Singapore Expats

I have some concern on EP since I dropped out of university.

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
hihyo

I have some concern on EP since I dropped out of university.

Post by hihyo » Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:47 pm

Hi Expats in SG.
I just got a job offer with around 130 SGD yearly.
and I just realized EP may require university degree, however I already dropped out of university.
can i get the EP with my condition?
(the university is well-known uni in my country)
The job is software engineer and i have 7YoE.
I would love to hear your advice.
Thanks in advance!

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: I have some concern on EP since I dropped out of university.

Post by bro75 » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 8:20 am

I believe MOM may approve EP applications from non-graduates if that applicant's experience or certifications compensates for the lack of degree. There are EPs in Singapore without degrees.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: I have some concern on EP since I dropped out of university.

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 1:01 pm

bro75 wrote:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 8:20 am
I believe MOM may approve EP applications from non-graduates if that applicant's experience or certifications compensates for the lack of degree. There are EPs in Singapore without degrees.
In fact, when the PEP first appeared on the scene you didn't need a degree to qualify and also the old EP1 (top tier) didn't need a degree, only requisite for either was experience and the high income threshold. The thought process was if an employer was willing to pay that kind of money, the employer probably had a better idea of their worth than MOM would have and the intelligence would have had to be there naturally.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers