Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval probability 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 10:31 am

novaandbong wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 2:33 am
Hi all, I would hope to hear about my chance

Myself (main applicant) - first time applicant

Country of Origin: VN
Ethnicity: VN
Education: NUS High School (4 years), NTU (4 years)
Age: late 20s
Married: Yes 3 years
Kids: No
Work Yrs in SG: Total 5 yrs - 4 times paying tax
Work: tech - big foreign MNC
Pay: 115k base, over 200k gross
Pass: Student Pass then EP
Time in Singapore: 14 years

My husband: - second time applicant. Tried a couple of years back but was rejected, likely due to low pay
Country of Origin: VN
Ethnicity: VN
Education: ACS(I) (4 years), NTU (4 years)
Age: late 20s
Work Yrs in SG: Total 5 yrs - 4 times paying tax
Work: Insurance underwriter - big foreign MNC
Pay: 90k base, 110k gross
Pass: Student Pass then EP
Time in Singapore: 13 years

Thank you!
You have nothing to lose. Apply as a family with you as the main applicant and hope for the best.

novaandbong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat, 04 Jul 2020 2:23 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by novaandbong » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 1:34 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 8:41 am
novaandbong wrote:Hi all, I would hope to hear about my chance

Myself (main applicant) - first time applicant

Country of Origin: VN
Ethnicity: VN
Education: NUS High School (4 years), NTU (4 years)
Age: late 20s
Married: Yes 3 years
Kids: No
Work Yrs in SG: Total 5 yrs - 4 times paying tax
Work: tech - big foreign MNC
Pay: 115k base, over 200k gross
Pass: Student Pass then EP
Time in Singapore: 14 years

My husband: - second time applicant. Tried a couple of years back but was rejected, likely due to low pay
Country of Origin: VN
Ethnicity: VN
Education: ACS(I) (4 years), NTU (4 years)
Age: late 20s
Work Yrs in SG: Total 5 yrs - 4 times paying tax
Work: Insurance underwriter - big foreign MNC
Pay: 90k base, 110k gross
Pass: Student Pass then EP
Time in Singapore: 13 years

Thank you!
Very good profile - education (more so in local school then uni), married couple, optimal age, length of stay in SG and above average income. If this application came from a Malaysian couple, I think it could probably be approved within 6 months despite the pandemic period we are in.

But, now comes the big but, your nationality and ethnicity are not in your favour, and it’s been the case for a while now. If you are Vietnamese Chinese, your chances may go up a bit. See if SMS replies to this, he’ll be able to provide some insights. That said, you can still go ahead and apply, and see all the positives outweigh the nationality/ethnicity point. And if you do, be prepared for a long ride with ICA.

Good luck, you may need it!
Thank you! We tried our best but ethnicity and nationality are something we can’t change :( I have heard stories about Vietnamese race couldn’t get the PR-ship too, all we can do is to hope. My husband’s Malaysian Chinese colleague with the Same work/similar age/married (but only 2 years in Singapore and no local education), already get their PR...

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by jamie9vardy » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 1:37 pm

novaandbong wrote:Thank you! We tried our best best ethnicity and nationality are something we can’t change :( I have heard stories about Vietnamese race couldn’t get the PR-ship too, all we can do is to hope. My husband’s Malaysian Chinese colleague with the Same work/similar age/married (but only 2 years in Singapore and no local education), already get their PR...
Yes, you got the point.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7205
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 8:50 am

The issue with VN is that essentially you're still communists and on the wrong side of history with Singapore (Singapore voted with and supported the UN action in VN). The only VN that seem to get in are those that can show a link to China.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sqv305
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 06 Jul 2020 1:50 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by sqv305 » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 2:05 pm

hi,

I have been reading this forum for a while till I decided to post my very first question.

May I get some advise on the approval probability for my application please? planning to give it a try next year when PAP win the GE and the economy environment is slightly better.

It will be my second attempt
First one was my application on Nov 2018 and got rejected on Jun 2019 (exact 6 mths) - I was on a contract job last time and apply for my self only, no kid yet.

My self - Main application

Country of Origin: Vietnam
Ethnicity: Vietnamese
Education: B. Cs from Uni in Vietnam
Age: 29
Work Yrs in SG: 5 yrs
NOA: 5
Length of stay in SG: 5 Yrs
Work: IT Engineer - DBS Bank LTD
Pay: Basic 81K
Pass: EP

Attach:
My wife
Country of Origin: Vietnam
Ethnicity: Vietnamese
Education: Degree from Uni in Vietnam
Age: 29
Work Yrs in SG: 1 yr
NOA: 1
Length of stay in SG: 2.5 Yrs
Not working for now, plan to get back to work next year
Pass: DP

My daughter
Country of Origin: Vietnam
Ethnicity: Vietnamese

Age: 7 mths
Pass: DP

Thanks SF, SMS and PNGMK for such dedicated support and valuable explanation case by case.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 4:14 pm

sqv305 wrote:
Mon, 06 Jul 2020 2:05 pm
hi,

I have been reading this forum for a while till I decided to post my very first question.

May I get some advise on the approval probability for my application please? planning to give it a try next year when PAP win the GE and the economy environment is slightly better.

It will be my second attempt
First one was my application on Nov 2018 and got rejected on Jun 2019 (exact 6 mths) - I was on a contract job last time and apply for my self only, no kid yet.

My self - Main application

Country of Origin: Vietnam
Ethnicity: Vietnamese
Education: B. Cs from Uni in Vietnam
Age: 29
Work Yrs in SG: 5 yrs
NOA: 5
Length of stay in SG: 5 Yrs
Work: IT Engineer - DBS Bank LTD
Pay: Basic 81K
Pass: EP

Attach:
My wife
Country of Origin: Vietnam
Ethnicity: Vietnamese
Education: Degree from Uni in Vietnam
Age: 29
Work Yrs in SG: 1 yr
NOA: 1
Length of stay in SG: 2.5 Yrs
Not working for now, plan to get back to work next year
Pass: DP

My daughter
Country of Origin: Vietnam
Ethnicity: Vietnamese

Age: 7 mths
Pass: DP

Thanks SF, SMS and PNGMK for such dedicated support and valuable explanation case by case.
Chance will be low, but you can have a try may be after 1 year.

ai_dai
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 4:47 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by ai_dai » Wed, 08 Jul 2020 4:52 pm

Hello, I know that based on my nationality and race and my time of stay in SG, my chances are quite low. But I want to know how can I improve my chances?

Age: 25
Nationality/Race: Other (Middle Eastern)
Job: SR AI developer (working in high tech AI)
Time of stay in SG: ~1
Salary: ~80+
Education: MSc - non-local degree
Work Exp: 2y+
Other: I have some decent researches and books and patents in my field, would that help?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Jul 2020 5:33 pm

ai_dai wrote:
Wed, 08 Jul 2020 4:52 pm
Hello, I know that based on my nationality and race and my time of stay in SG, my chances are quite low. But I want to know how can I improve my chances?

Age: 25
Nationality/Race: Other (Middle Eastern)
Job: SR AI developer (working in high tech AI)
Time of stay in SG: ~1
Salary: ~80+
Education: MSc - non-local degree
Work Exp: 2y+
Other: I have some decent researches and books and patents in my field, would that help?
Work for 5 years, progress well in your education (continuous learning/upgrades) and also career (with good salary increases) and then try to apply and see. I will not suggest other routes

DC_672491
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 6:24 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by DC_672491 » Wed, 08 Jul 2020 11:16 pm

Post deleted
Last edited by DC_672491 on Thu, 09 Jul 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Jul 2020 11:58 pm

DC_672491 wrote:
Wed, 08 Jul 2020 11:16 pm
Country of origin: USA
Ethnicity: White
Married: Singaporean spouse of 2.5 years
Current visa: LTVP
Job sector: web development IT (self-employed by my company based in the US but have been paying SG taxes as required; I’m hoping this is a + during COVID since I’m not “taking” any local job).
Background: Before getting married I was on an EP for one year
Salary: $120k/year
Age: Mid-30s
Education: Masters Degree
NOA: 3 years of paying taxes

Application sponsored by my wife:
Her job: teacher (MOE)
Her income: $45k/year
Her age: mid 20s
Kids: None yet
We own property here
You may have a chance as you are being sponsored by SC spouse. The only minor issue might be the sponsor's salary is slightly low. But try applying. If rejected, reapply after 2 years

namitadinesh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 2:34 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by namitadinesh » Wed, 29 Jul 2020 2:53 pm

Hi,

I have applied for PR in March 2020 and the following are my details. What do you think my chances are?

Nationality: Indian
Age: 29
Marriage status: Single
Annual Salary: 60k
education: Masters from NUS in Urban Planning
Work: Research Associate at NUS
Duration in Singapore: 2yrs (student pass) + 2 yrs (employment pass)= 4 yrs

Help Much appreciated!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2706
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 29 Jul 2020 7:28 pm

namitadinesh wrote:
Wed, 29 Jul 2020 2:53 pm
Hi,

I have applied for PR in March 2020 and the following are my details. What do you think my chances are?

Nationality: Indian
Age: 29
Marriage status: Single
Annual Salary: 60k
education: Masters from NUS in Urban Planning
Work: Research Associate at NUS
Duration in Singapore: 2yrs (student pass) + 2 yrs (employment pass)= 4 yrs

Help Much appreciated!
Apply after another 2 years. salary on the lower side.

01046190
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 2:35 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by 01046190 » Fri, 31 Jul 2020 2:45 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 1:37 pm
novaandbong wrote:Thank you! We tried our best best ethnicity and nationality are something we can’t change :( I have heard stories about Vietnamese race couldn’t get the PR-ship too, all we can do is to hope. My husband’s Malaysian Chinese colleague with the Same work/similar age/married (but only 2 years in Singapore and no local education), already get their PR...
Yes, you got the point.
Hi, been following the forum for a while and really appreciate all the insights on PR topics.

We have a super similar profile to novaandbong (nationality education work length of stay etc), submitted application in Sep 2019 as a unit (higher earner as main). Status now is still pending.

Any idea what is going on in ICA’s mind :)

510098rpk
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 5:15 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by 510098rpk » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 5:31 pm

Hi Friends,
I would like to know about my chance to get Singapore PR.

Myself - main applicant / India passport /Age (Early 30's) / Married / 1 Kid
Education: Master deg from NTU, Bachelor deg from India
Work- Local MNC (Engg. Services)
Pay- 70k + Bonus
Pass- EP
Time in Singapore- 7 Years (1.6 years in overseas between)

My wife - Not working now / India passport /Age (late 20's)
Education- Masters (India)
Work Yrs in SG- 0
Work Yrs in India- 2
Time in Singapore- 2 Years

Kid age-1.5 Years

Thank you!

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 04 Aug 2020 6:33 pm

510098rpk wrote:Hi Friends,
I would like to know about my chance to get Singapore PR.

Myself - main applicant / India passport /Age (Early 30's) / Married / 1 Kid
Education: Master deg from NTU, Bachelor deg from India
Work- Local MNC (Engg. Services)
Pay- 70k + Bonus
Pass- EP
Time in Singapore- 7 Years (1.6 years in overseas between)

My wife - Not working now / India passport /Age (late 20's)
Education- Masters (India)
Work Yrs in SG- 0
Work Yrs in India- 2
Time in Singapore- 2 Years

Kid age-1.5 Years

Thank you!
Chances are not good.

+ve
Masters from NTU
Here for >5 years

-ve
Race and nationality
Gap in your stay here
Income on the lower side

Any prior PR rejections?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests