Singapore Expats

ghost stories

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
girlz_rule

ghost stories

Post by girlz_rule » Thu, 13 May 2004 10:55 pm

Three years ago, I became pregnant for the first time. My husband, family and in-laws fussed over me a great deal and I was given all kinds of advice. I was especially told that I should never go out of the house between 11am and 3pm and after 7 in the evening. If I had to go out during those times, I was to carry a sharp object with me, particularly a penknife or a nail. I did not take this advice seriously. Who would in these modern times? I was young and carefree and, most of all, not superstitious at all. Well at least not at that time.
My husband and I were very excited at the idea of becoming parents. The only thing we could talk about was babies. When I was 3 months pregnant, we felt that we just had to celebrate, so that night we went out and dined in an expensive restaurant in Orchard Road. After a very pleasant dinner, we drove down to MacRitchie Reservoir for a stroll. I still remember that late evening stroll...we laughed giggles and spoke so much about our growing child.

After a bit of walking, feeling tired, we sat down on a bench near the water's edge. As I sat with my hands resting on my tummy, and my husband's arm around my shoulder, I felt an icy wind whisk around me, encircling me. For a split second, I felt giddy. The cold, chilly wind seemed to go around me like a whirlwind and then disappeared.

My husband, on seeing me looking faint, insisted that we go home immediately. I did not take this incident seriously, although I did find it strange that my husband had not felt anything wen I was actually within his arms when it happened. That night, as I lay in bed, I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. When I told my husband about it, he quickly bundled me into the car and took me to the hospital nearest our home.

I was warded and later told that I had suffered from a miscarriage.

That was 3 years ago. I learnt my lesson the hard way. 7 months later I become pregnant again. This time, I did not ignore my elders' advice and now I have a beautiful daughter.

hope u like it

PhantomX

For real or a story

Post by PhantomX » Fri, 14 May 2004 12:55 am

You are telling this like you lived it but end it with a cryptic "like it? as if it was a story :?:
So which is which :?:
Btw I wouldnt want to talk abt my personal life as fodder for any story let alone a ghostly one especially when it concerns something as intimate as my baby :!:
A question of taste aint it :!:

TT

CTE expressway

Post by TT » Fri, 14 May 2004 4:19 pm

My brother early this year drove past CTE (where the golf range is) and saw a couple standing beside a motorbicycle. The very next day, he saw the couple again, at the same time at the PIE (merge) lane. He found it very strange, why would someone stand at such dangerous spot for 2 nights in a row? Eerie isn't it...