Singapore Expats

newborn baby overstayed in singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
srinivas.manikandan

newborn baby overstayed in singapore

Post by srinivas.manikandan » Sat, 02 Nov 2019 3:17 pm

hi all,

My wife gave birth to our child 50 days back, on the time I have been handed over with ICA advisory to register the pass within 42 days, but I somehow misplaced it and forgot altogether about it.
this is my fist child, my wife had a ceser delivery and he was having a high jaundice for it took 1 and half months to become normal, it was over whelming and I kind of lost track about the advisory.
After things got normal I wanted to proceed further with getting the passport for my son. while doing that I stumbled upon the advisory and as soon as I saw that I reported to ICA, they have registered it as offence and provided my son a special pass and asked me to appear at ICA when ever asked.
I need your help me on advising how should I handle this should I hire a lawyer or what should I do.

please help I am puzzled and not sure what to do

shuigao

Re: newborn baby overstayed in singapore

Post by shuigao » Sat, 02 Nov 2019 3:57 pm

I doubt you will need a lawyer, more likely you will be asked to pay a fine of some sort. However having said that I do not have any actual knowledge or experience in this so please feel free to disregard this.

Do let us know the outcome, cheers!
shuigao's travel & food blog http://look-see-eat.blogspot.com/

srinivas.manikandan

Post by srinivas.manikandan » Sat, 02 Nov 2019 4:25 pm

Thank you Shuigao for your respose, if possible would you be able to tag some one who could help

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 02 Nov 2019 10:00 pm

srinivas.manikandan wrote:
Sat, 02 Nov 2019 3:17 pm
hi all,

My wife gave birth to our child 50 days back, on the time I have been handed over with ICA advisory to register the pass within 42 days, but I somehow misplaced it and forgot altogether about it.
this is my fist child, my wife had a ceser delivery and he was having a high jaundice for it took 1 and half months to become normal, it was over whelming and I kind of lost track about the advisory.
After things got normal I wanted to proceed further with getting the passport for my son. while doing that I stumbled upon the advisory and as soon as I saw that I reported to ICA, they have registered it as offence and provided my son a special pass and asked me to appear at ICA when ever asked.
I need your help me on advising how should I handle this should I hire a lawyer or what should I do.

please help I am puzzled and not sure what to do
Explain your situation to ICA truthfully. They will surely help you. Ask them on what to do next.

East Sider

Post by East Sider » Fri, 03 Jan 2020 11:02 pm

Same thing happened to me and my wife and baby. Don't worry (too much).

I hope by now you have sorted the situation. The ICA will 'drag you over the coals' so to speak, but it is a fairly common 'offence'. I imagine you were required to appear at the Repatriation Centre every two weeks (a scary place the first time you are hauled in there!) to renew the Special Pass but the staff at ICA were kind (if strict) and my baby is all sorted now

It's a good story to tell your child when he/she grows up! :lol:

shuigao

Post by shuigao » Wed, 08 Jan 2020 8:57 am

East Sider wrote:
Fri, 03 Jan 2020 11:02 pm
I imagine you were required to appear at the Repatriation Centre every two weeks (a scary place the first time you are hauled in there!) to renew the Special Pass but the staff at ICA were kind (if strict) and my baby is all sorted now
I had to renew my baby's special pass for 3 months, good thing he never actually overstayed to I got to apply for and renew the pass at the lvl 4 office instead :) I imagine the staff there were much less strict to me :)
shuigao's travel & food blog http://look-see-eat.blogspot.com/

aparna85

Post by aparna85 » Mon, 15 Jun 2020 2:33 pm

We are in a similar situation, wonder how this ends?

dell123

Post by dell123 » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 1:15 pm

aparna85 wrote:We are in a similar situation, wonder how this ends?
Should be fine. I have had a similar experience in past. Important thing is to immediately go down to ICA and tell them honestly what has happened.

The officers there are nice and would probably just give you a small fine and extend your visa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 4:44 pm

dell123 wrote:
Tue, 16 Jun 2020 1:15 pm
Should be fine. I have had a similar experience in past. Important thing is to immediately go down to ICA and tell them honestly what has happened.

The officers there are nice and would probably just give you a small fine and extend your visa.

You cant directly go down to ICA. Ask for an urgent appointment to visit ICA. They will respond back in 1-2 days

dell123

Post by dell123 » Tue, 16 Jun 2020 4:47 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
dell123 wrote:
Tue, 16 Jun 2020 1:15 pm

You cant directly go down to ICA. Ask for an urgent appointment to visit ICA. They will respond back in 1-2 days
Yes i belive not in this situation. But in normal times.

Thx for the correction.