Singapore Expats

E-PASS Approved - Still waiting for IPA from contract firm - now Company want reject offer letter for below reason

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
venkates.pmk

E-PASS Approved - Still waiting for IPA from contract firm - now Company want reject offer letter for below reason

Post by venkates.pmk » Mon, 25 Nov 2019 11:56 pm

Hi I am Foreigner for Singapore , Got a offer letter from contract firm and they applied E-PASS for me and they asked me to tender resignation from current org.

Next day i tendered resignation - after some time contract firm contacted me to say "do not proceed the resignation" since company directer level some approval not received they freeze that opening

Next day i met company HR and contract firm SPOC , they asked apologies for inconvenience happened.

Question is : Even though they rejected offer contract firm progressed E-PASS (since they applied one day before)
after 2 weeks i received E-PASS approved
now contract firm saying EPASS - IPA valid 6 months - on that time they will find another job for me
Query :
If they dont find any job for me till IPA got expired this will be black mark for me ?
what i have to do i get offer from any other company mean time ?

Appreciated reply for the above queries.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: E-PASS Approved - Still waiting for IPA from contract firm - now Company want reject offer letter for below reason

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 26 Nov 2019 10:20 am

venkates.pmk wrote:
Mon, 25 Nov 2019 11:56 pm
Hi I am Foreigner for Singapore , Got a offer letter from contract firm and they applied E-PASS for me and they asked me to tender resignation from current org.

Next day i tendered resignation - after some time contract firm contacted me to say "do not proceed the resignation" since company directer level some approval not received they freeze that opening

Next day i met company HR and contract firm SPOC , they asked apologies for inconvenience happened.

Question is : Even though they rejected offer contract firm progressed E-PASS (since they applied one day before)
after 2 weeks i received E-PASS approved
now contract firm saying EPASS - IPA valid 6 months - on that time they will find another job for me
Query :
If they dont find any job for me till IPA got expired this will be black mark for me ?
what i have to do i get offer from any other company mean time ?

Appreciated reply for the above queries.
It is totally wrong to resign before the EP is approved, as the offer letter will say this offer is valid only if the EP is approved.

Don't need to worry, it won't be a very big black mark. An alternate option is for you to find another company/job FIRST and THEN ask the contractor who applied for your EP to cancel your IPA with a valid reason, and ask the new employer to apply for a new EP.