Singapore Expats

Medical History of Pleural Effusion (form of non-contagious TB)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mrqry

Medical History of Pleural Effusion (form of non-contagious TB)

Post by mrqry » Fri, 03 Jan 2020 2:49 am

I have got a job in Singapore and I’m concerned whether my wife will be able to stay in or not because 4 years ago she was diagnosed with Pleural Effusion which is a form of non-contagious TB. It was then treated by the doctor with the first line medication.
Can anyone tell me whether her Dependent Pass will be approved or rejected based on this medical history? Because a treated scar will still be present in the X-Ray.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Medical History of Pleural Effusion (form of non-contagious TB)

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 03 Jan 2020 10:27 am

mrqry wrote:
Fri, 03 Jan 2020 2:49 am
I have got a job in Singapore and I’m concerned whether my wife will be able to stay in or not because 4 years ago she was diagnosed with Pleural Effusion which is a form of non-contagious TB. It was then treated by the doctor with the first line medication.
Can anyone tell me whether her Dependent Pass will be approved or rejected based on this medical history? Because a treated scar will still be present in the X-Ray.
As long as you declare it, re-test to show no active TB, getting DP should be mostly OK. Re-Test has to be done in Singapore.

viewtopic.php?t=115775