Singapore Expats

Applying S Pass, how long for MOM to process queries when employer has answered them

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
YQL

Applying S Pass, how long for MOM to process queries when employer has answered them

Post by YQL » Sun, 05 Jan 2020 6:12 pm

Hi,

I am currently holding work permit and work in a company in Singapore, which I would consider myself working in a toxic environment. My new employer was in the process applying S Pass a month ago but then faced queries by MOM. My new employer has provided reasons to MOM as to the benefits and needs of me joining their company and hoping MOM will consider it. New employer sounds firm on this.

Current toxic working environment is draining my mental energy, but I have no idea with the reason (of me being needed in the job vacancy) my new employer provided to MOM, normally how long is MOM going to settle this case? As I planned to leave my current job as soon as I can because it is affecting my mental health. But ending this job while waiting new one to approve would require me to move out and move in to Singapore again, which I am trying to avoid that. But how long normally it takes?

Thank you very much :)

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Applying S Pass, how long for MOM to process queries when employer has answered them

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 06 Jan 2020 11:07 am

YQL wrote:
Sun, 05 Jan 2020 6:12 pm
Hi,

I am currently holding work permit and work in a company in Singapore, which I would consider myself working in a toxic environment. My new employer was in the process applying S Pass a month ago but then faced queries by MOM. My new employer has provided reasons to MOM as to the benefits and needs of me joining their company and hoping MOM will consider it. New employer sounds firm on this.

Current toxic working environment is draining my mental energy, but I have no idea with the reason (of me being needed in the job vacancy) my new employer provided to MOM, normally how long is MOM going to settle this case? As I planned to leave my current job as soon as I can because it is affecting my mental health. But ending this job while waiting new one to approve would require me to move out and move in to Singapore again, which I am trying to avoid that. But how long normally it takes?

Thank you very much :)
It may take 1-4 weeks after query is replied by your new employer to MOM