Singapore Expats

Health Insurance for My Mother aged 57 and on LTVP

Discuss the different insurance options from car to health insurance.
rajesh.kumar

Health Insurance for My Mother aged 57 and on LTVP

Post by rajesh.kumar » Fri, 03 Jan 2020 11:12 am

Hi Guys - I enquired about the Health Insurance for My Mother with Prudential and they told no local insurance companies to cover insurance for foreigners aged above 55.

They suggested the international coverage by other providers which cost 6K Plus for a Year which is quite expensive.

so are there any other options available?

For now, I have taken travel insurance but they cover only up to 90 days max on a trip.

Thanks in advance for your guidance here.

Regards
Rajesh

venkysrini

Re: Health Insurance for My Mother aged 57 and on LTVP

Post by venkysrini » Tue, 04 Feb 2020 12:05 am

hi, I'm also looking for health insurance for my mom and dad who are 73 and 77 years old. I'm EP, and they have an LTVP. Is there any company that will provide insurance for them here? I'm primarily looking for hospitalization cover.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by TropicalExpat » Wed, 05 Aug 2020 12:54 pm

They should be able to be covered under a similar version of the integrated shield plan. I don't know the details but most should offer, but must take up offer before the age of 75.

The other one with no entry limit is Cigna - but very expensive

JonS

Post by JonS » Mon, 24 Aug 2020 4:20 pm

Hey guys, NTUC covers for foreigners below 75 yrs old. Premiums are far cheaper than global expat insurance. You can PM me if you wish to know more
Last edited by JonS on Mon, 24 Aug 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Mon, 24 Aug 2020 4:31 pm

There are a few to consider, AVIVA, Cigna, AIG..but generally hospitalisation insurance premiums in Singapore have over the last few years increase 2-3 times due to the fact people claim insurance over everything hence resulting in the huge increase. So I guess which ever company you enquire is going to extremely expensive.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

JonS

Post by JonS » Mon, 24 Aug 2020 4:41 pm

Aviva doesn't cover health insurance for foreigners. There are two types of health insurance in Singapore for expats - local 'shield' plans, or global expat insurance. Cigna and AIG will be more focused on the latter while companies like Prudential and NTUC Income are focused on the former. Local shield plans are far cheaper but not every insurer accepts foreigners, global expat insurance on the other hand is more expensive because they let you get reimbursed for bills overseas without paying first.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by TropicalExpat » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 8:59 am

JonS wrote:
Mon, 24 Aug 2020 4:41 pm
Aviva doesn't cover health insurance for foreigners. There are two types of health insurance in Singapore for expats - local 'shield' plans, or global expat insurance. Cigna and AIG will be more focused on the latter while companies like Prudential and NTUC Income are focused on the former. Local shield plans are far cheaper but not every insurer accepts foreigners, global expat insurance on the other hand is more expensive because they let you get reimbursed for bills overseas without paying first.
I thought Aviva offers shield plans to LTVP?

Nancy__Fancy

Post by Nancy__Fancy » Mon, 23 Nov 2020 12:34 pm

Hi Rajesh,
In fact, last entry age for few local insurers are 75 (age next birthday) per below article.
Understand you bought travel insurance for a 90 days coverage, you may go for integrated shield plan with your preferred local insurer for long term protection.
https://www.valuechampion.sg/best-cheap ... -insurance