Singapore Expats

EP Renewal Processing Time

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
b700
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 10:08 am

EP Renewal Processing Time

Post by b700 » Wed, 18 Dec 2019 10:12 am

Hi Community,

I have a question. My company has applied for my EP / DP renewal in Nov 1st week. Now it has been more than 1.5 months and status is still Pending. My EP is going to expire soon so getting a bit stressful. Any idea what may be causing the delay, is it the holiday season or something else. I have been working here since last 3 years.

Appreciate any pointers.

B700

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40429
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: EP Renewal Processing Time

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Dec 2019 12:42 pm

You should still have 1.5 months before your EP expires. The Employer is told by the MOM to renew work passes 3 months before they expire. If they didn't you may have to take a bit of an unpaid vacation if it expires before renewal.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

b700
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 10:08 am

Re: EP Renewal Processing Time

Post by b700 » Wed, 18 Dec 2019 1:16 pm

Oh, thats a scary situation. Thanks for the detail though!

b700
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 10:08 am

Re: EP Renewal Processing Time

Post by b700 » Wed, 18 Dec 2019 1:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 18 Dec 2019 12:42 pm
You should still have 1.5 months before your EP expires. The Employer is told by the MOM to renew work passes 3 months before they expire. If they didn't you may have to take a bit of an unpaid vacation if it expires before renewal.
For example if my EP expires on 5 th JAN and its still not approved by then. What happens to the status of the EP. Does it goes to Cancelled / Expired / Pending.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4299
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: EP Renewal Processing Time

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 18 Dec 2019 2:34 pm

b700 wrote:
Wed, 18 Dec 2019 1:18 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wed, 18 Dec 2019 12:42 pm
You should still have 1.5 months before your EP expires. The Employer is told by the MOM to renew work passes 3 months before they expire. If they didn't you may have to take a bit of an unpaid vacation if it expires before renewal.
For example if my EP expires on 5 th JAN and its still not approved by then. What happens to the status of the EP. Does it goes to Cancelled / Expired / Pending.
If EP renewal is still under pending by MOM, your company can ask them for a temporary Pass/Visa extension, which usually MOM will be willing to do, till the EP renewal outcome is known.

viewtopic.php?t=87977

yes007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 5:06 pm

Re: EP Renewal Processing Time

Post by yes007 » Fri, 27 Dec 2019 5:09 pm

Hi, have you received it now?
Last edited by yes007 on Fri, 27 Dec 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4299
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 2

Re: EP Renewal Processing Time

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 27 Dec 2019 5:24 pm

yes007 wrote:
Fri, 27 Dec 2019 5:09 pm
Hi, I've have you received it now?
What are you trying to say?

yes007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 5:06 pm

Re: EP Renewal Processing Time

Post by yes007 » Fri, 27 Dec 2019 5:29 pm

I am asking if still the same status as pending?

yes007
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 5:06 pm

Re: EP Renewal Processing Time

Post by yes007 » Fri, 27 Dec 2019 5:37 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 27 Dec 2019 5:24 pm
yes007 wrote:
Fri, 27 Dec 2019 5:09 pm
Hi, I've have you received it now?
What are you trying to say?
I am asking if still the same status as pending?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests