Singapore Expats

Does ICA keep records of past PR/SC applications?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Eurasian2019

Does ICA keep records of past PR/SC applications?

Post by Eurasian2019 » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 1:02 am

Currently waiting on my application for SC, but I'm here just to ask a question about rather ICA keep records of a person's previous attempts of applying for PR/SC? So let's say, one guy applies for PR and he has applied once in the past (and it was rejected.) Would ICA still see that he has applied for PR and have access to his previous PR application? Just a general inquiry, thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Does ICA keep records of past PR/SC applications?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 2:10 pm

Yes. In fact, this is also why if you work here, finish your contract, go home for 5 years and come back here on another contract you will have exactly the same FIN number. No matter how many times you apply a copy of it will be kept on record. Your FIN number is a unique identifier just like your fingerprint is. The only time the FIN number will change is when(if) you become a Permanent Resident when you will then be issued a NRIC. That NRIC number will never change (the colour will, however if you gain citizenship at which time it is exchanged for a pink NRIC. All your records, submissions, rejections (and reasons for same but you will never see those) are kept.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Eurasian2019

Post by Eurasian2019 » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 2:58 pm

Oh...I didn't know that actually. I mean I know the FIN doesn't change when you renew your ltvp, but I didn't know that it's actually permanent. Thanks for the insight! I feel more comfortable with know they keeping past records

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 3:04 pm

The FIN is permanent until it is exchanged for the NRIC (either blue or pink). Now whether or not they keep/transfer the FIN records to the new NRIC number I do not know. I do know that all applications upon gaining PR are kept (e.g., applications for SGC, etc.)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Eurasian2019

Post by Eurasian2019 » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 3:07 pm

Oh no no, that's what i meant, until you gain your NRIC. But even when you have your FIN number and you apply for PR, they still keep tabs on your previous applications for PR right? Sorry if i'm just repeating myself, I just want to get things straight

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 5:25 pm

reread my last post.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 5:28 pm

You won't escape your past.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:25 pm

I have anecdotal evidence that tells me all the records pertaining to my EntrePass and EP were still available under my NRIC when I got PR. My business plan, my company formation, all available under NRIC. Makes sense. Governments rarely let records be destroyed for any reason, unless forced to do so.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:44 pm

Eurasian2019 wrote:
Wed, 16 Oct 2019 3:07 pm
Oh no no, that's what i meant, until you gain your NRIC. But even when you have your FIN number and you apply for PR, they still keep tabs on your previous applications for PR right? Sorry if i'm just repeating myself, I just want to get things straight
There must surely be a reason why you are asking the same question again and again. Are you worried about something?

Even before your EP, if you have visited SG on Social Visit Pass, they will have records to link that to you, your EP and also to your PR. So, they dont forget anything.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 17 Oct 2019 12:25 pm

Yep. How do you think they catch those who do too many "visa runs".

Eurasian2019

Post by Eurasian2019 » Fri, 18 Oct 2019 10:26 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:44 pm
Eurasian2019 wrote:
Wed, 16 Oct 2019 3:07 pm
There must surely be a reason why you are asking the same question again and again. Are you worried about something?

Even before your EP, if you have visited SG on Social Visit Pass, they will have records to link that to you, your EP and also to your PR. So, they dont forget anything.
Heyy, oh no I wasn't worried about anything, sorry if I came across that way (well I have been waiting for citizenship but I guess waiting is something to be expected.) I just wanted to understand it fully, that's all. Thanks for your concern and for your time!

Eurasian2019

Post by Eurasian2019 » Fri, 18 Oct 2019 10:28 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:25 pm
I have anecdotal evidence that tells me all the records pertaining to my EntrePass and EP were still available under my NRIC when I got PR. My business plan, my company formation, all available under NRIC. Makes sense. Governments rarely let records be destroyed for any reason, unless forced to do so.
Yup, seems about right. Know a guy who has that under his profile too (don't know his situation fully though, obviously.) And yeah, governments would not destroy any of that stuff. It's practical to keep records.