Singapore Expats

Currently EP holder. If I quit my job now and reapply for new job in the future does it make me harder to get pass?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
cyrus7

Currently EP holder. If I quit my job now and reapply for new job in the future does it make me harder to get pass?

Post by cyrus7 » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 8:53 pm

Currently EP holder. If I quit my job now and reapply for new job in the future does it make me harder to get pass in the future?

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: Currently EP holder. If I quit my job now and reapply for new job in the future does it make me harder to get pass?

Post by bro75 » Thu, 17 Oct 2019 9:22 am

Each application will depend on its own merits, whether the pass applied, position and salary is commensurate with your education and experience and whether the company is qualified to hire you. The fact that you changed jobs will not by itself make it harder for you to be approved.

Hatem

Re: Currently EP holder. If I quit my job now and reapply for new job in the future does it make me harder to get pass?

Post by Hatem » Fri, 18 Oct 2019 10:18 am

Agree with Bro.
Just to quote you an example: a former colleague of mine under EP had is EP cancelled by the company since he went on a 12 months work transfer.
Due to the political situation of the place where he was sent, the company has decided to bring him back and they basically re-applied for an EP less than 2 months and half since the first one was cancelled, and was approved.

As Bro mentions: depends all on merites, type of pass, the position, the company and the reason why a foreign candidate is preferred over a local.