Singapore Expats

Completing PR formalities - original documents missing

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
PRWannabeSG

Completing PR formalities - original documents missing

Post by PRWannabeSG » Fri, 11 Oct 2019 12:43 pm

Hi, PR application applied March 2019 and granted in principle approval in Oct 2019. Appointment booked end of October. My original employment letter and the Annex A to the Form 4A have been misplaced. I can't locate them after office move. all other original documents available. Looking for urgent comments if there are similar cases here. Should i ask the ICA if they can accept pdf copy or request my company to reissue the documents again, I don't think they will be willing to do it as it would mean backdating the letter. Many thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Completing PR formalities - original documents missing

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 13 Oct 2019 11:20 pm

PRWannabeSG wrote:
Fri, 11 Oct 2019 12:43 pm
Hi, PR application applied March 2019 and granted in principle approval in Oct 2019. Appointment booked end of October. My original employment letter and the Annex A to the Form 4A have been misplaced. I can't locate them after office move. all other original documents available. Looking for urgent comments if there are similar cases here. Should i ask the ICA if they can accept pdf copy or request my company to reissue the documents again, I don't think they will be willing to do it as it would mean backdating the letter. Many thanks

Why can't your company give a letter stating that you are employed since date ABC with your position and your salary. that along with the Annex A should be good enough. If you are too worried, email ICA or make a visit to ICA and explain them the scenario. Mostly, they should be ok with what I said.

Also in your approval letter are they asking you to bring the Original Employment letter and Annex A?

Also, how careless is it for you to miss both of them together?

SinPr

Re: Completing PR formalities - original documents missing

Post by SinPr » Sat, 18 Sep 2021 2:25 am

Hello! Need help too. Same issue I lost the documents while moving thing back to home for Working from Home.

May I know how did u resolve it?