Singapore Expats

Back to Back EP Application for same FIN holder

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
RamNag

Back to Back EP Application for same FIN holder

Post by RamNag » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 3:35 pm

Hello,

I have an unexpected situation.

My current EP is due for renewal hence, my current employer submitted the EP renewal application last week. At the same time, another company that was in discussion with me for a few months offered a new employment contract. Hence they also proceeded to submit my EP today (I did not expect to be so fast). During the online application, the system seems to have given an error that already there is an application pending for this FIN holder. Fortunately, I had appraised of EP renewal submission to the other company, so there was no surprise.

I'm currently awaiting my renewed EP outcome. The other company said, they will apply immediately after my current employer's EP renewal is completed.

So the question I have is, whether submitting EP application back to back for the same FIN holder within a month will lead to any issues?

This was an unexpected situation hence I thought to seek your expert opinion. Appreciate all your thoughts/inputs in advance.

Thank you.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Re: Back to Back EP Application for same FIN holder

Post by smoulder » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 10:25 pm

Your current employer is renewing your long term pass. Your potential new employer is applying for an in principle approval. I believe these are 2 different things and I'm guessing that it should not be a problem.

Siv
Regular
Regular

Post by Siv » Tue, 07 Jan 2020 8:31 am

RamNag wrote:
Mon, 06 Jan 2020 3:35 pm
Hello,

My current EP is due for renewal hence, my current employer submitted the EP renewal application last week. At the same time, another company that was in discussion with me for a few months offered a new employment contract. Hence they also proceeded to submit my EP today (I did not expect to be so fast). During the online application, the system seems to have given an error that already there is an application pending for this FIN holder. Fortunately, I had appraised of EP renewal submission to the other company, so there was no surprise.

I'm currently awaiting my renewed EP outcome. The other company said, they will apply immediately after my current employer's EP renewal is completed.

So the question I have is, whether submitting EP application back to back for the same FIN holder within a month will lead to any issues?

This was an unexpected situation hence I thought to seek your expert opinion. Appreciate all your thoughts/inputs in advance.

Thank you.
This is the only way to do it. Even though it's just a renewal, it's still a process using your FIN. You have to wait to get your approval and then submit the new EP. Once new EP approved, cancel current EP before new EP card can be issued.

Happened to me during my last job change. Got an offer in the middle of my EP renewal. New company HR waited till EP renewed, and then submitted new EP application.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 07 Jan 2020 9:51 am

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 06 Jan 2020 10:25 pm
Your current employer is renewing your long term pass. Your potential new employer is applying for an in principle approval. I believe these are 2 different things and I'm guessing that it should not be a problem.
long term and EP are two different things. Not the same.

RamNag

Post by RamNag » Tue, 07 Jan 2020 12:12 pm

Siv wrote:
Tue, 07 Jan 2020 8:31 am
RamNag wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.
This is the only way to do it. Even though it's just a renewal, it's still a process using your FIN. You have to wait to get your approval and then submit the new EP. Once new EP approved, cancel current EP before new EP card can be issued.

Happened to me during my last job change. Got an offer in the middle of my EP renewal. New company HR waited till EP renewed, and then submitted new EP application.
Thank you very much. I understand. One clarification regarding 'Once new EP approved' - are you referring to my current employer's EP or the new employer's EP? Thanks once again.

Siv
Regular
Regular

Post by Siv » Tue, 07 Jan 2020 1:26 pm

RamNag wrote:
Tue, 07 Jan 2020 12:12 pm
Siv wrote:
Tue, 07 Jan 2020 8:31 am
RamNag wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.

Thank you very much. I understand. One clarification regarding 'Once new EP approved' - are you referring to my current employer's EP or the new employer's EP? Thanks once again.
The new one. You cancel current EP only after new EP approved. You would need to surrender your EP card first before new one issued. And to travel in and out of Singapore while waiting for your new EP card, you can use the notification letter you get when the new EP was approved.