Singapore Expats Forum

Dependant's pass timeline

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
stephaurelia

Dependant's pass timeline

Post by stephaurelia » Tue, 17 Dec 2019 11:29 am

Hi there! Was wondering if anyone can help me out

My husband's company has applied for my DP renewal 3 weeks ago and until now it is still pending. When I checked the MOM website of my status, it says:

"We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer."

I know it says outcome will be available in 4 weeks time or longer, but I have seen some people get it faster than that. Anyone has encountered this before? If you have, how long did it take for your DP to be renewed?

Many thanks!

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Dependant's pass timeline

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 17 Dec 2019 11:57 am

stephaurelia wrote:
Tue, 17 Dec 2019 11:29 am
Hi there! Was wondering if anyone can help me out

My husband's company has applied for my DP renewal 3 weeks ago and until now it is still pending. When I checked the MOM website of my status, it says:

"We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer."

I know it says outcome will be available in 4 weeks time or longer, but I have seen some people get it faster than that. Anyone has encountered this before? If you have, how long did it take for your DP to be renewed?

Many thanks!
What will you do if someone says they got it in 3 weeks and another one says it took them 6 weeks? What can you infer ? Simple instruction there was to wait for 4 weeks and you are not prepared to wait.

stephaurelia

Post by stephaurelia » Tue, 17 Dec 2019 1:17 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 17 Dec 2019 11:57 am
stephaurelia wrote:
What will you do if someone says they got it in 3 weeks and another one says it took them 6 weeks? What can you infer ? Simple instruction there was to wait for 4 weeks and you are not prepared to wait.
If you don't have a good answer, then please don't bother replying. Obviously my question is asking on other people's experiences on their DP renewal. What I will do with that information is up to me and not for you to know or understand.

I have my personal reasons on why I am not prepared to wait. Obviously when someone knows MOM said 4 weeks and they still wanted to ask around on a forum that means it is URGENT. Don't reply rudely to other people's questions on this forum just because you have nothing better to do and you don't know what is happening in their life.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 17 Dec 2019 2:19 pm

stephaurelia wrote:
Tue, 17 Dec 2019 1:17 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
stephaurelia wrote:
If you don't have a good answer, then please don't bother replying. Obviously my question is asking on other people's experiences on their DP renewal. What I will do with that information is up to me and not for you to know or understand.

I have my personal reasons on why I am not prepared to wait. Obviously when someone knows MOM said 4 weeks and they still wanted to ask around on a forum that means it is URGENT. Don't reply rudely to other people's questions on this forum just because you have nothing better to do and you don't know what is happening in their life.
This is an open forum. Anyone can give a valid reply once you post in an open forum. I will stop replying, if in case the moderators feel that my reply was not acceptable.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 1

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Dec 2019 5:39 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 17 Dec 2019 2:19 pm
stephaurelia wrote:
Tue, 17 Dec 2019 1:17 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:

This is an open forum. Anyone can give a valid reply once you post in an open forum. I will stop replying, if in case the moderators feel that my reply was not acceptable.
stephaurelia, who died and made you boss? Actually if your reply needed was "urgent" as you claim, why didn't you pick up the phone and call the relevant ministry and demand an answer? If you come on a forum and ask as question with the you are looking for already in your mind, of course you are going to be upset. But to try to take it out on one of our regulars? I suggest you get off your high horse, and have a look and the number of his posts, the quality of his replies (excellent) and the length of time he has been on this board. If fact he is one of our mainstays and have been an awesome member here. I suggest you take a step back and take a long hard look in the mirror. Oh, and if you don't like what I'm saying as well, don't let the door hit you ....