Singapore Expats

how to apply a LTVP or Dependent pass for my foreign second wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Jade'sDiary

how to apply a LTVP or Dependent pass for my foreign second wife

Post by Jade'sDiary » Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:23 am

hi every one

Im Req, i am married to singaporean (my first wife) and i have a second foreign wife and our marriage was solemnized in her country of origin and duly registered at the Syariah Court of her country.

We need some guidlines as how to apply a LTVP or Dependent pass for my foreign second wife.

Thanks in Advance for your Assistance.

Best Regards
Req

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: how to apply a LTVP or Dependent pass for my foreign second wife

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:53 am

Jade'sDiary wrote:hi every one

Im Req, i am married to singaporean (my first wife) and i have a second foreign wife and our marriage was solemnized in her country of origin and duly registered at the Syariah Court of her country.

We need some guidlines as how to apply a LTVP or Dependent pass for my foreign second wife.

Thanks in Advance for your Assistance.

Best Regards
Req
First thing first, what is your own residence status in Singapore? LTVP, PR or SC?

shuigao

Post by shuigao » Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:58 am

Jade'sDiary wrote:
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 10:23 am
I vaguely recall that you are supposed to get ROMM approval first before marrying a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) wife, no? If you have that approval I presume that the process of applying for her LTVP shouldn't be any different than for any foreign 1st wife.

If you don't have the approval or if your first wife is under civil marriage then you better check with ROMM first what to do.
shuigao's travel & food blog http://look-see-eat.blogspot.com/

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 16 Jan 2020 9:12 pm

In my opinion I doubt Singapore will allow this. Shuigao probably has it partially correct but I'd also speak to MUIS. You may have to do the entire ROMM registration which means you need your first wife's permission and a min salary of $6,000 (or maybe more now). Any effort to get around this will rightly be seen as an attempt to circumvent your first wife's rights to have a say in the matter and not suffer any economic hardship as a result of a second, third or fourth wife.

On a side note I think it's appalling that the Syariah court allowed the Sultan of Perak to use the Syariah court in SINGAPORE to divorce his wife. Talk about jurisdictional boundary breaking. Why didn't the Sultan stick to his own state's Syariah court? The Sultan (or his ex wife) are not legal residents of Singapore and Singapore is not part of the Malaysia Federation - honestly I think it stunk and was a huge affront to the Sultan's former wife's rights to have her side heard.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!