Singapore Expats

Spare parts no longer available. What to do?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
akashv1987

Spare parts no longer available. What to do?

Post by akashv1987 » Mon, 25 Nov 2019 11:21 pm

Hello,

We are about to move out in a few weeks after staying in our condo for two years. Getting straight to the point, I have a feeling that the agent is trying to squeeze as much money out of us as he can when we handover the house. I noticed that the bottom plastic shelf of the fridge has a crack in it from too much weight of the food.. the one that covers the vegetable box. The fridge is so old that I can’t even find the spare parts of it online.

What is the reasonable approach to handling this? Should I pay $50 and attempt to settle things? Will the minimum repair clause apply? Or will this come under wear and tear since there was no force applied . Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Search By

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Spare parts no longer available. What to do?

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 26 Nov 2019 10:05 am

Look up the depreciation rate for fridges on the IRAS website. Use that to counter that the fridge has a limited life. If the depreciation rate is 10 years (10%) and the fridge is for example 7 years old then I'd argue you owe 30% of the repair... or a new fridge...
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!