Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR approval probability 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37123
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 1:23 am

With unemployment rising, companies closing, there are going to be lots of people out of jobs. A lot of those are going to be Citizens & PRs. A lot of EP/S pass IT personnel who are currently on WFH Status are liable to find them being sent home and outsourced. If they can work from home here then they can also work from home in their home country. There is going to be a lot of resident manpower looking for work. Why bring in additional people when there are too many at the moment and it's going to get worse.

SGNewbie88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 9:16 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by SGNewbie88 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 9:19 am

If this is the case. Then would there be a preference for PR applicants who are self employed?

ritesh_1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 12:03 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by ritesh_1 » Thu, 04 Jun 2020 11:22 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 11:54 pm
ritesh_1 wrote:
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 11:42 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 11:20 pm


Dont worry about cover letter, recommendations, voluntary work for now. They are not going to help for now.

You can apply now. You may have a 40% chance as you work in a niche technology domain in IT. If in case you are rejected, reapply after you complete 5 years of total stay and work in SG.

But if you ask me, WAIT for the current climate and economy to get better, complete 5 years in SG and then apply. Your chance will be higher then.
Thanks a lot SF!

It is good to know that those additional documents are not as important as the PR application agencies make them sound. And we will take a call after a few months anyway once the economy starts recovering. Will also give a serious thought on your advice to wait till 5 years.

But I was just wondering wouldn't the current crisis also mean a fall in the number of PR applications? If the overall quota for the year is still the same (~31K-32K), wouldn't that mean higher chances of approval?
I personally dont think that in the current climate, the overall quota is going to be 31-32K anymore. Also, they look at each application individually. If a applicant is short of residency requirements, he is short. The availability of quota will not increase his chances, etc. Looks you are in a rush. Why? If you have long term plans to reside in Singapore, why not wait and give a good FIRST attempt after 5 years. if you apply now and the application gets rejected after 1 year and if you immediately apply after 1 year rejection, that is not going to change much on the next outcome too.
Thanks for your comments. Not in a rush though. Trying to think through it logically in order to get my timing right for the first application.

User avatar
angelsoetanto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:30 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by angelsoetanto » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:47 pm

Hello i'm new here, my husband is submit PR application on 2019 October with single marital status, we got married on 2019 December and his PR has been Approved. Now he only need to do check up and interview for activate his PR. The problem is he cant amend his marital status, can he apply me PR as his spouse after he finished his PR with single marital status? Or he can update this information on the day of interview by bringing our marriage certificate? Or what should we do? Thankyou

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:55 pm

angelsoetanto wrote:
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:47 pm
Hello i'm new here, my husband is submit PR application on 2019 October with single marital status, we got married on 2019 December and his PR has been Approved. Now he only need to do check up and interview for activate his PR. The problem is he cant amend his marital status, can he apply me PR as his spouse after he finished his PR with single marital status? Or he can update this information on the day of interview by bringing our marriage certificate? Or what should we do? Thankyou
Email ICA and inform that on the day of completing formalities, he will submit the marriage details with the certificate. He has to submit a new separate application for your PR. Since you are newly married, the chances of getting PR for you is very very low till you complete 2 years of marriage.

User avatar
angelsoetanto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:30 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by angelsoetanto » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 2:15 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:55 pm
angelsoetanto wrote:
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:47 pm
Hello i'm new here, my husband is submit PR application on 2019 October with single marital status, we got married on 2019 December and his PR has been Approved. Now he only need to do check up and interview for activate his PR. The problem is he cant amend his marital status, can he apply me PR as his spouse after he finished his PR with single marital status? Or he can update this information on the day of interview by bringing our marriage certificate? Or what should we do? Thankyou
Email ICA and inform that on the day of completing formalities, he will submit the marriage details with the certificate. He has to submit a new separate application for your PR. Since you are newly married, the chances of getting PR for you is very very low till you complete 2 years of marriage.
Thank you for answering. For now i'm not in Singapore, is it possible to him to submit my application? or is it better for me to apply for LTVP? Thank you

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37123
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 2:23 pm

You should apply for LTVP as soon as he receives his PR. After 2 years of marriage, then apply for PR. Before then will just be an exercise in frustration. You should be married and in Singapore for 2 years before applying for PR.

User avatar
angelsoetanto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:30 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by angelsoetanto » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 2:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 2:23 pm
You should apply for LTVP as soon as he receives his PR. After 2 years of marriage, then apply for PR. Before then will just be an exercise in frustration. You should be married and in Singapore for 2 years before applying for PR.
Got it, can i know how long i can stay in Singapore if i got my LTVP? If i decide to applying for LTVP, does my husband need to email ICA that on the day of completing formalities he will bring marriage certificate and my application for LTVP?
Thank you so much

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37123
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 2:40 pm

He should apply for your LTVP as soon as possible for your LTVP. Hopefully, with the marriage certificate and his PR you will not be required to be in Singapore first. (Normally you should be here as I think the disembarkation number is required on the application. He will have to check with them on that as you appear to be from M'sia. Normally LTVP are issued for 12 months and are renewable.

User avatar
angelsoetanto
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 1:30 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by angelsoetanto » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 2:56 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 05 Jun 2020 2:40 pm
He should apply for your LTVP as soon as possible for your LTVP. Hopefully, with the marriage certificate and his PR you will not be required to be in Singapore first. (Normally you should be here as I think the disembarkation number is required on the application. He will have to check with them on that as you appear to be from M'sia. Normally LTVP are issued for 12 months and are renewable.
Ok, i'm chinese Indonesian, and unfortunately i was in Indonesia for proceed my marriage document when Singapore lockdown the country, so now i cant go back to Singapore T__T
Anyway thanks for your answer, it help us a lot.
Thank You

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37123
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Jun 2020 3:15 pm

Yeah, you had me puzzled as I know your name is Indonesian so I had to see where you were posting from. (I worked in Indonesia for 12 years so pretty familiar with names). Explains it all, but still procedures remain the same. Good Luck.

nlux
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 2:47 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by nlux » Mon, 08 Jun 2020 4:46 pm

Hi! would appreciate some input:
Me:
Age: 29
Race: Hispanic/Latino
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married. Married in Singapore
Planning to apply as a family: Wife is on DP + LOC.
Education: None.
Job: Technical Manager
Industry: Broadcast Technical Services
Length of stay in Singapore: 1.5 yr.
Income Tax Assessment: 1 submitted
Total Job Experience: 14 years. 7 years with the current employer (moved to SG office)
Salary: 122k+
Pass: EP

Spouse:
Age: 24
Race: Caucasian
Education: BS Biology, Several certifications in conversation, management and wildlife rehabilitation.
Job: Project Manager
Industry: Conservation & Manufacturing
Length of stay in Singapore: 1yr.
Income Tax Assessment: None
Total Job Experience: 6 yrs
Salary: 36k

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 08 Jun 2020 4:49 pm

nlux wrote:
Mon, 08 Jun 2020 4:46 pm
Hi! would appreciate some input:
Me:
Age: 29
Race: Hispanic/Latino
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married. Married in Singapore
Planning to apply as a family: Wife is on DP + LOC.
Education: None.
Job: Technical Manager
Industry: Broadcast Technical Services
Length of stay in Singapore: 1.5 yr.
Income Tax Assessment: 1 submitted
Total Job Experience: 14 years. 7 years with the current employer (moved to SG office)
Salary: 122k+
Pass: EP

Spouse:
Age: 24
Race: Caucasian
Education: BS Biology, Several certifications in conversation, management and wildlife rehabilitation.
Job: Project Manager
Industry: Conservation & Manufacturing
Length of stay in Singapore: 1yr.
Income Tax Assessment: None
Total Job Experience: 6 yrs
Salary: 36k
Very low chance

User avatar
郑.萖君
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 6:06 pm

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by 郑.萖君 » Wed, 10 Jun 2020 6:14 pm

Hi! would appreciate chance for Pr approval
Me:
Age: 27
Race: Malaysian Chinese
Gender: Female
Marital status : Single, going to Rom on August
Education: Singapore polytechnic specialist diploma, Malaysia Polytechnic diploma
Job: Software developer
Industry: MNC
Length of stay in Singapore: 3 yr
Income Tax Assessment: 2 submitted
Total Job Experience: 3years (1 years for current company )
Salary: 44k+
Pass: EP

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2616
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR approval probability 2020

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 10 Jun 2020 6:42 pm

郑.萖君 wrote:
Wed, 10 Jun 2020 6:14 pm
Hi! would appreciate chance for Pr approval
Me:
Age: 27
Race: Malaysian Chinese
Gender: Female
Marital status : Single, going to Rom on August
Education: Singapore polytechnic specialist diploma, Malaysia Polytechnic diploma
Job: Software developer
Industry: MNC
Length of stay in Singapore: 3 yr
Income Tax Assessment: 2 submitted
Total Job Experience: 3years (1 years for current company )
Salary: 44k+
Pass: EP
Decent Chance. But salary looks little on the lower side.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests