Singapore Expats

LTVP Status After Divorce?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
LCLee1969

LTVP Status After Divorce?

Post by LCLee1969 » Sat, 12 Oct 2019 3:39 pm

Hi

I’m holding a LTVP and am married to a Singaporean citizen. Unfortunately we have decided to get divorced due to personal differences. Once my divorce has been confirmed, what will happen to the status of my current Long Term Visit Pass? Will it be revoked/cancelled immediately or am I still permitted to maintain the pass until it expires? Would appreciate any advise or help on this topic. Thank you.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: LTVP Status After Divorce?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 13 Oct 2019 9:05 am

LCLee1969 wrote:
Sat, 12 Oct 2019 3:39 pm
Hi

I’m holding a LTVP and am married to a Singaporean citizen. Unfortunately we have decided to get divorced due to personal differences. Once my divorce has been confirmed, what will happen to the status of my current Long Term Visit Pass? Will it be revoked/cancelled immediately or am I still permitted to maintain the pass until it expires? Would appreciate any advise or help on this topic. Thank you.
If there are any changes to your marriage status, you are expected to inform ICA immediately. Once you inform them, your LTVP will be cancelled.

LCLee1969

Post by LCLee1969 » Sun, 13 Oct 2019 9:35 am

Ok, thank you very much for the feedback. I expected that to be the case but I was not sure.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 14 Oct 2019 10:19 am

If you have children or need time to settle your affairs you should seek advice from your solicitor on approaching ICA for a special pass to give you time to do so.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Post by The Ref » Tue, 15 Oct 2019 11:35 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 13 Oct 2019 9:05 am
LCLee1969 wrote:
Hi

If there are any changes to your marriage status, you are expected to inform ICA immediately. Once you inform them, your LTVP will be cancelled.
I asked this question specifically of the court who mentioned the systems are not linked and is unlikely to be an issue until renewal of passes.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 1:46 am

The Ref wrote:
Tue, 15 Oct 2019 11:35 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
LCLee1969 wrote:
Hi

I asked this question specifically of the court who mentioned the systems are not linked and is unlikely to be an issue until renewal of passes.
Sounds like the judge hasn't bothered to read the MoM web pages covering LTVP

Change in personal particulars

Who does this: Sponsoring company or main work pass holder

You need to inform us of changes in your personal particulars such as passport number, name or marital status.

LCLee1969

Post by LCLee1969 » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 7:50 am

The Ref wrote:
Tue, 15 Oct 2019 11:35 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
LCLee1969 wrote:
Hi

WoW, I thought everything in Singapore would be linked as they are very efficient!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Oct 2019 2:14 pm

They are linked. Eventually the sponsor or ltvp holder would be caught. At that point in time one or both are in violation of the laws of Singapore. They can then do as they want. The sponsor could easily find themself in a heap of brown stuff. The linkages have all taken place in the past 4 or 5 years. This is why when you do something with ICA and are asked for permission for them to check with ICA instead of you furnishing something, as they can easily access the info directly but prefer to have your permission.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers