Singapore Expats

PR REJECTED, APPLIED UNDER SPOUSE SCHEME

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR REJECTED, APPLIED UNDER SPOUSE SCHEME

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Dec 2019 12:36 pm

Troubled, I appreciate the vote of confidence. I've been paying it forward for 15 years on this board. Back in the day, we didn't have this luxury and wealth of info at our fingertips or easy access to people who needed help. One thing that this board is noted for is telling it like it is. Some don't like it as they come here with their answer firmly in their head and when we don't tell them what they want to hear they sometimes get antsy. We don't have crystal balls, but we have a heck of a lot of experience and interaction with government ministries and basically we try to glean what/where the government is trying to go. It's not easy and we are not always right but we seem to be heading in the right direction the vast majority of the time. Oh, and good luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Troubled

Post by Troubled » Sun, 08 Dec 2019 12:48 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 05 Dec 2019 12:36 pm
Troubled, I appreciate the vote of confidence. I've been paying it forward for 15 years on this board. Back in the day, we didn't have this luxury and wealth of info at our fingertips or easy access to people who needed help. One thing that this board is noted for is telling it like it is. Some don't like it as they come here with their answer firmly in their head and when we don't tell them what they want to hear they sometimes get antsy. We don't have crystal balls, but we have a heck of a lot of experience and interaction with government ministries and basically we try to glean what/where the government is trying to go. It's not easy and we are not always right but we seem to be heading in the right direction the vast majority of the time. Oh, and good luck.
Apologies for the late reply!

I totally agree, the ease of information sharing and how helpful this platform is to many people and like my case is no exception that i had to clear my head and find the answers to my burning questions haha

I am pretty happy with my life right now and can't ask for more. When the time is right i believe i will get it, so thank you!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 09 Dec 2019 7:26 am

I think you will eventually succeed.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Troubled

Post by Troubled » Mon, 09 Dec 2019 1:58 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Mon, 09 Dec 2019 7:26 am
I think you will eventually succeed.
Very kind of you to say!

Thank you

helloit'sme

Any successful citizenship conversion of a non-working mother?

Post by helloit'sme » Sun, 22 Dec 2019 2:38 am

Dear all!

Profile: Malaysian Chinese, mother of 1 (14 months old daughter), household income approximately 9k (husband is the sole breadwinner), CPA accountant. Plan to return to workforce when my daughter turns 18 months old.

I have only been in SG for 3 years and am currently in my second year of PR-ship. My profile may look convincing but trust me, I worked only for a year in SG before becoming a mother and hence contribution to the economy is very minimal or rather, zero.

I'm in the midst of converting my citizenship. Has anybody come across somebody who is currently not working but applied for citizenship conversion like me? Has the application been successful or unsuccessful? My husband's chance is definitely higher but because he would like to retain his nationality so I'm converting it instead but of course I'm also more than willing la. haha.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Any successful citizenship conversion of a non-working mother?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 22 Dec 2019 2:58 pm

helloit'sme wrote:
Sun, 22 Dec 2019 2:38 am
Dear all!

Profile: Malaysian Chinese, mother of 1 (14 months old daughter), household income approximately 9k (husband is the sole breadwinner), CPA accountant. Plan to return to workforce when my daughter turns 18 months old.

I have only been in SG for 3 years and am currently in my second year of PR-ship. My profile may look convincing but trust me, I worked only for a year in SG before becoming a mother and hence contribution to the economy is very minimal or rather, zero.

I'm in the midst of converting my citizenship. Has anybody come across somebody who is currently not working but applied for citizenship conversion like me? Has the application been successful or unsuccessful? My husband's chance is definitely higher but because he would like to retain his nationality so I'm converting it instead but of course I'm also more than willing la. haha.
If you are not working, chance is going to be low as they will assess your economic contribution to SG. Why not join work, work for 1 year and then apply? What is the rush now, when it is clear that you will eventually get it?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 22 Dec 2019 4:48 pm

I reckon it won't fly at all. She is not working and the husband is not applying even though he's the breadwinner. I'd say very low chance even though you are Malaysian Chinese (preferred race). Wait until you ARE a contributing member of the family or get your husband to apply jointly. Is your Husband Malaysian as well?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers