Singapore Expats

General advise on citizenship waiting time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 19 Nov 2019 10:27 pm

smoulder wrote:
Tue, 19 Nov 2019 9:53 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 18 Nov 2019 2:41 pm
Eventually countries get wise to certain nationalities and their game playing. This makes it hard on their countrymen who follow later cause once a nationality gets tarred all suffer even if they don't have that intention.
I hear you. I was speaking with the guy in question just today and he asked me about my PR application. When I told him that I was successful, he exclaimed how he should submit another citizenship application. I smiled and told him "sure bud, just don't go running off to the US and make it hard for the rest of us" :)
How can they go to USA with SC? Any relation?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Nov 2019 11:36 pm

Extremely good terms with Singapore. Both counties have reciprocal 90 visa free entry as well. If you have SGC your odds are much better than all other Asian or S.E.Asian countries.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Wed, 20 Nov 2019 8:33 am

The US green card queue (diversity) for Singapore has no backlog compared to years of waiting for PRC, Filipinos, Vietnamese, and Indians.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 20 Nov 2019 9:34 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 19 Nov 2019 10:27 pm
smoulder wrote:
Tue, 19 Nov 2019 9:53 pm
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 18 Nov 2019 2:41 pm
Eventually countries get wise to certain nationalities and their game playing. This makes it hard on their countrymen who follow later cause once a nationality gets tarred all suffer even if they don't have that intention.
I hear you. I was speaking with the guy in question just today and he asked me about my PR application. When I told him that I was successful, he exclaimed how he should submit another citizenship application. I smiled and told him "sure bud, just don't go running off to the US and make it hard for the rest of us" :)
How can they go to USA with SC? Any relation?
As others have posted, Immigration/emigration to the US is much easier on a Singapore passport. There are way too many barriers on an Indian passport which is also partially due to the impression that some Indians have left in the US - that they will game the system. Just look up the whole H1B visa fiasco. Now this is quite similar to the impression created in Singapore. So it is well in line with the previous comment that governments get wiser to the immigration games being played.

Freespirited

Post by Freespirited » Tue, 10 Dec 2019 9:44 am

Dear all
Thanks for all your replies
I received my IPA on the 9th December and my SC journey has started now
Thanks to you all once again
Regards