Singapore Expats

Solemnization overseas can apply LTVP?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Seri Indah

Solemnization overseas can apply LTVP?

Post by Seri Indah » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 6:16 am

Hi
Im new in this forum but hv read a lot the sharings - great info.
I am an SC planning to marry a foreigner overseas.
Can I apply for my spouse's LTVP after our solemnization overseas? Am i required to register my marriage here or any procedures needed before applying LTVP?

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: Solemnization overseas can apply LTVP?

Post by bro75 » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 7:54 am

As far as I know, as long as you can provide a marriage cert and your spouse is not a former or current WP holder, you are good to go to apply for LTVP for your spouse.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 3:42 pm

Did you apply for PMLA? If you did, the LTVP process is shortened to 6 weeks. If you didn’t, you might be waiting for 6 months for the LTVP to be approved. So I highly suggest that you apply for PMLA before you get married.

Does the overseas marriage cert have a certificate number? You need to input the marriage cert number during the LTVP application which is why most people recommend doing the ROM in SG since the SG marriage cert will definitely have a number.

If your overseas marriage cert is in another language, you might need to provide a translation for it.

Seri Indah

Post by Seri Indah » Sat, 11 Jan 2020 11:43 am

Thank you very much for the responses and info given. I have just applied for PMLA and waiting for ICA responses. My to be spouse has never hold any work permit in Singapore. I hope everything will work well.