these are flexible and not basic salary. For your education, I'd say your salary is quite low after 4 years with the company. If the company is not doing well enough to pay you, then it is also a possibility that MOM/ICA will know the company is not in good shape and that may hamper it as well. Additionally, you are competing in the "Others" category which makes it even harder. I wish I had a better outlook, but it is what it is. If applying under the Family Ties scheme, you will need to be married at least 2 years before you stand a chance using that route.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

cosmichorrorfan

Post by cosmichorrorfan » Wed, 06 Jan 2021 1:37 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 06 Jan 2021 1:12 am
As only your base salary is used for purposes of PR Applications, I think you will still have problems as the current base salary for an EP is 4.5K/mo. As one gets more experience the MOM feels that salaries should go up commensurately. You might find it difficult to even obtain a renewal on your EP unless your salary shows some improvement. Bonuses and/or commission are not taken into accoun as these are flexible and not basic salary. For your education, I'd say your salary is quite low after 4 years with the company. If the company is not doing well enough to pay you, then it is also a possibility that MOM/ICA will know the company is not in good shape and that may hamper it as well. Additionally, you are competing in the "Others" category which makes it even harder. I wish I had a better outlook, but it is what it is. If applying under the Family Ties scheme, you will need to be married at least 2 years before you stand a chance using that route.
Big thanks for your input! Understand that salary level is quite low, but now is practically impossible to find a significantly higher salary job, esp when you are a foreigner.
It's a startup company, so there is an issue of not paying much to employees due to the nature of such companies

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 06 Jan 2021 9:54 am

cosmichorrorfan wrote:
Tue, 05 Jan 2021 11:39 pm
Hi, had an interesting time reading thru, can please help asses my application as well?

Sex: Male
Country of Origin: Russia
Race: Caucasian
Marital Status: Married to Singaporean last year (2020)
Kids: Expecting a child
Length of stay: 6years this Jan
Education: MSc Management from NUS; Bachelor from Russia Top Finance Uni
Job: 4 years in local Fintech company (since inception, one of the first employees)
Salary: 60k+ base
Pass: EP
Tax: 3 years paid (first year was exempted)

I have referral letters to show my commitment at work and integration in society from my boss (CEO of fintech company), family and friends, who are Singaporeans.
Apply after 2 years of marriage.

peteadmin

Post by peteadmin » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 5:12 pm

Hi All. I am going to apply for PR for the first time this year.

Profile:
Job: Data Engineer
Nationality: Vietnamese
Length of stay in Singapore: 6 years
Working in Singapore: 2 years
Annual salary: S$70,000 (EP P1 Holder)
Serving the Tuition Grant bond with MOE Singapore till 08/2023
Qualifications: Master Degree in NUS and Bachelor Degree in another university in Singapore
Letter from my company (an MNC with head office in Germany)

Please help advise my chance of getting PR approval. Thanks All 🙏

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 5:47 pm

peteadmin wrote:
Sun, 10 Jan 2021 5:12 pm
Hi All. I am going to apply for PR for the first time this year.

Profile:
Job: Data Engineer
Nationality: Vietnamese
Length of stay in Singapore: 6 years
Working in Singapore: 2 years
Annual salary: S$70,000 (EP P1 Holder)
Serving the Tuition Grant bond with MOE Singapore till 08/2023
Qualifications: Master Degree in NUS and Bachelor Degree in another university in Singapore
Letter from my company (an MNC with head office in Germany)

Please help advise my chance of getting PR approval. Thanks All 🙏
P1? Are you Sure?

Chance is going to be very low till you finish serving the Tuition grant

unicorn1991

Post by unicorn1991 » Wed, 20 Jan 2021 6:00 pm

-
Last edited by unicorn1991 on Fri, 22 Jan 2021 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

unicorn1991

Post by unicorn1991 » Wed, 20 Jan 2021 6:49 pm

-

Ohggassi

Post by Ohggassi » Sun, 24 Jan 2021 6:23 pm

Hi all!!

Would like to give back to this community as I’ve been following PR approval/application thread in this forum for awhile since June 2020 when we submitted our PR application!

Login the ICA portal today and saw that the status changed to approved! :D

Anyway previously read some thread about what @jun-jie.gan posted of the “dropdown to 'Submit requested documents” it was the same thing for us too! So when we realised the box was gone we had hope it will be the same thing as what @jun-jie.gan posted! After 2 weeks he received his approval~ so we was hoping in 2 weeks time we can know our application status too!

18 April 2020 - ROM

5 June 2020 - Submitted e-PR application

11 Jan 2021 - Realised the box to submit requested documents was gone (we checked the status once a day after 4 months of application)

After the box was gone, we check almost every hour for this 2 longggggggggg week 😂

24 Jan 2021 - ICA portal status changed to approved!

So it was exactly 2 weeks after the box disappear to know the results, wow!

Our profile~

Applied under spouse sponsorship, no child.

Female:
Singaporean
1994 Year
Income SGD37,800/annual
Office Administrator
Local diploma holder

Male:
South Korean
1990 Year
Income SGD61,600/annual
Manufacturing Engineer
Bachelor degree obtained in one of a South Korea’s university.
First job in Singapore till current (throughout same company) been holding SPass since 2013.

Hope all the info helps for those who intend to apply PR! :)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 24 Jan 2021 7:13 pm

Ohggassi wrote:
Sun, 24 Jan 2021 6:23 pm
Hi all!!

Would like to give back to this community as I’ve been following PR approval/application thread in this forum for awhile since June 2020 when we submitted our PR application!

Anyway previously read some thread about what @jun-jie.gan posted of the “dropdown to 'Submit requested documents” it was the same thing for us too! So when we realised the box was gone we had hope it will be the same thing as what @jun-jie.gan posted! After 2 weeks he received his approval~ so we was hoping in 2 weeks time we can know our application status too!

18 April 2020 - ROM

11 Jan 2021 - Realised the box to submit requested documents was gone (we checked the status once a day after 4 months of application)

After the box was gone, we check almost every hour for this 2 longggggggggg week 😂

Our profile~

Female:
Singaporean
1994 Year
Income SGD37,800/annual
Office Administrator
Local diploma holder

Male:
South Korean
1990 Year
Income SGD61,600/annual
Manufacturing Engineer
First job in Singapore till current (throughout same company) been holding SPass since 2013.

Little surprised as the sponsorship has worked even with less than 2 years of marriage.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 24 Jan 2021 7:54 pm

I reckon her being SGC and him Korean Degree holder, ICA would have seen the potential loss of a baby oven if they married and immigrated to Korea to have children as they wouldn't have to get SGC for the children if in Korea. I think ICA is playing a hunch and probably not wrong either. In any case, congratulations.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Ohggassi

Post by Ohggassi » Sun, 24 Jan 2021 8:44 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 24 Jan 2021 7:13 pm
Ohggassi wrote:
Sun, 24 Jan 2021 6:23 pm
Hi all!!

18 April 2020 - ROM

Our profile~

Female:
Singaporean
1994 Year
Income SGD37,800/annual
Office Administrator
Local diploma holder

Male:
South Korean
1990 Year
Income SGD61,600/annual
Manufacturing Engineer

Little surprised as the sponsorship has worked even with less than 2 years of marriage.
Yes we’re surprised too after going through all the advise in this forum that we might not make it!! (But that was after we submitted our e-Pr application and we found this forum). I have a colleague whom was married to a Chinese man in 2018, they applied e-pr as well after 6 months of ROM, and they got it at the 3 month of waiting~
So yeah~

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Mon, 25 Jan 2021 8:41 am

Wed, 06 Jan 2021 1:12 am
Just wondering but what about SC applications? Is only your base salary considered for purposes of SC application or do they consider bonus/commission too?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Jan 2021 2:06 pm

Basic Salary, but a lot of other stuff comes into play, all of which, obviously we can only surmise. Probably things we haven't even thought about. Bonuses and commissions can be gone in a flash. That is why those things are never considered for any of the applications. Even EP applications want to know the basic salary only, regardless if the position is sales or other KPI indicators.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Mon, 25 Jan 2021 2:11 pm

Mon, 25 Jan 2021 2:06 pm
Basic Salary, but a lot of other stuff comes into play, all of which, obviously we can only surmise. Probably things we haven't even thought about. Bonuses and commissions can be gone in a flash. That is why those things are never considered for any of the applications. Even EP applications want to know the basic salary only, regardless if the position is sales or other KPI indicators.
I see. I asked because for SC application they actually ask for both basic and gross salary (includes bonus and comm) so I thought it held some weight.

I figured maybe they apply the rule of undercutting your bonus by 30% and take that + your base as the final amount (something banks in Singapore do for loan amount calculation)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Jan 2021 2:35 pm

I suppose anything is possible. Does the SGC application ask for several years of income data? If so, then yeah, I could understand it, but otherwise....... unless of course your bonus is fixed like the old AWS was, then it should be considered. I've never applied for SGC so I am a bit lost on the application itself. Been a PR for over a quarter of a century, however. Maybe they should give me SGC for stayin' power!