Singapore Expats

My bloody experience applying PR with a bloody agency (being rejected already)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: My bloody experience applying PR with a bloody agency (being rejected already)

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 21 Jan 2020 8:15 pm

A sad story, all too common. A colleague asked me the other day if he should use an agency to apply.... I told him it's a shame he can't read or write!
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

kozizi

Re: My bloody experience applying PR with a bloody agency (being rejected already)

Post by kozizi » Wed, 19 Feb 2020 10:10 am

The E-PR checklist does not specify any covering letter .. so can someone confirm it is needed, and is there provision to be able to upload it ?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 19 Feb 2020 10:52 am

kozizi wrote:
Wed, 19 Feb 2020 10:10 am
The E-PR checklist does not specify any covering letter .. so can someone confirm it is needed, and is there provision to be able to upload it ?
Cover letter is not needed.

kozizi

Post by kozizi » Wed, 19 Feb 2020 10:58 am

thank you very much singaporeflyer.

on a completely separate topic, wonder if the singapore flyer is actually going to resume operations next month. probably not going to make much money in the current scenario even if they do open.

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Post by Ignorant1 » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 1:36 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Wed, 15 Jan 2020 9:32 am
1. Don't use an agency. When you use an agency you are signalling that you are too bloody stupid to fill out a simple form FFS. Why should we give you PR what?
2. Don't apply too frequently - no more than once every 18 months and try to show substantial changes (hopefully improvements).
Hey PNGMK,

Can I check why the conventional wisdom is against applying more than once every 18 month?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 2:23 pm

Ignorant1 wrote:
Thu, 10 Jun 2021 1:36 pm
PNGMK wrote:
Wed, 15 Jan 2020 9:32 am
1. Don't use an agency. When you use an agency you are signalling that you are too bloody stupid to fill out a simple form FFS. Why should we give you PR what?
2. Don't apply too frequently - no more than once every 18 months and try to show substantial changes (hopefully improvements).
Hey PNGMK,

Can I check why the conventional wisdom is against applying more than once every 18 month?
Because it's unlikely that substantial changes happen much more frequently and you want to move in the sliding window of applications a bit...
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 2:26 pm

Anecdotal evidence. And it tends to show somebody is desperate, thereby making ICA wonder. Just like make initial application 6 months after gaining employment. Yeah, it says your can, but unless you are a rocket scientist or neurosurgeon you can forget it. 2 years is usually the minimum time frame.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Post by Ignorant1 » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 8:13 pm

Thanks guys.