Singapore Expats Forum

General advise on citizenship waiting time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Freespirited
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:37 am

General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by Freespirited » Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:57 am

Hi
I would like seek your opinion on my profile for Sg citizenships application.
Race : Indian
Age : both me and wife in late 30s
PR since 2014 June
Living in Sg since 2010 March
Children : 1 boy 2 years old born in Singapore
Family income : 400k / annum
Both professionals
Wife Nus grad and pursuing phd at nus
Own 2 private properties

Applied for citizenship online on 24th May 2018
Interview on the 8th Nov 2018
Still pending

Any opinion/ advise from my fellow members here ?
Got chance ?

bro75
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 8:06 am
Location: Singapore

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by bro75 » Thu, 24 Oct 2019 11:15 am

You should have a decent chance since your PR was approved at a time when approvals are very rare for the "others" category. I am assuming that your son is included in the application.

Freespirited
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:37 am

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by Freespirited » Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:37 pm

Hi bro75
Yes , applied as family , still pending
Does Indian race classified as others ?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2039
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 24 Oct 2019 2:17 pm

Freespirited wrote:
Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:37 pm
Hi bro75
Yes , applied as family , still pending
Does Indian race classified as others ?
Indian is classified under Indian and not under others. Processing time should be 12-18 months from the date you submitted the documents physically at ICA. Your application is not even 12 months into processing. Except for your high salary, all others should mostly be ok in the application

bro75
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 8:06 am
Location: Singapore

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by bro75 » Thu, 24 Oct 2019 3:05 pm

Freespirited wrote:
Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:37 pm
Hi bro75
Yes , applied as family , still pending
Does Indian race classified as others ?
Indian is classified as Indian. I should have corrected that post above.

Freespirited
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:37 am

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by Freespirited » Thu, 24 Oct 2019 3:22 pm

Thanks to both of u

vig.srinivasan93
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 10:11 pm

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Sun, 17 Nov 2019 7:16 pm

Did you see your Post box whether any IPA is received or not. Did you change your address and did not mention the same to ICA...etc. like that. This much waiting time after Interview is some what unusual. But I am not much knowledgeable in Citizenship process. In PR normally it takes after IPA letter received only by post, it takes 3 - 4 months at the max.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2039
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 17 Nov 2019 7:26 pm

vig.srinivasan93 wrote:
Sun, 17 Nov 2019 7:16 pm
Did you see your Post box whether any IPA is received or not. Did you change your address and did not mention the same to ICA...etc. like that. This much waiting time after Interview is some what unusual. But I am not much knowledgeable in Citizenship process. In PR normally it takes after IPA letter received only by post, it takes 3 - 4 months at the max.
Are you sure that this much waiting time is not normal? He can check the status online too. It is not mentioned anywhere that it takes 3-4 months max after the documents submission in person (interview).

Also note PR processing and SC processing are 2 different things. I waited 13.5 months from the date of submission of documents (interview) for SC.

vig.srinivasan93
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 10:11 pm

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by vig.srinivasan93 » Sun, 17 Nov 2019 8:59 pm

Again I hv to remind you that my experience during PR only I mentioned. I dont know much on Citizenship. In fact during my PR, I did not see my mail box on the day when I received. Just 2 days before the deadline, I casually went and saw and found that the IPA is recd. Online status change I believe is done after you submit necessary documents against the IPA received by you. YOu can better check once with ICA on this if possible.

smoulder
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by smoulder » Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:41 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 24 Oct 2019 2:17 pm
Freespirited wrote:
Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:37 pm
Hi bro75
Yes , applied as family , still pending
Does Indian race classified as others ?
Indian is classified under Indian and not under others. Processing time should be 12-18 months from the date you submitted the documents physically at ICA. Your application is not even 12 months into processing. Except for your high salary, all others should mostly be ok in the application
Do you mean that high salary might be viewed as a negative? Why?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2039
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:47 am

smoulder wrote:
Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:41 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 24 Oct 2019 2:17 pm
Freespirited wrote:
Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:37 pm
Hi bro75
Yes , applied as family , still pending
Does Indian race classified as others ?
Indian is classified under Indian and not under others. Processing time should be 12-18 months from the date you submitted the documents physically at ICA. Your application is not even 12 months into processing. Except for your high salary, all others should mostly be ok in the application
Do you mean that high salary might be viewed as a negative? Why?
High salary, people may move around countries, whenever there are better opportunities elsewhere? This happened in the Banking industry in the past.

smoulder
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by smoulder » Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:52 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:47 am
smoulder wrote:
Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:41 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 24 Oct 2019 2:17 pm


Indian is classified under Indian and not under others. Processing time should be 12-18 months from the date you submitted the documents physically at ICA. Your application is not even 12 months into processing. Except for your high salary, all others should mostly be ok in the application
Do you mean that high salary might be viewed as a negative? Why?
High salary, people may move around countries, whenever there are better opportunities elsewhere? This happened in the Banking industry in the past.
Got it. Yes I've heard of people who apply for and sometimes get approval for Singapore citizenship with the sole intention of moving to the US. My colleague did just that (applied with that intention in mind)... He was rejected.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 36352
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Nov 2019 2:41 pm

Eventually countries get wise to certain nationalities and their game playing. This makes it hard on their countrymen who follow later cause once a nationality gets tarred all suffer even if they don't have that intention.

Freespirited
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:37 am

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by Freespirited » Mon, 18 Nov 2019 4:10 pm

Guys thanks a lot for all your advise
I haven’t change my address or anything.
Still waiting.. now almost 13 months since interview.
Cheers

smoulder
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2015 11:05 pm

Re: General advise on citizenship waiting time

Post by smoulder » Tue, 19 Nov 2019 9:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mon, 18 Nov 2019 2:41 pm
Eventually countries get wise to certain nationalities and their game playing. This makes it hard on their countrymen who follow later cause once a nationality gets tarred all suffer even if they don't have that intention.
I hear you. I was speaking with the guy in question just today and he asked me about my PR application. When I told him that I was successful, he exclaimed how he should submit another citizenship application. I smiled and told him "sure bud, just don't go running off to the US and make it hard for the rest of us" :)

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests