Singapore Expats

Solid foods & recipes

Discuss parenting issues with other moms here.
Emilyc

Solid foods & recipes

Post by Emilyc » Thu, 17 Oct 2019 3:26 pm

Hi everyone, moms to be and dads to be.

I was wondering how you were preparing yourself for the time when baby starts eating solid foods. What kind of foods do you cook? Do you have any place to get recipes? And what kind of foods to avoid in SG?

Thanks so much!

joeyy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Solid foods & recipes

Post by joeyy » Thu, 17 Oct 2019 4:49 pm

Emilyc wrote:
Thu, 17 Oct 2019 3:26 pm
Hi everyone, moms to be and dads to be.

I was wondering how you were preparing yourself for the time when baby starts eating solid foods. What kind of foods do you cook? Do you have any place to get recipes? And what kind of foods to avoid in SG?

Thanks so much!
Porridge with broccoli probably will be the best start. However, have to really feed them in a very very small spoon so that they wont get choke. Broccoli have to cook until super soft. Cut away the broccoli stem. Or you can mash them all together. Make sure, is soft enough to be mash with just a press using spoon. :mrgreen:

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Fri, 18 Oct 2019 3:18 pm

Or baby cereals, yogurt. Nothing much to avoid unless your baby has an allergy. Just avoid raw food and salads which are also not suitable for babies.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Emilyc

Post by Emilyc » Mon, 21 Oct 2019 1:58 pm

Thanks a lot for your advices, will continue my research but that's already a good start :) We love broccoli, so this will suit the household habits too!