Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for best priced quality english language learning

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

English Learner

Looking for best priced quality english language learning

Postby English Learner » Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:48 pm

I am thai, and looking for best priced, but quality English Learning school. My english speaking abilities are almost none, and would like to learn for better career (6m-12m).

I have accomodation, so I am just looking for a good school that have best prices and quality methods for teaching.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

English Learner

ashraf uk

ashraf can teach english lah!

Postby ashraf uk » Tue, 15 Mar 2005 4:32 am

:D sawadee kup! i want to learn thai so maybe we can trade i am good as far as diploma english and am a Singapore pr i can teach for 1hr 30$sghow does that sound can take you as far as o level a standard???
seeking employment in any capacity preferably sport/leisure

English in Singapore

Postby English in Singapore » Tue, 15 Mar 2005 7:16 am

Hi, I provide English training for Thai nationals working in Singapore. You can join an existing group or have personal training. Please call or SMS 81331664 to discuss.

english teacher

english

Postby english teacher » Thu, 17 Mar 2005 8:17 am

Feel free to sms me 90942704.

english learner

Postby english learner » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 7:15 pm

Thanks for the inputs.

I perfer class learning, as it will help to interact and polish-up the speaking skills.

So joining institute would be more feasible for me.

Also I will need S-pass to study, so would need info on that too.

For SGD30/hour learning is like hiring a staff at SGD900 per month. Overwhelming isnt it?????? I am wonder-struck (Probably thunder-struck) by this????

Hope to get more info anyway.

Regards to all

English Learner

job seeker

Postby job seeker » Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:41 am

i am now of job so any thing that can provide me with money to pay my for daily expense, i will do it.

i can teach English at the rate of $10 an hour over the internet. if you really interested please reply to this message.

English Learner

Postby English Learner » Fri, 25 Mar 2005 7:52 pm

Being a student myself, I understand the plight, and honestly would have been second to none to help you out, but I need to have S-pass to syudy, second I am not in Singapore presently, so have to come there.

My problem is I am zero in speaking skills and writing skills are very little as well, so unless I get into an interactive environment, I wont learn anything.

I also have to depend on my parents consent for getting some education as they have to take on all expenses for me, so that is why I am looking for some institutes giving quality education with low cost.

ex con

irony

Postby ex con » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 3:30 pm

what's the definition of irony?

well, it is when a bunch of people are offering to help someone improve his english proficiency when in fact, that someone is even better in english than they are - now that's irony!

English Learner

Postby English Learner » Mon, 28 Mar 2005 5:16 pm

Too late the heroes. :D

Was expecting this question since start, but no body asked.

Well I am taking someone help to write for me.

If my English were this good, I would think of started doing a job now. But I want to learn English for my career prospects, and dont feel hesitated to say that my level of english is poor. I need to learn english, having completed my Bachelors in Business Admin, as that will boost my chances of getting well paid jobs (specially in Thai market with my local language spoken abilities).

Some one told me Oxford institute is good, but I have no idea as fees are quite expensive. If any one has any idea, please share.

Appreciate your help.

Realistic

Postby Realistic » Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:54 pm

Probably a good idea to watch a few English language films and TV programmes more REGULARLY, to improve your Listening skills. Next would be to just get some English-speaking friends and speak to them.

If you have taken formal English lessons, then it is just a matter of practicing what you have learnt. There is no alternative to LOTS and LOTS of practice. Maybe even get a Western girlfriend...then your language skills will improve dramatically.

English Learner

Postby English Learner » Wed, 30 Mar 2005 3:02 pm

As I am girl myself, so wont be interesting to make a women g/f as such (not for me). Otherway round is not feasible either (dont ask why not). :D

I have the habit of watching movies a lot, but I think I am lacking confidence and the will to break the barrier of hesitation.

Further environment around me is also more prone to speaking local dialects, so difficult to find someone to learn from and improve.

Since most of the education is not in English, so to translate and learn is not easy.

I feel I need to go through the basics in an interactive environment to realy improve. As kids are very fast to learn many languages when they are at early stages of life, so probably I need a kid level start.

Suggestions about best priced institutes providing high quality education would be very helping.

Realistic

Postby Realistic » Thu, 31 Mar 2005 2:42 pm

I suggest that you come to Singapore first...and then start chatting to other Thais around the GOLDEN MILE COMPLEX. It is best to get their opinion on good and bad classes, as they are the ones who would have gone to the classes.

Don't worry, there are lots of Thais around that place.

Anyone else will just try to promote their own services.

English Learner

Postby English Learner » Thu, 31 Mar 2005 3:54 pm

Yes I will come after Thai New Year.

But around that area, mostly are business people, but will check whether they have some info.

Still checking through web, and got some info. So probably once I land there; would be easier to check which one suits my pocket and career prospects.

Appreciate a lot.

English Learner

ian

Postby ian » Thu, 31 Mar 2005 3:59 pm

you might want to consider studying english here in the philippines.

a lot of foreigners go here just to learn the english language. compared to other asian countries, spoken english here has a neutral accent that makes it easily understandable to anyone. :)

English Learner

Postby English Learner » Thu, 31 Mar 2005 4:25 pm

Would have been good idea, but as I have some accomodation and relatives here, so I guess would be better-off if I study here, and dont have to go thru hassle of managing other things except starting studying.