Singapore Expats Forum

Termination & new employer ??

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Termination & new employer ??

Post by 44547 » Wed, 04 Dec 2019 11:24 pm

Hi there,

I have been living in Singapore for 1.5 years. Recently terminated from my current position due to clash of personalities & didn't fit in with the working culture. I was planning to leave the organisation anyway, and have secured a new job within 2 days of being let go of. New employer will process EP transfer.

However, the new organisation requires me to fill out details and asks in their employee form if I have ever been suspended or terminated before. Now, of course I have to tick yes and explain my situation, but I just want to know if this could have an impact on my current job offer? I'm concerned as I haven't signed any contracts yet, and not sure if this could jeopardize any outstanding agreements?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!!

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Termination & new employer ??

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Dec 2019 12:43 pm

If they were to call your last employer for a reference, what do you suppose the employer will say?

Let that be your guide. Probably they won't, but if they do?

Oh, and another thing which I hope you already realize and just didn't catch it when you typed your message...... New employer cannot transfer EP. You new employer has to apply for a brand new EP and depends on the new employer and the position and your qualifications & experience for the new position. Each EP starts from afresh as it is tied directly to the employer and is canceled when you leave.