Singapore Expats

Translated document for pr application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
micky119

Translated document for pr application

Post by micky119 » Mon, 25 Nov 2019 4:12 pm

I'm Malaysian, i want to apply PR without translation and notarization document. Is it possible to apply without translating document?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Translated document for pr application

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 25 Nov 2019 4:33 pm

micky119 wrote:
Mon, 25 Nov 2019 4:12 pm
I'm Malaysian, i want to apply PR without translation and notarization document. Is it possible to apply without translating document?
Are the documents in Malay? if so, yes, you dont need to translate. Please search through the forum. This has been answered many many times.

micky119

Post by micky119 » Mon, 25 Nov 2019 4:53 pm

Yaya,I know this forum has been saying that many times, but some said yes and some said no. Therefore, I'm looking for feedback from recent PR applicants who have success applied PR without translate document (Issued malay) to english. Appreciated for the replies :)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 25 Nov 2019 5:01 pm

micky119 wrote:
Mon, 25 Nov 2019 4:53 pm
Yaya,I know this forum has been saying that many times, but some said yes and some said no. Therefore, I'm looking for feedback from recent PR applicants who have success applied PR without translate document (Issued malay) to english. Appreciated for the replies :)
see below

viewtopic.php?f=78&t=131860&p=814246&hi ... on#p814246

I dont see anyone who said must translate for malay documents

kekemao

Post by kekemao » Mon, 25 Nov 2019 5:16 pm

micky119 wrote:
Mon, 25 Nov 2019 4:12 pm
Hi,

Please translate it to ensure your application goes smoothly. You can do it in Malaysia and it only cost you RM50-RM150.

micky119

Post by micky119 » Mon, 25 Nov 2019 5:31 pm

Hi,

Any recommended translation service company in Malaysia? And RM50-RM150 is included notarization fees?
Sorry I didn't do any research of the translation services in Malaysia. Because I read through from the ica website, it's mentioned that need to process 4 steps for the translation and notarization in Singapore. And it's cost around SGD300.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 25 Nov 2019 7:07 pm

micky119 wrote:Hi,

Any recommended translation service company in Malaysia? And RM50-RM150 is included notarization fees?
Sorry I didn't do any research of the translation services in Malaysia. Because I read through from the ica website, it's mentioned that need to process 4 steps for the translation and notarization in Singapore. And it's cost around SGD300.
If your documents are in Bahasa Melayu, I can safely say that you do not need translate them. There are enough officers in ICA who understand the language, which is also the national language.

But if you want to play safe to have the docs translated, I’ll leave it to other members who have paid for such services to respond.

shuigao

Post by shuigao » Tue, 26 Nov 2019 8:34 am

micky119 wrote:
Mon, 25 Nov 2019 5:31 pm
And it's cost around SGD300.
As an ex-Malaysian, I can tell you that in my entire journey applying for EP, then PR, then citizenship, I have never translated a single one of my documents.
shuigao's travel & food blog http://look-see-eat.blogspot.com/

kekemao

Post by kekemao » Tue, 26 Nov 2019 10:48 am

micky119 wrote:
Hi,

Hi Micky,

I submitted non-translated document (in Malay) in year 2017 and the ICA officer asked me to translate it even though they understood Malay. In the end I did not translate it...8 months later they rejected my application.

Thereafter, I translated and notarised my birth cert and submitted my application in 1st Aug 19, I got PR approved last week. Of coz it depends on individual background etc...But it's better to translate it since it's not expensive. You can make a trip down to Chambers Translation at JB.

Here is the detail: Chambers Translation and Interpretation Services
Address: 21-1A, Jalan Bestari 6/2, Taman Nusa Bestari, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia
Phone: +60 7-232 4363
Email:[email protected]

All the best!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 26 Nov 2019 10:57 am

kekemao wrote:
Tue, 26 Nov 2019 10:48 am
micky119 wrote:
Hi,

Hi Micky,

I submitted non-translated document (in Malay) in year 2017 and the ICA officer asked me to translate it even though they understood Malay. In the end I did not translate it...8 months later thfter, I translated and notarised my birth cert and submitted my application in 1st Aug 19, I got PR approved last week. Of coz it depends on individual background etc...But it's better to translate it since it's not expensive. You can make a trip down to Chambers Translation at JB.

Address: 21-1A, Jalan Bestari 6/2, Taman Nusa Bestari, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia

All the best!ey rejected my application.

Thereafter, I translated and notarised my birth cert and submitted my application in 1st Aug 19, I got PR approved last week. Of coz it depends on individual background etc...But it's better to translate it since it's not expensive. You can make a trip down to Chambers Translation at JB.

All the best!
Not translating it is surely not the reason for rejection. Just to make it clear.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Tue, 26 Nov 2019 2:21 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
kekemao wrote:
Tue, 26 Nov 2019 10:48 am
micky119 wrote:
Hi,

Hi Micky,

I submitted non-translated document (in Malay) in year 2017 and the ICA officer asked me to translate it even though they understood Malay. In the end I did not translate it...8 months later thfter, I translated and notarised my birth cert and submitted my application in 1st Aug 19, I got PR approved last week. Of coz it depends on individual background etc...But it's better to translate it since it's not expensive. You can make a trip down to Chambers Translation at JB.

All the best!ey rejected my application.

All the best!
Not translating it is surely not the reason for rejection. Just to make it clear.
Ditto